Variety’s Elite clone growing adventures!

• Thread starter Trustfall
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Nice work ! Hell yeah I want it just from the pics! Lol nice and frosty bet she would make special rosin!?
Yes I think it’s going to do very well. I will definitely get some pressed out and see. The jbeezy wedding cake does well for me the best I got was 16 grams of weed and got a hair over 3.75 grams!

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I would be curious to find out the final weight. I am really having a hard time finding anything that will be some decent legit weight.
See how it turns out and if I like it maybe do a 4x4. The best high quality strain I’ve done is donkey butter at 5.75 lbs on a 4x8 with 2200watts. I run constant airflow with tube co2(big waste but it workS).

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Dude that is so much weeed. Guys like you and budgoodman make me so jealous . How do you get to the back to give them such a nice coiffure? Looks like you need to be elastagirl.

Anthem

Anthem

See how it turns out and if I like it maybe do a 4x4. The best high quality strain I’ve done is donkey butter at 5.75 lbs on a 4x8 with 2200watts. I run constant airflow with tube co2(big waste but it workS).
5 3/4 in a 9 x 5 area is my best. With 1300 watts of LED and Co2. In soil of all things

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Super nice man. I'm with ya, something awesome about running known deadly cuts. Also, something awesome about wedding cake genetics lol.
Riding off the back of another mans work! 😅 I’ve only been doing seeds a couple years and you have to really hunt, takes time and money and a lot of bullshit pheno’s as you know. That’s why when cuts come along I grab em even if I only grow it once. Feather in the cap lol

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
How did I miss this thread!! Fucking amazing man foreal! I got my first elite going right now and can’t wait to see her in full bloom in a few weeks.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Dude that is so much weeed. Guys like you and budgoodman make me so jealous . How do you get to the back to give them such a nice coiffure? Looks like you need to be elastagirl.
I’m trying to understand what your saying here lol
Had to look up that fancy word coiffure😅
I can get to three sides of both 4x8 trays in this room(the trellis soon is closer to 5x10) so elastagirl not needed. Still a bit of a pain early flower removing branches that are not going to make it into the canopy and when I start pulling the fans from the bottom and work my way up that’s no fun either. But the other room same amount of light and I can only get to 1 side of each 4x8😭 I’ll document that room too got lots of first time cuts in there and just flipped it.
The coiffure is because of some of my inputs but have to chalk most of that up to the genetics of certain strains. Not al look that good and looks ain’t everything😉 but looks is what sells. People don’t like to listen to me when I tell them how good something is, they just point to the prettiest one and say I want that one like my 4 year old son does. 🙂

F80DFAF6 E990 4E7E A426 9CC72483DB32
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Okie Dokie looks insane😍😍
I’m flabbergasted to be honest. I wasn’t even going to take this cut. A buddy I’ve hooked up a few times in the past, (I’ve never asked for anything back just try to help others) he hit me up and told me I had to try this okie doke wc. I was like oh ok. Another wedding cake. He sent some sun grown buds of it from loompa’s Oklahoma farm and I have to put that in my top three sun grown buds of all time that I’ve smoked personally.
The meat in the bud for outdoor was very impressive, a lot of outdoor just leafy af.
Karma just coming back around. Never thought dude would be sending me something this banging dank! 🙏🏻🙌🏻
Also, he sent me seeds from
The lot that this pheno was found in. The only info I could get though is a male mint cookies was used. Going man hunting soon😁

How did I miss this thread!! Fucking amazing man foreal! I got my first elite going right now and can’t wait to see her in full bloom in a few weeks.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
😉 but looks is what sells. People don’t like to listen to me when I tell them how good something is, they just point to the prettiest one and say I want that one like my 4 year old son does. 🙂
I wish this weren't so true.
Pretty strains are great, but I really care about the experience, the aroma and flavor profile, the buzz effect and duration.. sad to see the market acting so shallow.
And let's be real, most of the super sexy cuts, are just ok smoke.

If you put my wedding crasher (which is actually really great smoke besides looking great) next to a good cut of bubba kush in sealed bags, I'd bet 10/10 people would pick the wedding crasher. But the old Bubba blows it away in terms of smoking enjoyment and that heavy sedative buzz it gives. But it's honestly not a very bag appealing strain compared to some of the modern jewelry strains.

Anthem

Anthem

I wish this weren't so true.
Pretty strains are great, but I really care about the experience, the aroma and flavor profile, the buzz effect and duration.. sad to see the market acting so shallow.
And let's be real, most of the super sexy cuts, are just ok smoke.

If you put my wedding crasher (which is actually really great smoke besides looking great) next to a good cut of bubba kush in sealed bags, I'd bet 10/10 people would pick the wedding crasher. But the old Bubba blows it away in terms of smoking enjoyment and that heavy sedative buzz it gives. But it's honestly not a very bag appealing strain compared to some of the modern jewelry strains.
If is not Frosty and Purple

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If is not Frosty and Purple
At some point people started focusing their breeding efforts on producing high thc cover girls who's pictures and stats would sell seeds.

The true appreciation for a lot of the more important characteristics got left behind.
In terms of breeding, this trend does at least seem to be coming back around though and I'm definitely seeing better examples of pretty weed lately. But I would really like to see breeders start focusing more on producing super loud and exotic terp profiles regardless of how photogenic it is. To me that's the most appealing aspect of Cannabis, bottom line. How good does it stink, and how good does it taste.

Top Bottom