Vaporizing oil with the Ti skillet, Nail, and Wand

• Thread starter Graywolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Graywolf

Graywolf

Any of ya'll new to vaporizing cannabis essential oils, getting confused at the choices, because there are such staunch supporters of different systems?

I know it has drawn my attention so we'uns at skunk pharm have been testing some of the alternatives, to better understand their strengths and weaknesses.

We are pleased to share that HMK donated a complete water cooled aroma therapy inhalation device, replete with curve and swinging Ti skillet, and KO Domeless Ti Nails donated 4 nail assemblies for testing purposes. Thank ya'll both for your generous support, without which we wouldn't have conducted these evaluations.

We had Agnostic Taoist Oil Wells made with his permission, but used our own skunk pharm Ti and Quartz wands for testing that system, instead of the AT Borosilicate wands.

HMK's system came complete and ready for testing, but we installed the other two systems on our own skunk water cooled aroma therapy inhalation devices, which are diminutive, but not as small as the HMK.

We also had to use an adaptor for the KO nail system, because the taper was too large for our skunk pipes.

Tireless researchers that we are, us'n's skunk pharmers dutifully put them all through their paces as extensively as time and our stamina allowed, evaluation them for the following parameters and rating them on a scale of 1 through 10.

1.0 Form:

How purdy is this puppy in appearance?

Is it attractive to look at?

Is it cleanly and concisely functional?

Is it art?

2.0 Function: Does it perform its designed function and how cleanly designed is this system?

3.0 Craftsmanship.

How well made?

Could this be passed on as an heirloom, or will you go through a number in a lifetime?

4.0 Effectiveness. The fish trap exists because of the fish, and if something is stupid, and it works, it isn't stupid, but just how reliably well does it work, really?

How successfully does it accomplish the purpose for which it was intended?

The purpose we measured is the units ability to deliver a controlled measured dose of medication, when operated as designed.

5.0 Novice operation,

How easy is it for a novice to operate and control dosage?

If you hand it to a novice, with oral or written instructions, how much experience will the novice require to operate it smoothly?

Smoothly is defined as being able to consistently load and ingest the proper dosage, without over inhaling to the point of a coughing fit trying to keep up with the vapor produced, or just altogether losing un-inhaled clouds to the room when they stop inhaling?

6.0 Efficiency.

How efficiently does the system process the oil without internal or external losses? IE. How much of the oil used reaches the lungs?

How much oil will be lost to condensing films in the overall system and how much smoke escapes the system un-captured?

How easy is it to lose drops of oil from the system?

7.0 Taste.

How did you like the taste?

How well does it present the nuances of the individual flavors involved, without adding flavors of its own, or inhibiting flavors?

How repeatable are the flavors dose to dose?

How was the after taste?

8.0 Effectiveness.

How effective are two hits of the medication when vaporized by this method, compared to two hits from a joint of the stuff it was made from?

9.0 Portability.

How portable and fast is the system?

Will you be carrying this system in your pocket, or in a carrying case?

How much support equipment required?

How long to set up and ingest a dose?

Is it usable in view of the general public?

How transportable while still hot?

To summarize our ownSkunk PharmResearch findings, all three systems performed excellently, with each of them doing something better than the others and none a clear leader, except each consideration that the systems were evaluated doesn't bear equal weight with everyone, if indeed anyone.

For instance, the fact that none of the systems are really portable, or can be used openly in the general public, doesn't carry much weight for a home system, while it might for something you need to carry in your pocket and use discreetly.

Same with novice friendliness. Once you are no longer a novice, it is a moot point.

Since what is important isn't what us'n skunk pharmers think, we are also submitting the three systems to volunteer patient test panels, the first of which we kicked off at a 4-20 83rd birthday party that we threw for our oldest patient, Eloquentsolutions Stage 7 alzhiemers mom.

Lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu!!!!!!!!!!!1 Pardee, pardee, pardee!!!!!!!!!!

Two gourmet birthday cakes, spaced three hours apart so she wouldn't remember the first. Hee, hee, hee.............

More detailed skunk pharmer observations and scores can be found at http://skunkpharmresearch.com/vaporizing-oil/, but here is how the test panel rated the three systems in the different categories.

Panel score comparisons 1 1
Hmk and skunk pipe sizes
Hmk skunk pharm pipe 2 1
Ko domeless nail 4 1
Oil pipes with wands 1 1
Vaporizing oil with the ti skillet nail and wand 6
Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

i love the model, looks like a blaast, and a focus group i woulda liked to be a part of, lol.

and a very nice water cooled aroma therapy inhalation device HMK hooked it up with...

awesome post, Skunk Pharm for the win!!!

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
excellent post, thanks for sharing. imho, your posts always kick ass. I find the hmk to have the best flavor out of all the skillets.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Thanks, GW. I've been smoking almost daily for 25 years and have only gotten into extracts in the last few years. Bought my first rig about 6 months ago. Appreciate the explanation.

outwest

jyip

jyip

im thinking i could be switching over to oil soon after,next harvest,,but i had read the bho thread fom hmk and once i have enough weed consistently will be bho'ing soon

deep buddy

deep buddy

ive been using a quartz skillet, by far the best extract tool i have found

opt1c

opt1c

Eskillit for the road. I dig möbius matrix pecs for my oil..... I prefer oil rig... No need to sugarcoat with euphemism

Top Bottom