veg+bloom, 1 part powder in socal tap

• Thread starter ill eagle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

All9

I'm about to be testing an injectable mix by them, I'll let you know how it goes. It's already being used by some of the best out there so I'm pretty excited

Both! The injectable is new, not sure if it's marketed yet.

We Solidarity

How have you been liking the DOS so far? I am waiting on a test batch to come in this week. What medium and method of feeding are you using? I am running dtw in coco.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

How have you been liking the DOS so far? I am waiting on a test batch to come in this week. What medium and method of feeding are you using? I am running dtw in coco.

I actually never ordered it- I've been so busy getting ready for the cup that I wanted to hold off until I would have proper time to get my team up to speed on it. I was going to use brick coco feeding 2-3x/ day with runoff, knowing the veg+bloom crew this is going to be the best fertilizer out there once it gets released- they've been tweaking and perfecting it for a while now. Hoping to get to see it in action when I'm in Cali next week!

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

The + Life comes with a desiccant pack. I thought of doing the same with V+B, just opted for the bucket and lid.
What size did the desiccant pack come in the +Life?
I only order the 1# of +Life and never seen that in it. Which is fine because it has stayed a perfect powder.
The HD on the other hand, clumps up sometimes.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

What size did the desiccant pack come in the +Life?
I only order the 1# of +Life and never seen that in it. Which is fine because it has stayed a perfect powder.
The HD on the other hand, clumps up sometimes.
Pretty sure it was a lb of Life that I got with a desiccant pack. My last order of HD didn't stay in it's bag long enough for it to clump up on me. I broke it down into smaller ziplocs and evacuated all the air out of them. I literally have all my nutes weighed out and ready to go for the rest of the run that I am on right now. About to do the same for another room. Makes things so much easier.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Pretty sure it was a lb of Life that I got with a desiccant pack. My last order of HD didn't stay in it's bag long enough for it to clump up on me. I broke it down into smaller ziplocs and evacuated all the air out of them. I literally have all my nutes weighed out and ready to go for the rest of the run that I am on right now. About to do the same for another room. Makes things so much easier.
Genius! That's a awesome idea.
Much easier to keep track of everything.

F

Fourtay

@smokey, do you know if HR plans on bringing out a HD for soft water? I like the punch of HD, but I don't have 1 EC starting water.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

@smokey, do you know if HR plans on bringing out a HD for soft water? I like the punch of HD, but I don't have 1 EC starting water.
No. The HD is a close mix of the Tap/Hard and Dirty.
If you add cal mag to your water it should bring your ec up so you can use the HD.
You also mentioned a 1 EC. Make sure that's 0.1 ec starting water.

F

Fourtay

Would Calmag+ Work? Ive spoken to Chris @ HR, he suggested adding CaCO3 to add some buffer to the starting water. Ive spoken with another grower, he adds 100ppm of CaCO3 to starting water

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Would Calmag+ Work? Ive spoken to Chris @ HR, he suggested adding CaCO3 to add some buffer to the starting water. Ive spoken with another grower, he adds 100ppm of CaCO3 to starting water

From what I understand caco3 is lime. Did he mean calcium chloride?

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

That is a good way to go.

Do you think this would work as a source of caco3

My tap water is 0.1ec and even with 0.2ec calmag added I was seeing some cal deficiencies and a bit of lockout my last round. Since the vb is designed to use with tap water I think that means it's dependent upon the carbonate content of the source water for it to work its best.

S

StickyStumps

I've been working with this line for years, done the tap, done the ro, rocked the dirty, ran the HD. They all work and produce solid quality. I've got half of my shit in coco right now and the other in rockwool, everything on HD, and plants are picture perfect. My feed is .2 tap water, 5g/gal HD, recirculated, back to Rez and drop EC a few points with ro water on the next feed, back and forth, rinse repeat, done. I probably save 30% on my water and the same with the nutrient. After a while it's simple and stress free. View attachment 586762
Made a believer outa me!! Just got my dirty, shine, +life and started my moby dick clones on from the rip! I'm finishing up flower of an OG Kush strain, I believe using Fox farms line (first indoor run, amare lighting) next run is a heavy 16 no till up against V +B line both wicking soil systems. Good show most exciting thread I've read yet. Thanks to all

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Made a believer outa me!! Just got my dirty, shine, +life and started my moby dick clones on from the rip! I'm finishing up flower of an OG Kush strain, I believe using Fox farms line (first indoor run, amare lighting) next run is a heavy 16 no till up against V +B line both wicking soil systems. Good show most exciting thread I've read yet. Thanks to all
Please please do test and document. I based my setup on what I saw @Deacon do , but have only used samplers of H16. His results are amazing , mine not there yet. Curious to see.... V+B and H16 both seem top shelf to me ...

J

joshbot

Hi there,
New user here doing my first grow of 3x pineapple express and 2x afgooey using RO V+B, Size additive, and Hydroguard under 2x 300 watt Galaxy Hydro LED lights. I recently added a few 60 watt CFL's to the mix.
The PE's are in DWC bubbleponics and were vegged from clones for 3 weeks then flipped to 12/12.
The Afgooey clones were put into 2 liter hempy buckets and added to the tent at the start of 12/12.

I ran just V+B RO @ 300 ppm/500 ppm/700 ppm for weeks 1/2/3 respectively, then 900 ppm week one of 12/12 then 1200 ppm (with +Size) the 2nd and 3rd week.

I'm in week four and the plants show no deficiencies and are stretching budding up quite nicely. They've been showing Tricombs for the last 4-5 days.

I'd say the plants drink ~ gallon per day. I replenish levels every 2 days.
I siphon out 99% of the res every 10 days and replace.
I'll be switching to pure RO water only after I see a few ambers and flush for a week or so.

I don't have any experience with any other nutrients mixtures, but have had no issues with V+B and would recommend.
I'll post results and pics for reference after the grow.

Top Bottom