Variety’s seed selecting and pollination thread

• Thread starter Trustfall
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pike

Hey V, I use a piece of glass to collect on, old storm window. Set next to male, bend the male over the glass like your super cropping. Let the pollen fall on glass and collect.

when doing branches in a flower spot, I pull the females to pollinate. Pollen container on the floor, no blowers going, pollinate as much of the bottom as ya want. Let um sit for a hr, then rinse um real good with phed water, put back in flower spot.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Hey V, I use a piece of glass to collect on, old storm window. Set next to male, bend the male over the glass like your super cropping. Let the pollen fall on glass and collect.

when doing branches in a flower spot, I pull the females to pollinate. Pollen container on the floor, no blowers going, pollinate as much of the bottom as ya want. Let um sit for a hr, then rinse um real good with phed water, put back in flower spot.
That’s the other thing I’ve done but on parchement paper. A piece of glass or a mirrror would be much better though.
Is
It just me or do some strains have pollen that seems to float off more? Could also have to do with my humidity as sometimes it’s high and sometimes it’s way low.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Oaxaca project is over for now. Here is the male that turned into female. I threw it in the veg room so these seeds could ripen. The weird thing is once it started going female no other male parts showed up🤔 seeds are plump af though lol.
and the female turned to crap in the tent just too cold for her. Buds would not swell or maybe I was too impatient. No thc but the parts that pollinated the seed wraps had thc all over it.

064D2274 392A 4B4A B363 A4B79FB312AB
F8C8C158 42A5 4DB7 A6AE 82EC6E897049
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Was it your idea to marry diesel and c99 ? Classy 🏆
Can only take half the credit for that. I always been a clone guy actually only ever bought seeds one time from meduser in 05 lol.
a member at the cabana cabana hit me up one day offering free seeds of c99 and c99 x nl. Having no one ever offering me anything for free I said absolutely. Deceit to grow em out and loved the mix of terps that came in them. And the highs were up. So I popped the other half a pack and had one male and the rest is history lol.
I do still think the od x c99 is the best cross for smoking a early to mid day smoke. The cross is certainly heavier then c99 alone but it’s very nice for getting high and not stoned.
Terps range from pine to pine apple but you also will notice the od in there as well.
to wrap it up the od x c99 has the best high(just my opinion) donkey butter x c99 is certainly the prettiest and the odx x c99 has terps for days adding citrus to the pine and pineapple. Also the skunk1 x c99 came in well too with the sweet lime mixing with the pine and pine apple the buds look are less appealing then the other three. The Indiana bubblegum was the last one and the phenos were kind of all over the place in the few I germ but I found a bubblegum leaning male right off the bat and is how I made the lemon tree x ibg x c99. And that has the loudest complex terps of anything I’ve made so far but you got to like short growing plants to dig her. But I had 8 phenos and the other 7 sucked. F2 testers almost done hoping to have more of tasty phenos.
I still need to get to the lemon tree x original diesel x c99, could be a serious gem found Olin those.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey trustfall ,that sounds so crazy to a guy like me ... That you never bought seeds , crap I spent a fortune on seeds , but I guess I might have started this hobby a bit before you , there weren't many sources for clones back in the early days and growers were respecting breeders like rock stars , waiting on every new release ....
But you know that story ,
I think , no I'm pretty sure all my first seed purchases were from the Dutch breeders , took a seed mission over to Amsterdam just to get the sensi , Sagarmatha , serious seeds ,
Barnys , greenhouse etc etc ....

It was years of that ... Then I got into the seed bay off international cannagraphics and overgrow
Eventually trading clones , but damn I spent a fortune , I mean it was always a big dozen seed event , like skunk 1 or sensi superskunk ...

I think I got brothers Grimm seed c99 but also had the good cuts back then , grew a lot when I first realized that sativa was actually a different animal , did the best those days but some of the longer like Neviils ,super silver ,and mr nice gear were challenging ...

Loved the sour diesel high , still do , absoiultely in a class of its own , anyone who disagrees just hasn't tried the right one , but I also really enjoy a good haze , sour cross , that's why I started messing with the moonshine / sour diesel crosses that I made ....

Still love em each on their own but there's some sweet dimension to a good cross , haven't tried a c99 / sour but I can tell just by looking at your pics that it's right

I'm getting that " squeeze a vision " from those buds , when they're cured just right and have that volume that allows you to give a spongy squeeze and release the aroma , and pineapple especially c99 pineapple , that's one of my favorites .....

Lucky you got a bunch of free seeds 😂

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

I also did a shitload of work with bubblegum , one of my early favorites , I think it was serious seed stock that got me going on that , and back in the early days bubblegum was king as far as something new and flavorful , the bazooka joe ,nothing like that at the time it was a game changer
I still feel like it's the granddaddy of a lot of the sweet varieties out now and people don't even realize it

Top Bottom