Variegated leaves I am guessing?

• Thread starter Pinkharpie18
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fromunda506

Fromunda506

I don’t know what kind of light you’re using and what the distance is but 80% on most modern LEDs is an awful lot of light unless you have really good amount of headroom. If you are getting bleaching at 100, I would not at all be surprised to see some stress that toasted some fans on one plant at 80. Doesn’t matter if they’re the same cultivar every plant from seed is a little different and has their own nuances. Some are more nutrient sensitive, more light sensitive, etc. Based on your pictures and description, that sure looks like the situation. I still probably wouldn’t do a thing about it though other than maybe not keep that one if you’re someone who clones plants to keep and run again. I have run hundreds of plants over the years. When you see damage that’s focused on the upper and exposed leaves, particularly when it comes with twisting and taco’ing, my money is on an overlit gal. I would keep an eye on her for throwing nanners from the stress. Other than that, it’s not that bad and she should finish fine.

Pinkharpie18

Pinkharpie18

I don’t know what kind of light you’re using and what the distance is but 80% on most modern LEDs is an awful lot of light unless you have really good amount of headroom. If you are getting bleaching at 100, I would not at all be surprised to see some stress that toasted some fans on one plant at 80. Doesn’t matter if they’re the same cultivar every plant from seed is a little different and has their own nuances. Some are more nutrient sensitive, more light sensitive, etc. Based on your pictures and description, that sure looks like the situation. I still probably wouldn’t do a thing about it though other than maybe not keep that one if you’re someone who clones plants to keep and run again. I have run hundreds of plants over the years. When you see damage that’s focused on the upper and exposed leaves, particularly when it comes with twisting and taco’ing, my money is on an overlit gal. I would keep an eye on her for throwing nanners from the stress. Other than that, it’s not that bad and she should finish fine.

It is my second grow and my first was a bit bumpy lol. I really appreciate the feedback and experienced eyes!
I'm not sure on the ppfd but it probably is a bit high. The light is a HLG Scorpion Diablo X. 4x4 tent with three plants. They are day 23 flower since 12/12 light schedule. VPD has been easier to manage than my first run at least.
The plant was born with the weird leaf coloration and is seemingly growing well. Light stress wouldn’t cause the patterned leaves would it?

20240221 185943
20240221 190410
20240221 185940
20240221 185949
20240221 185934
20240221 190354
20240221 1904520
Screenshot 20240221 192902 AC Infinity
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
not saying it’s your issue for your concern but raise your light 10 inches if you can,.. you can see the beginning of light stress,..
leaf edges curling upwards and yellowing tips with that the praying leaves are also a sign of light stress in this case,.

Pinkharpie18

Pinkharpie18

not saying it’s your issue for your concern but raise your light 10 inches if you can,.. you can see the beginning of light stress,..
leaf edges curling upwards and yellowing tips with that the praying leaves are also a sign of light stress in this case,.
Yeah I probably need to try and raise it up a bit more. Trying to read them is difficult with my lack of experience.

Top Bottom