Variety’s seed selecting and pollination thread

• Thread starter Trustfall
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
You can do the 2x4 depending on your goals. Were I in your shoes, I would be looking towards preservation of the genetics pure, to go back and play with when I really have the time and space.
In a 2x4 you can keep the plants really root bound and top a couple times to keep them manageable, just to get a solid batch of fresh viable seeds. I often do 6 plants comfortably in a 2x4 in gallon pots of even the most unruly lines if all I am wanting are seeds. Its easy to segregate from the rest of the garden as well as clean, and the pollen stays sooooo dense in the 2x4. I would 100% harvest pollen to hit all those sweet cuts in your other thread. Be taking that bandaid haze 1D had back to its roots.
Something bud and I learned recently is a vegging plant with pistols will seed. (TBD though if they are vial) I sent a clone that had been with revegging males and had a couple of pistols and I’ll be damned they made full ripe seeds lol.
Anyway so the Oaxaca went back in the tent like I said and I had male branches drying I. There. When I snipped a male branch with the fans on the pollen pretty much went everywhere lol. So will see in a couple of days if those pistols pull back. Pollinated the original og and my triangle grape cake #8 last night as well. Will get the triangle kush and original diesel next round. I plan on starting a bandaid haze #7 soon as well so I’ll make sure to have enough for her. If the repro berms take I will be willing to share.
Maybe I’ll hunt down some more sativa leaning polys as well for pollination.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Something bud and I learned recently is a vegging plant with pistols will seed. (TBD though if they are vial) I sent a clone that had been with revegging males and had a couple of pistols and I’ll be damned they made full ripe seeds lol.
Anyway so the Oaxaca went back in the tent like I said and I had male branches drying I. There. When I snipped a male branch with the fans on the pollen pretty much went everywhere lol. So will see in a couple of days if those pistols pull back. Pollinated the original og and my triangle grape cake #8 last night as well. Will get the triangle kush and original diesel next round. I plan on starting a bandaid haze #7 soon as well so I’ll make sure to have enough for her. If the repro berms take I will be willing to share.
I have no doubt these are viable.
IMG 20220107 1130064482
IMG 20220107 1133021292

😁💚🌱

P

Pike

Had it happen here as well V, had a male i used, wanted to keep so stuck him in veg tent to chill till I could repot and reveg. Had another plant I was revegging from flower and it got pollinated, grew the seed and have two clones from that accidentaI Polly I keep. Even did another hybrid cross with the two females.

MJ plant is pretty versatil, I grew those two cuts out, harvested, revegged, made a batch of seed on both, harvested seed, revegged for cuts, and tossed.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Had it happen here as well V, had a male i used, wanted to keep so stuck him in veg tent to chill till I could repot and reveg. Had another plant I was revegging from flower and it got pollinated, grew the seed and have two clones from that accidentaI Polly I keep. Even did another hybrid cross with the two females.

MJ plant is pretty versatil, I grew those two cuts out, harvested, revegged, made a batch of seed on both, harvested seed, revegged for cuts, and tossed.
The seeds bud found were from a normal veg plant (not revvegged) just a couple of pistols must have popped out at the right time lol. I always assumed you needed to be on a flower schedule to get the seeds to ripen but I was wrong.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Not sure what’s up but when I upload to Instagram the videos are much better quality..🙂 sorry if it ain’t clear lol

Anthem

Anthem

Day 24 on the original diesel x grape cream cake f2.
This one I’m taking very seriously. The frost is beginning to build.❄️☃️🌨

Purple punch x Indiana bubblegum x c99
Smells like grape bubblegum, when it was growing I thought the punch was stronger but the ibg took over. Need all gas male now to bring the heat. Be a few weeks before I try it.
Nice looking stuff !!!!!!!!!!

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
View attachment 1221849View attachment 1221849 ODxGCC day 21
ODxC99
2-Coffee Kush’s
Hawaiian Lights-the bum of the bunch
4 of the 5 Stacking nicely!!
Oh ya! Looks like the stretch is done now it’s time to swell! The od x gcc is going to start frosting up now, I’m slightly ahead of you and she is packing it on!
Show is the coffee kushes as far as smell goes?
The Hawaiian lights looks like it may have had some issues, always got to be one plant struggling behind. Same happens to me lol

ChinGreasy

ChinGreasy

The Coffee Kush (my name)
Coffee skunk (Afghani x Mexican) X Pine tar kush (Pakistani landrace)
The best way to describe the smell is funk (not in a good way, dirty socks maybe🤣) but they are swelling now.
The Hawaiian lights had some early humidity issues in another tent. Pulled her out, doctoring and relocated.
Very finicky, so I can’t judge it off of one grow.
The ODxGCC & ODxC99 are the clear winners!!!
Crazy new growth day after day and
took good to training in veg!!!

E

eddiethegolfer

Stay tuned brother a lot more coming, could not be happier about how these are turning out!🙂
And another dB x c99 this one wasn’t looking as good as it is now but is the one with the most pineapple smell at this point. So now I have 4 of six that I really like, and those are really good numbers for people who like to grow seeds.View attachment 1113102View attachment 1113103View attachment 1113104View attachment 1113105View attachment 1113106
how do I get 3-5 seeds?

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

I don’t want to bore you with lame excuses lol, can I make it up to you?
Its all good I had to revamp and downsize due to renovations so they would've just been sitting in the vault. When I get done everything I will probably be in touch I see the 🔥 you have going.

Top Bottom