Variety’s seed selecting and pollination thread

• Thread starter Trustfall
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Rolling up the swag🤣 doesn’t look the part but man after that grind smells so good. Png x Kashmir such easy weed to roll up. Clean burn on this kind of week clear high 🚀 at 80 days
Only 1 of you picked up on the od x png x kashmir freebies 😅 and it’s not gonna be the prettiest but should be a ride!

0826AACB 6BDA 4B47 A9DA 1A744038BBE6
F027E18F 5088 4BA5 ADF4 B7108C8ABCF8
FD92D3DF 8231 40B0 BE9E B1CEFEC7725D
BD984328 E79C 426C B129 1893002BE119
Last edited:
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Here’s that Donkey Butter x C99
3 weeks tomorrow
Excellent terps so far, only thing i have of a similar profile is the Sour D
Man I was just peeking at the first page of this thread yesterday and hot damn the db x c99’s killed it. First page last pic was my favorite, sweet greasy pine 🌲.
just did a quality check on the c99 crosses since it’s been a couple years now, still getting just fine. 24 hours in the cup.

6160C8E7 EAF2 4715 B474 2D27BE187841
GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Man I was just peeking at the first page of this thread yesterday and hot damn the db x c99’s killed it. First page last pic was my favorite, sweet greasy pine 🌲.
just did a quality check on the c99 crosses since it’s been a couple years now, still getting just fine. 24 hours in the cup.
I’m loving it bro just stem rubs gives a good nose burn, very acrid, I’m most excited for it but it’s the only unknown lol. Looking like it’s gonna put weight down for sure. She stayed nice and stocky through veg but has stretched quite a bit through 3 weeks of flower. Bud sites on bud sites.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I’m loving it bro just stem rubs gives a good nose burn, very acrid, I’m most excited for it but it’s the only unknown lol. Looking like it’s gonna put weight down for sure. She stayed nice and stocky through veg but has stretched quite a bit through 3 weeks of flower. Bud sites on bud sites.
Hehehe ya I love the unknown as well 😄that girl should pack on nice weight for you think mosh said he was happy with the strength of the plants. That c99 male was a beast of a plant. I’ll see if I have any pics of him as it was a one pollination and done,tossed him.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m making another attempt at seeding a branch or two - catching pollen on the plate and swabbed in on with a q-tip in week 3 of 10 week strain ghetto? Maybe but hope she works out.
Question is the best/correct way to collect pollen ?

in case ur wondering it’s a special release from karma genetics zowahh

A0FDEF96 C34B 4826 BA50 79628518AB3A
49F43BE1 6E3B 4C18 A475 95632FDF12DC
A9DDF1E0 4AA2 47E1 98A2 4DDA1E20E554
A0303559 93B2 40D3 AD77 377C6FA61DCA
LibertyBadger

LibertyBadger

I’m making another attempt at seeding a branch or two - catching pollen on the plate and swabbed in on with a q-tip in week 3 of 10 week strain ghetto? Maybe but hope she works out.

I like to cut a portion of the male branch and put it in a gallon size ziplock, then place the ziplock around the branch I want to pollinate. Shake and bake! You can remove the bag and spray the branch down with water, to neutralize the pollen left on it, after a few hours.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter

I like the paper plate idea lol. Zowahh I take is a sowah cross?
Another way I saw is to cut the sacks right before they open and dry them on one of those trim trays with the screen on it then break them up and collect the pollen underneath.
and yes I’ve been pollinating about day 21 then again in 5-6 days if I can.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Another way I saw is to cut the sacks right before they open and dry them on one of those trim trays with the screen on it then break them up and collect the pollen underneath.
Another great idea I just got a brand new trim bin thi k I’ll try both methods

Moshmen

Moshmen

Limited release zkittles x sour d- hopefully I find something good in there ? Lol

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter

My guess is that if that's as far along as it is; and has been even remotely around some plants in there; or if your ventilation isn't highly filtered; your going to have some seeds floating around already. However you collect it; I think trying to dose it underneath the canopy along the bottoms is the way to go.... Allow the tops to develop normally; and pollinate early as possible... During the first week of pistol development.

I've been cutting off 6 or 8 inch of top branch; then rubbing them onto the females'. 😂 The old fashioned way. I suppose Q-tips could isolate things better.

That way when you develop more budding on the top side during flowering; you've already got stuff cooking underneath; and should still get a nice thick harvest above; as your stacked nodes continue to develop into wk 3->4. I've done this a few times with some success; but certainly haven't perfected the technique. I've come close a few times. Nice big fat seeds below; and relatively normal sized seed free cannabis above.

Best of both worlds.

Last edited:
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Another great idea I just got a brand new trim bin thi k I’ll try both methods
Just don’t be a dumbass like I’ve been lol. Got cocky after the gcc pollination where I would bring the plants into the tent with the male , knock him around a bit and let the dust fly. I’m like oh this is easy. Seemed I had to really beat that male to get the pollen to fly. So when I did the wc project I assumed I had to do the same thing (beat the crap out of him lol) and I did but these males were putting off so much pollen and it didn’t click in my head. Ended up with about 2 ounces of seed per half lb. of weed🤣 in my room that wasn’t suppose to be pollinated. Big loss but lucky I could even get rid of it.
There was so much pollen in th d tent too to bottom took me well over 20 wipe downs to get that crap out of the tent. And I was so allergic to that shit sneezing asthma itching nah gawd it was bad.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
stunning.....definitely looks like a winner
It’s a great combo of tasty terps and a great midday high if you still want to get some stuff done. Stronger then the sk1 but not as hard core as the gg4 high. A great balance. Going to test the tootsie x wedding cake bx1’s next round. Could be a real treat and I hope to find a tootsie terp plant with that vanilla icing flavor from the wedding cake 😋

Moshmen

Moshmen

Just don’t be a dumbass like I’ve been lol. Got cocky after the gcc pollination where I would bring the plants into the tent with the male , knock him around a bit and let the dust fly. I’m like oh this is easy. Seemed I had to really beat that male to get the pollen to fly. So when I did the wc project I assumed I had to do the same thing (beat the crap out of him lol) and I did but these males were putting off so much pollen and it didn’t click in my head. Ended up with about 2 ounces of seed per half lb. of weed🤣 in my room that wasn’t suppose to be pollinated. Big loss but lucky I could even get rid of it.
There was so much pollen in th d tent too to bottom took me well over 20 wipe downs to get that crap out of the tent. And I was so allergic to that shit sneezing asthma itching nah gawd it was bad.
Been there done that 🤪 tryin real hard not to do it again

Top Bottom