Vegging In Uc Not Going As Expected Or Is It? Ac Low Humidity

• Thread starter highland420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
highland420

highland420

Girls are 11 days in veg. Clones in oasis cubes.
Room 20x20x10
24 13xl buckets, 7k air cooled checkered 8k 15k total, 5 ton AC set at 78, water chilled to 67
190 - 200ppm- Ca-Mag +Veg A and B
5.8 to 6.4 pH. HUMIDITY 40-50%
Partial drain 1/4 and refilling, pH up to 6.5 with UC Roots added, with reservoir feeding in with 5.4 & 120ppm to reduce pH as it tops up.
PROBLEM: Upper Leaves are curled, feel dry, and lowers are going yellow and brown. Roots really starting popping last 72hrs and a small amount of foliage growth. Partner says shut it down. I'm not convinced.

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

stick with it , once you get them roots in the water thing should start taking off !

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

I think your on track with humidity being the problem. All your other numbers look good. How far above plants are your lights? That's another thing I've noticed is high intensity light while trying to adapt to a new home can be touchy.

DapperDon

DapperDon

I normally do not veg in my uc until the roots are well established and sitting well below the waterline which is 1" below the net pot. I also do not use the net pots with the open net on the sides, just the solid pots with the net on the bottom to eliminate cord roots.

highland420

highland420

@DapperDon, adding UC Roots once a week at 1 mil per gallon.
@stickyfing3rs the lights are about 3.5 ft above foliage. 7k air cooled
@Big daddy. Thanks for the encourgement.
@redwhiteblue getting humidity up in the room is a bugger, will adjust H2O temp up a degree or two.

DapperDon

DapperDon

Try using 1 mL of Clorox Bleach regular unscented / not splash guard for every 50 gallons instead of UC Roots.

Z

ZombieSlave

the water lvl just below the netpot? ppm's may be to high, lights may be to strong

highland420

highland420

@ZombieSlave yep water right under the net pot. Reduced ppms to 130 with Fresh Ro and pH adjusted to 130. Raised lights 2" will see the girls tomorrow.

Warrioreuel

Warrioreuel

The biggest factor i saw in getting clones to grow for we was humidity. I never would have believed it. I bought a humidifier with auto water fill and controller. I keep the area at 60% when cloning. It worked wonders for me. I also had to be religious about keeping the root zone wet. I start my clones in Root Riot cubes and transfer them to water when the roots are swirling around out the bottom of the cube.

F

FooDoo

Water level should be at the middle of the netpot. Always keep it high so the roots don't dry out.

Also, drop cultured solutions. Is there any other brand or line you would rather run? I can help you figure out an ideal nutrient profile using any other nute brand .

Also x2, everything the guys at cch2o have written or said or recommended, is complete bs. I wish members would stop eating up all the crap they spoon feed the community. Youre at 200 TDs day 11, I START my TDs at 300 day 1 of veg. And move up to my max of 750 TDs by week 1 or two of flower. Your plants are most likely starving.

DapperDon

DapperDon

I would like to comment that you should NOT raise your water levels to mid net pot. That is a fast way to get yourself a case of stem rot. You seem to rail against everyone that disagrees with what you think the facts are for some reason. You are allowed to have your own opinion, you just aren't allowed to make up your own facts.

F

FooDoo

@DapperDon don't get all butthurt by my posts. They are made to help the people with problems, not change the opinions of everyone else who thinks their sh** don't stink.

Don't forget, that at one point, only ONE SINGLE human being said the world was round, and a million KNEW it was flat. So please continue to do whatever it is you do. I honestly don't care.

@highland420 ,I'll post a picture of my water level once I'm back from breakfast and you can see "ermagawd look at all that stem rot".. Or not

Last edited:
DapperDon

DapperDon

Okay so you don't get too full of yourself, you need to know that I do not get butthurt over what you or anyone else says. Especially when so many of your posts are proven wrong over and over again. Anti intellectualism is not something that you should be proud of as your comments read like some school kid that gets an F on every single test and thinks it the facts that are wrong. Since we are on the topic of you turning the growing world upside down with your view that everyone else must be wrong, please show us these photos as well with that case of root rot you are crying about. BTW you got that wrong too.

F

FooDoo

>not butthurt
>writing paragraphs trying to insult me

Lol, go medicate yourself a lil champ

DapperDon

DapperDon

Does reading more than a single sentence hurt your brain? Most people use multiple words coherently to put together paragraphs so that they can effectively communicate their point. So once again your anti-educated view has been shown front and center. And you want to try and sell us that YOU are here to prove everyone else wrong? You only response has been derogatory remarks and folk lore made up remedies and not anything to contribute to the advancement of the conversation at hand. Still waiting on those photos. This should be good.

F

FooDoo

And you want to try and sell us that YOU are here to prove everyone else wrong?

They are made to help the people with problems, not change the opinions of everyone else who thinks their sh** don't stink

>I say I'm not trying to change opinions
>you claim twice now that I'm trying to flip the growing game upside down with brand new info.

Yes... I'm the crazy one. Get ahold of your jimmies

F

FooDoo

@highland420 i custom made a delivery manifold and hard pvc returns so i can exterenly mount my epi and equipment.

Im running gsc, from rooted clone , i did 21 day veg and now im at day 9 of 12/12 and theyre at 610 tds and looking like they could eat more.
IMG 20150128 131456784 HDR

Here's the water level in the epi

IMG 20150128 132041282

30 days in high water. All full of stem rot and dying. totally unhealthy. Right?

IMG 20150128 132115351

IMG 20150128 132144143

IMG 20150128 132536365

IMG 20150128 132525312

Such a shame.... If only i had lowered that water level

Top Bottom