Veg+bloom Switch, What Should I Expect?

• Thread starter 3 balls
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Im not questioning your results, its just that your ppm/ ec levels are way higher than on the hr feed schedule. pretty sure ive been underfeeding...(light brown leaf tips) and lost first fan leaves...( looked like phospherous defficiency...) in not too fussed about them as I train them. I've upped to 1.5 ec...4th week in veg, they seem to have perked up....Im wondering about recirculation pump off for periods of time. That's how I did it 20 years ago..or is it pump on 24/7 these days?
I don't aerate and I only recirc for 30 min when mixing and 10 minutes before I water.
I don't mix more than 3 days worth

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
do you find the ppm is high for some plants ever? last round one table of gg4 i ran had the buds lock up and my yield for them was pretty brutal. dansbud's thread on ICMAG suggested no more than 1.4 past day 28, day 35 at most. I don't take that as the absolute truth obviously, his thread was just full of great veg+bloom information. i'm going to run this recipe this round, just wondering if you had any tips!
Yes I'd say 7 was great in a commercial atmosphere under high co2 and I have dialed down to as low as 5-5.5g of base in a naturally aspirated room with great results

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

And I always use rinsed coco.char coir is my first choice.
Sup Thunder, I got a lot of value from your input on vegbloom so much appreciated bud. Also will be looking for beans FYI!

Have you ever ran their stackswell at all? I am in rockwool and wondering how it should be tapered off in flower, or whatever calmag/nitrate product for that matter. Does it get replaced by Shine or are they used in conjunction? I am under LEDs and it seems the cal and mag demand is high under the massive blue (gavita 1700e). I was roughly using your recipe because it's almost identical to what Chris mentions in a few podcasts back in 2019. However, I noticed some wild PH rises when using Life. Do you use it as part of every feed or was it used periodically?

I really liked the Life but ended up going sterile cuz I couldn't control the ph, not sure if I was using too much or too often. But would love to keep it in somehow. Was also at 0.2g/gal~

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Yes I'd say 7 was great in a commercial atmosphere under high co2 and I have dialed down to as low as 5-5.5g of base in a naturally aspirated room with great results
Glad you said this, I've had to decrease the base a lot. I am not using Co2

Lp_jr

Lp_jr

I used to use the Veg + products along with calimagic, Mills Vitalize, Photosythesis plus, etc, etc. I've simplified and just use Veg + base, push foliar, life and add shine in flower. Much better results without all the tip burn and other issues I used to have.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

I used to use the Veg + products along with calimagic, Mills Vitalize, Photosythesis plus, etc, etc. I've simplified and just use Veg + base, push foliar, life and add shine in flower. Much better results without all the tip burn and other issues I used to have.
nice, ya my mix is also fairly simple. almost identical actually, no other additives. What medium r u in?

Flyingkushman

Flyingkushman

5-5.5 grams of base in soil ? I have some big plants outdoors in 10 gallon smart pots and I’ve been using 5 grams a gallon of base. I do see some red color appearing on stems, wondering if I should bump it up a little. They are around week 2 into flower

Top Bottom