Variegated leaves I am guessing?

• Thread starter Pinkharpie18
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pinkharpie18

Pinkharpie18

Second grow and some of the leaves on one of my three plants looks...I guess variegated? They look cool and the plant seems okay.
It did have a rough start at germination. The taproot grew upward but eventually it sorted itself out.
Any growers input is much appreciated! Thanks!

Variegated leaves i am guessing
Variegated leaves i am guessing 2
Variegated leaves i am guessing 3
Variegated leaves i am guessing 4
Variegated leaves i am guessing 5
BryanOconner

BryanOconner

for sure a virus a few different kinds of pests . two different bugs i clearly see damage caused by two different bug s. Nothing you want .
Treat them now or lose them in a few months .

Pinkharpie18

Pinkharpie18

could be a genetic chimera or could also be Hemp Streak and Cannabis Cryptic Virus or Mosaic and Hop Latent Viroid according to:

could be concerning if lot of new growth show similar signs wich don't seem to be the case

might have pests,.
Eeek pests would be bad. I have looked but couldn't find any obvious bugs. I do have a little digital microscope I could pull out to inspect closer.
If pests caused this one plants leaf coloration any guesses as to the likely culprits?

Pinkharpie18

Pinkharpie18

could be a genetic chimera or could also be Hemp Streak and Cannabis Cryptic Virus or Mosaic and Hop Latent Viroid according to:

could be concerning if lot of new growth show similar signs wich don't seem to be the case.
Thanks for the link! I googled plant chimerism and it looks quite similar. I will do more digging.
Yeah it seems the new growth is solid in color only now.
I have 3 different cultivars in the tent and this Iron Throne by Katsu Seeds is the only one showing the weird discoloration on some leaves.

Pinkharpie18

Pinkharpie18

for sure a virus a few different kinds of pests . two different bugs i clearly see damage caused by two different bug s. Nothing you want .
Treat them now or lose them in a few months .
What bugs would it be? I have scouted them out but obviously can't be 100% thorough. Couldn't find any bugs or excrement as of now. I do have a little digital microscope I could pull out to look closer if the bugs/pests are not visible to the naked eye.
Since this is my second grow I am unfamiliar with pest problems. Any way growers usually look for bugs?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
What bugs would it be? I have scouted them out but obviously can't be 100% thorough. Couldn't find any bugs or excrement as of now. I do have a little digital microscope I could pull out to look closer if the bugs/pests are not visible to the naked eye.
Since this is my second grow I am unfamiliar with pest problems. Any way growers usually look for bugs?
only when showing signs,..
use your scope and google marijuana pest, images,..

Pinkharpie18

Pinkharpie18

Still kind of stumped on what this plants deal is. I haven't found bugs yet. Maybe a virus or sectorial chimerism?

Day 21 flower, Iron Throne by Katsu Seeds. Seems healthy and happy but as it is only my second grow I am not certain on that lol.

20240219 213653
20240219 214107
20240219 214313
20240219 214322
Pinkharpie18

Pinkharpie18

Here is it's crappy start to life lol. It decided to grow it's taproot up or I didn't plant the seed deep enough maybe?
As I look back it's kind of always had a non uniform leaf color in a way. Kind of twisted or curly look to it too a bit.
Hopefully more pics and context helps out. I am quite curious and a bit worried hahaha.

Resized 20231111 120000
20231113 134936
20231118 073156
20231120 114832
20231121 115743
20231123 093851
20231127 013554
20240112 212905
20240115 184308
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

yeah leaves since variegated since the beggining so most prolly genetic, as you said sectorial chimera most prolly.

B

BuffNuts

Too much potassium, not enough B + Zn

Burn your house down for invisible ghosts, or fix the obvious imbalanced shit nutes. Somehow I think pot growers would burn the house down first at this point.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Here is it's crappy start to life lol. It decided to grow it's taproot up or I didn't plant the seed deep enough maybe?
As I look back it's kind of always had a non uniform leaf color in a way. Kind of twisted or curly look to it too a bit.
Hopefully more pics and context helps out. I am quite curious and a bit worried hahaha.
ok this is the plant from seed?
than no pest,. probably TMV,..

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Looks an awful lot like light stress to me. In most of the pics where she is smaller, leaves are taco’ing and twisting. In original pics, looks like damage lessens as you move down the plant except where the leaves are exposed. If you have a way to shave her light or the light in her area down 5-10 percent, you may clear it up. On the other hand, if the flowers look OK you can just tell her to shut up and take it. Especially if the plants around her are fine and you can’t control her light without dimming it for the others. You will prolly have some crispy fans, but they are compost anyway. Just my $.02 Good luck getting her sorted. Nice looking grow. Cheers

S

SnoopingAsUsualI

Some leaves damaged some not but some have this coloring that gives me an idea that girl might wanna more phosphorus and overall the balance of nutrients ain't no good. Good feeding, good water, perhaps a little more water than usual and cutting off the damaged leaves might help

Pinkharpie18

Pinkharpie18

Yes from seed. I haven't been able to find any pests as of yet, still on the look out. I'm researching mosaic viruses to try and see if it matches this plant. What I've come across so far with mosaic viruses is they spread and cause growth stunting. I have had no transfer of visual leaf discoloration or obvious stunting on any plants. Which has me thinking that it isn't a virus.
Though this is only my second grow and I am inexperienced in plant morphology in general but learning as much as I can. I will monitor and observe how 🤔 things progress...Hopefully it is just a genetic predisposition lol.
I am trying to find instances of mosaic virus from seed. If it had mosaic would it be growing and keeping up with the other two plants as well?

Pinkharpie18

Pinkharpie18

Looks an awful lot like light stress to me. In most of the pics where she is smaller, leaves are taco’ing and twisting. In original pics, looks like damage lessens as you move down the plant except where the leaves are exposed. If you have a way to shave her light or the light in her area down 5-10 percent, you may clear it up. On the other hand, if the flowers look OK you can just tell her to shut up and take it. Especially if the plants around her are fine and you can’t control her light without dimming it for the others. You will prolly have some crispy fans, but they are compost anyway. Just my $.02 Good luck getting her sorted. Nice looking grow. Cheers
I did have problems with my first grow with too strong of lights (bleaching of buds was kind of crazy lol). So this grow I backed it off a bit and have it at 80% where last grow was 100%.
I have been trying to rule out pests, viruses and harmful things like that. Since it has been like this since germination and the other two plants are unaffected that leads me to think it's genetic but I'm not for sure at all.
Yeah the other two look normal but they are all three different cultivars from seed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom