Vegging with HPS is it Possible?

• Thread starter Toone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vierundzwanzig

whats this no mh needed stuff??...guys cmon now
im not well enough to not tell you what i meant.
imo hes starting new with cfls and twhatever. and then what everybody else said.
im not trying to screw anybody over dude im very insightful in a spooky way
jah bless you you showoff.:eek:

Bannacis

Bannacis

All very great info bro, only thing I can't agree with is when you say people use T5's for the entire grow and you can't go wrong with any of em really. Honestly I have seen people grow veg+bloom with floros and it's ugly, weak, stetchy plants and tiny, fluffy buds. For veg T5's are great, but when it comes to flowering HPS is the #1 choice, hands down. You get big, tight, dense, heavy buds with HPS I have never seen that with CFL or T5's. I'm not talking shit bro, just tryin to help people out. peace :)

You missed the point, people do very well with cfl/t5's...just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't been done. and i'm not dissing hps.
hps #1 choice for flowering...Your opinion...ok cool. actually the sun is.
I never said you were talking shit bro. and why so defensive?
I wasn't even replying to you, I believe toone was the one with the question.

as I was only trying to help.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

You missed the point, people do very well with cfl/t5's...just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't been done. and i'm not dissing hps.
hps #1 choice for flowering...Your opinion...ok cool. actually the sun is.
I never said you were talking shit bro. and why so defensive?
I wasn't even replying to you, I believe toone was the one with the question.

as I was only trying to help.

HPS #1 choice for flowering is NOT my opinion it is a fact due to years of growers experimenting with different grow lights. Of course the sun is the best but we are talking about man-made grow lights. I have seen people grow with T5's plenty of times and they are very good lights for veg or as supplemental lighting during flowering, but they will not produce what HPS does as a primary light source during flowering. Do some research thats a fact not my opinion. I'm not getting defensive I didn't want you to think I was trying to start an argument but I guess you took it that way :confused:

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
whats this no mh needed stuff??...guys cmon now

Thanks, TJ. An 600w or 1000w MH HID will crush CFLs in terms of vigor and rapidity of growth, no matter how close the flouro is. I use both spectrums. . .country AND western. . .er I mean MH & HPS in my veg/flower tent. I use flouros in my mother tent for that reason. I want slow growth.

outwest

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
im not well enough to not tell you what i meant.
imo hes starting new with cfls and twhatever. and then what everybody else said.
im not trying to screw anybody over dude im very insightful in a spooky way
jah bless you you showoff.:eek:
hehe me show off..thanks buddy, but im on no level to b called a show off.
i have used it all in my grows, started at the bottom with 50$ to get lights. i had 900watts of cfl in a grow last year....
toone...you want nice big bushs, pump as much light as you can...6500k for vegg,2700k for flower

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I veg with hps. I've used everything available over the years cuz I'm one them old suckkas who was first to try hps indoors from converted street lights way back! LOL

Ha! We used to jack street lights from parking garages in college. They were 150w HPS. Grew some dank bagseed with those things! Converted?

outwest

Bannacis

Bannacis

HPS #1 choice for flowering is NOT my opinion it is a fact due to years of growers experimenting with different grow lights. Of course the sun is the best but we are talking about man-made grow lights. I have seen people grow with T5's plenty of times and they are very good lights for veg or as supplemental lighting during flowering, but they will not produce what HPS does as a primary light source during flowering. Do some research thats a fact not my opinion. I'm not getting defensive I didn't want you to think I was trying to start an argument but I guess you took it that way :confused:[/quote

I've been growing 20 plus years, the fact is hps are used the most...i agree. i use em for flowering too. All i said was i seen the results, i know of growers who use just mh. or cfl/t5s and had stellar results... If you know your grow you can achieve a very good harvest. I did not say that the cfl/t5s or the MH were better than hps. and i did not say to use either one as a primary.

Hps rule! that better?

But as I stated before, the mixed spectrum of different lights is what I prefer.
ok? i isn't arguing, just putting my 2 cents out there.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

@Bannacis Ooook...there's no need to be sarcastic. All I'm saying is HPS is the best light for flowering. Cannabis grows with just about any light, but the best flowering is done under a HPS. I could care less if you say "HPS rule" because I really don't care about your opinion and I am not making any opinions. I am stating facts that I have seen with my own eyes, CFL/T5's are great for veg and HPS great for bloom. So your actually right HPS do rule (for bloom) and CFL/T5's also rule (for veg).

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Oh yeah one more thing...you did say something about using T5's as primary. If you look back at your post you said that people use T5's for the entire grow with great results (not exact quote), so obviosly it is the primary light if it's being used the entire grow by itself.

Bannacis

Bannacis

your right, You rule... your the fact master... go to Youtube.com and search for cfl grows...or t5s' better yet........

These are just a few of 1,000's of peeps that can get awesome results...if you're uber good...then uber harvest.

At the beginning... I said," cant go wrong with any of em really"if it all ya got or can do...then its all good!
the more the better if the grower is getting a great harvest and is happy, who are you to say Not!

This is a forum of peeps just helping one another and not contradicting other peoples post. You don't know me or what i know and seen.
If you haven't seen any good results from cfls or T5s...I believe you. but I have... sorry you suck at it...:eek:

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I agree i wouldnt wate you time on mh bulbs i bought 6 ushio super mh bulbs used 2 of them for a week and was pissed i wasted my money lumatek 600 hps blew them out the water by almost 2 to 1 Like i said if you want the strongest healthiest plants vegg and flower with hps IMOP the only thing that can compare is plasma and its way too expensive for me to try but i would deff like too in the future if its your first run buddy safe your self the money and head ache and get a 1000 watt for flower and vegg and a t5 for mommies and clones that simple lots of good points made on here though both ways good info farmers

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

your right, You rule... your the fact master... go to Youtube.com and search for cfl grows...or t5s' better yet........

These are just a few of 1,000's of peeps that can get awesome results...if you're uber good...then uber harvest.

At the beginning... I said," cant go wrong with any of em really"if it all ya got or can do...then its all good!
the more the better if the grower is getting a great harvest and is happy, who are you to say Not!

This is a forum of peeps just helping one another and not contradicting other peoples post. You don't know me or what i know and seen.
If you haven't seen any good results from cfls or T5s...I believe you. but I have... sorry you suck at it...:eek:

WOW just because somebody shows a couple bud shots that does not mean T5's are the best for blooming, you said it yourself that you use a HPS. I never said you can't grow cannabis with T5's, actually I said you can grow cannabis with ANY light. I don't know if you can't read or maybe your fucking hallucinating but all I said was HPS are best for the bloom stage of growth. People obviously grow with T5's during bloom but they would of gotten better results using HPS. Alot of people put bullshit on Youtube and they exagerate the facts, also you have NO idea how dense or fluffy those lil buds are just by watching a video. Thats probably the closest you got to growing good buds was watching it on Youtube (noob). So they are using T5's on Youtube whoop dee fucking doo, if the T5's are SO GOOD for bloom then why don't you see more people doin it and getting huge nugs like on Youtube. Exactly, you wanna get a fucking attitude when all I said was "HPS are better than T5's for blooming" and telling me I suck at growing, betcha I make alot more $$$ than you buddy, maybe you should move outta ya momma's house before you talk shit bout me boy.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Look at the second video the bud is half the width of his hand, is that what you are trying to show off. Little 1 1/2 inch thick buds, damn those T5's are awesome at flowering a 1 inch thick bud WOW!!!!!

420alldaze

420alldaze

all but one have a 10 week...left side of room is hps right side mh...2000 total watts
lights at 7.5 foot whole timeView attachment 214722
whats up bro,is this the first run using both at the same time? i only ask because im doing the same thing just moving plants every other week. ive noticed alot more trichs on the mh side already:) thanks for all the input. 42o

thanks for all the input from the other farmers that actually know what respect and opinion means:confused: . peace 420

Bannacis

Bannacis

Dam you just wont shut up .... those were just some sample ideas. aint showing off anything. get over yourself. I don't understand why your stuck on this. I didn't say that hps is better than cfls or t5. or not to use hps or any of that shit.

I don't want to argue this. can we agree to disagree.

have some pie

Bannacis

Bannacis

Ok lizard king.... legalize marijuana across the 50 states
Create a 4 week flowering uber strain.
Get Obama outa office.
And free Mark Emery...

just for starters your HighneSS

Top Bottom