Velos Grow Show.

• Thread starter Velodrone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Velodrone

Velodrone

Whats up Farmers? It has been a long time since I've been on any forums. Needless to say I have missed it. The ability to bounce ideas and what not around is priceless.

A little about myself. I have been a farmer for the better part of a decade. Rocked out so many strains that I have lost track. Most with success, but not without the inevitable screwup. I build and consult on bigger grows these days. Challenging as it is, I enjoy it. My main medium of preference is Coir. It suits my style well and is just so damn easy. While I've used most other methods and mediums I still keep coming back to Coir. It lends itself to damn near any feeding program/method with great results.

My personal setup is pretty basic. Nothing to write home about persay but it works. Its set up as follows. Room(s) are purpose built, insulated to r22.
*Veg-6x8x8
*Flower-8x8x8
*Lighting Veg-1k MH and 4X8 bulb T-5
*Lighting Bloom-2k Gavita
*Hoods-Sun Systems AC/DE air cooled
*Cooling- 2ton A.C.
*Heating-240v Baseboard
*Environmental Control-Auto pilot and Sentinal
*Co2-Tank in summer/Gen in winter.

That is the main jist of it. It just works for me. Ill get some pics up later this evening. Just wanted to pop in and say hi.

Velodrone

Velodrone

20160817 192159
20160817 185231
20160606 141719
IMG 20151122 181425

Velodrone

Velodrone

Some quick pics plus one of a 40k flip setup that I just got done with. Nothing to special right now as the room is just getting fired up again. As soon as she is put back together it should be full steam ahead.

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

That Flip box set up is sick. One day when I get to a place big enough im do that. right now my gardens are 3 miles apart not near as convenient .

Velodrone

Velodrone

3 miles....? I wish I was back to those days. 300 is standard anymore for me.

Its a job no matter what though. Time and Dedication. It can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Sometimes its both I guess.

Got a thread? Id love to check it out!

Fishmaster42

Fishmaster42

I dont have a thread yet Im kind of new. I got some pics on instagram Flocogrowers. I hope im allowed to say that. Fish

Velodrone

Velodrone

Well, I found something some of you might find just as exciting as I do. If your a genetic junky brace yourself.

In a far away land, along time ago I aspired to breed great strains. It never came about as life and such got in the way. I did try with a few attempts and limited successes.

As I am cleaning the garage this morning and going through old boxes of stuff I came across a bag of junk I thought. Gave it a quick look and decide to toss it. As I throw it to the side a sound catches my ear, it is a familer sound but I cant quite place it. In my go go mentality that I get into when I undertake a project the curiosity fades quickly.

Fast forward a few hours and I stop to have a quick puff. As I sit down and start contemplating what I am going to do next I notice the box is in arms reach. I slide it over and start to rummage through all the junk. Old light hangers, nutrient samples, bulbs just junk. Then at the bottom, there is a ziplock bag with red writing on it. My heart immediately skips a beat. I'm pretty sure I know what this is but think to myself it cant be what I think it is, can it. Then the jingle that I was trying to remember earlier comes screaming back at me with the realazation of what I had just found.
20160825 145301
20160825 145312

BOOOM, I cant believe what I just found. Who remembers DJ Short and his series he did with Breeder Steve? Maybe my age is showing a bit here but I sure do. This was one of my first breeding projects. It is the very first Blue Satellite released by them, crossed into a very special LA Ultra that was so coveted some years back.

For those of you not familer with the history on the Satellite series here is a brief history.

This incredible strain of special heady Cannabis was developed sometime in the early to mid 1980’s. It has been carefully maintained solely by DJ up to now. He generously shared it first with Breeder Steve who was given explicit consent to use the strain ‘only’ to breed the Satellite series. Steve was gifted 50 pure BBS seeds to bring the dream to life. It was both fortunate and unfortunate that only two of the 50 would pop. The BBS Mother Plant was born. After the second Satellite release, Steve’s BBS met premature and complete fate following a raid that occurred after the second release.

So,... the figurative BBS ‘red carpet’ was partially rolled out more than fifteen years ago with its introduction into the masses via pollenation from Breeder Steve’s beloved Shishkaberry. This created the first release of what has now become a three part release known worldwide as The Blue Satellites Series. The Second release (#2),was made by pollenating the BBS with a select Sweet Tooth Daddy. The Third (aka 2.2) and only remaining release in current circulation is a dynamite F2 of the second version. Breeder Steve’s delicious indica, The Sweet Pink Grapefruit, is what primarily sets the #2 and 2.2 apart from the #1.

I had the fortune of getting some of the #1 in the series. As these were regular seeds I remember knowing that I had to do something with them. I found the best male out of the group and hit an LA Ultra and a particularly rank Durban.

I know I ran a few of them with great success and was entirly happy with the crosses. It was so long ago that I no longer have any pictures or notes of my short lived time that she graced me with.

I can only hope that at least a few are still viable as storage conditions were just shit. That original BBS was one of my favorites and I would love to add her back into my life.

Anyway, if anyone in the Noco area wants a vial or two of these id be happy to share. The old strains I feel still have value and should command respect for what they have givin us today.

V

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

We have recently done a lot of research into popping older beans. There are lots of options there in, our technique: Soak seeds in warm 50C water for 20 minutes then splash into cool water with a TINY amount of H2O2. This kills any pethogens on the seeds. Then we dump then onto a paper towel and dry of the peroxide solution. Now we soak them in a VERY mild humic/fulvic solution over night, then into a moist paper towel, placed into a ziplock taped upright in a warm dark place.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

out at the farm we use the super duper magnetic ray gun for old seeds lol

Velodrone

Velodrone

We have recently done a lot of research into popping older beans. There are lots of options there in, our technique: Soak seeds in warm 50C water for 20 minutes then splash into cool water with a TINY amount of H2O2. This kills any pethogens on the seeds. Then we dump then onto a paper towel and dry of the peroxide solution. Now we soak them in a VERY mild humic/fulvic solution over night, then into a moist paper towel, placed into a ziplock taped upright in a warm dark place.

No doubt the Humic & Fulvic acids can and will play a crucial part in the germination of any seed.

I prefer to just throw down the seed and see where the cards fall so to speak. There are a multitude of methods/techniques, that will all culminate in success!

It's the balancing act that gets ya!!!

Top Bottom