Variety’s Elite clone growing adventures!

• Thread starter Trustfall
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I'd like to see a breeding trend towards bringing out the minor cannabinoids too, not just THC THC THC all day long.

The only way I can get minors to come out in any meaningful way in most current genetics is to stand on my head and juggle with different lighting, stress, length of flower, stuff like that. People think the minors are irrelevant because they do not get you high, but they act on the same receptors and definitely steer the buzz. Complexity is awesome even if it looks like ragweed IMO.

That's not to say I wouldn't like a little THC now and then 🤪

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'd like to see a breeding trend towards bringing out the minor cannabinoids too, not just THC THC THC all day long.

The only way I can get minors to come out in any meaningful way in most current genetics is to stand on my head and juggle with different lighting, stress, length of flower, stuff like that. People think the minors are irrelevant because they do not get you high, but they act on the same receptors and definitely steer the buzz. Complexity is awesome even if it looks like ragweed IMO.

That's not to say I wouldn't like a little THC now and then 🤪
Agreed, it makes me think of the old red Lebenese hash that had really, really low THC levels but high CBD and who knows what other cannabinoids, it still got you super baked. Clearly the entourage effect on the cannabinoid system is a real thing.

A

amp244

In terms of breeding, this trend does at least seem to be coming back around though and I'm definitely seeing better examples of pretty weed lately. But I would really like to see breeders start focusing more on producing super loud and exotic terp profiles regardless of how photogenic it is. To me that's the most appealing aspect of Cannabis, bottom line. How good does it stink, and how good does it taste.
I hear ya. All the Punch/MAC/Tangy-terp frost-show plants just don't get me off. I had a cut of mimosa that stank like tangy-cheesy heaven and had the tangy taste, but you could smoke a ton of it and barely catch a buzz. MAC1, Blueberry Muffins, Banana/cherry/punch, pineapple upside down cake, etc....They look great. They finish quickly. You smoke a ton, you catch no buzz.

For me, I look for a balance of qualities, but I'd say my primary are smell/potency/yeild

I would put bag appeal just below those 3.

After that would be taste, ease of pruning, ease of trimming, color and consistency of concentrate, veg speed, plant structure, nug structure, how much does it stretch in early flower, stem strength, node spacing, etc.

I don't mind long flower times, generally those are associated with the type of weed I like; potent gassy heavy yeilders.

The GMO checks every single box for me, except for taste.

I've got 7 phenos of Aj Sour Diesel x GMO that all stink in a different way that I plan on taking to the f2 this summer. I'm gonna reverse my top 3, and cross them each into the entire progeny. I'll pop 10 from each cross and hope to find some super-loud, heavy yeilding, kick your ass strains!

A

amp244

Agreed, it makes me think of the old red Lebenese hash that had really, really low THC levels but high CBD and who knows what other cannabinoids, it still got you super baked. Clearly the entourage effect on the cannabinoid system is a real thing.
Ive noticed the entourage effect difference in edibles that are made with distillate vs edibles that are made with full spectrum oil. The full spectrum is far superior in its potency.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I hear ya. All the Punch/MAC/Tangy-terp frost-show plants just don't get me off. I had a cut of mimosa that stank like tangy-cheesy heaven and had the tangy taste, but you could smoke a ton of it and barely catch a buzz. MAC1, Blueberry Muffins, Banana/cherry/punch, pineapple upside down cake, etc....They look great. They finish quickly. You smoke a ton, you catch no buzz.

For me, I look for a balance of qualities, but I'd say my primary are smell/potency/yeild

I would put bag appeal just below those 3.

After that would be taste, ease of pruning, ease of trimming, color and consistency of concentrate, veg speed, plant structure, nug structure, how much does it stretch in early flower, stem strength, node spacing, etc.

I don't mind long flower times, generally those are associated with the type of weed I like; potent gassy heavy yeilders.

The GMO checks every single box for me, except for taste.

I've got 7 phenos of Aj Sour Diesel x GMO that all stink in a different way that I plan on taking to the f2 this summer. I'm gonna reverse my top 3, and cross them each into the entire progeny. I'll pop 10 from each cross and hope to find some super-loud, heavy yeilding, kick your ass strains!
Feel the same. I had the opportunity to smoke some MAC1 recently and after all I've heard about it I expected a LOT more. It was just weed, nothing special. But looked amazing. Same with GG4 and GSC, so much hype, such pretty flowers, average smoke and effect.
I'd give my left nut to get my hands on some of the old school cuts of blueberry or Flo, shishkaberry, purple or bubba kush, Hashplant, skunk 1, UK cheese etc.. and I mean the real ones. I smoked what was allegedly UK cheese recently and it wasn't even a little cheesy. Disappointing.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ive noticed the entourage effect difference in edibles that are made with distillate vs edibles that are made with full spectrum oil. The full spectrum is far superior in its potency.
Absofuckinloutely. Dispensary edibles barely do shit to me, even the higher dose ones. And they're all made with distillate. My homemade full spectrum extract edibles give you the real deal stone that I want. Night and day difference.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Look what brought you guys into the thread though😘 it’s in us all.
Here’s how I scale things with the 5 elements if you will. You could do each element on a scale from 1 to 10.
1. high
2. Terpene production
3. Finish time
4. Yield
5. Eye appeal
Majority of the strains circulating have a high percentage of only 2 of the elements above. When we find something with 3 like most of the elites out there today they are special. IMO 4 of the elements very rare above the 50% mark in each element. And a E5 well that’s the finger of god!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Look what brought you guys into the thread though😘 it’s in us all.
Here’s how I scale things with the 5 elements if you will. You could do each element on a scale from 1 to 10.
1. high
2. Terpene production
3. Finish time
4. Yield
5. Eye appeal
Majority of the strains circulating have a high percentage of only 2 of the elements above. When we find something with 3 like most of the elites out there today they are special. IMO 4 of the elements very rare above the 50% mark in each element. And a E5 well that’s the finger of god!
Absolutely, I'd personally swap #1 and 2 but agree it's rare to get the whole package.

This might sound weird but with the exception of edibles I don't really feel the effects of cannabis that much anymore from years of overconsumption. What I care most about is smell and flavor.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Absolutely, I'd personally swap #1 and 2 but agree it's rare to get the whole package.

This might sound weird but with the exception of edibles I don't really feel the effects of cannabis that much anymore from years of overconsumption. What I care most about is smell and flavor.
What are you smoking Apple fritter🤣 all the heavy indica leaners(90%+ of “elites”) kinda just make me 🥱. Like cool bro but I need to feel like I’m wearing a hoola hoop on my head, these are my fav’s.Indica is like sex with a condom on🤣 I can’t feel shit!

Last edited:
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Ogkb 2.0
The Durban poison flavor is strong with this one. Nice elevating high with good body. This usually gets smoked sometime after lunch but before dinner. The knock though is it can rot/mold pretty easily. Same thing happen when I use to grow Durban poison. When it’s faint no one really knows but it bothers my lungs so I know right away lol

A6A3790E 307F 4432 97F9 9947E97608F6
148CF992 9521 4323 B778 73A242D1A670
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Ogkb 2.0
The Durban poison flavor is strong with this one. Nice elevating high with good body. This usually gets smoked sometime after lunch but before dinner. The knock though is it can rot/mold pretty easily. Same thing happen when I use to grow Durban poison. When it’s faint no one really knows but it bothers my lungs so I know right away lol
This one starts turning purple the later you let it go rootbound so I know you wouldn’t really love it lol

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
The real sour or whatever you want to call it. Always tough photographing these but that calx formation is so sour. Not as loud on the terps compared to a ibl I use to have but I’m not going to judge that until it’s in the jar a few weeks.

B8F77FBD 0821 4020 B67D F63DACBE0F67
699D4569 E97C 440A 8FF3 2AF64E90FAE0
FC87CFC5 2D73 4162 B9BF 0ED72E65FDB4
456B5B5C BE41 4065 9440 037119BA9483
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Apple fritters… smell is remarkable when she’s on point, no doubt. I’m surprised no one has tried to add more sour to this with maybe a karma genetics sound plant for a boost in high.

A1EA112E BDD0 4D8F 8242 BF449C66C0FE
211E702C EFDB 4E95 BB33 1F17746D047C
Top Bottom