Venom OG

• Thread starter slap14
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

slap14

Has anyone grown the Rare Dankness Venom OG? I popped 10 seeds got eight viable babies and ended up with three very nice ladies. I'm about five weeks into flower and was curious what to expect from the finished product. I was very surprised at how little variation there was in all 8 plants, i like that. After it's is done i'll post some pics of the grow.

Appreciate any input

Slap

S

slap14

Here are a few pics of my Venom OG an 53 days.

Slap

Mogrow

Mogrow

hey slap, still laying down the dank i see....
can't comment on the venmon og, never ran it but it looks nice.

jessejames12345

jessejames12345

looks real nice ! what kinda smells you getting off of them ?

peace
jj

S

slap14

looks real nice ! what kinda smells you getting off of them ?

peace
jj

Was up JJ

It's hard for me to describe OG smells because nothing else really smells like that. The venom has a very strong OG chemical smell with a touch of funky burnt rubber undertones. I just started chopping them down so i'll give you a better idea in a few weeks;) In general OG's don't yield well but the Venom was not bad for an OG strain. All the plants were fairly uniform, tall and lanky. I will try and post some finished pics when the cure is done. It does seem like this strain is quite stable so props to Rare Dankness.

Thanks for checking it out

Slap

jessejames12345

jessejames12345

Nice ! good to hear . I have some Rug burn and Scotts in early veg right now ..

Enjoy them flowers !
Peace !!

JJ

215 User

215 User

Poison O.G. is really nice & CBD material....

This is a nice hybrid I've been eye ballin' for a minute!

Looking Good slap

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

its not as pinesol funk as the other raredankness Tk dom crosses,,, it more piney,kushy og phenos, i popped way to many then i could take clones.. 2 packs venom and scotts,, got 4 of each revegging for a later battle for keepers and to see how it stacks against Bigricky Tk cutt used in much of there work..

got 20+ of the leroy popped next on deck

Tepictoton

Tepictoton

Aloha,

long time reader but here is my first post.

Currently at day 48 with the 3females left from 10seeds. Two of them are looking great, but one is looking strangely of a bit.

Let me try to describe. It has definitely a lot less chrystals forming and seems to be have a more greenish green to it. Also the other two plants are showing fat leaves that almost seem to be waxy. Yet the third one has no waxy appearance whatsoever.

I am wondering what to do with this pheno. Might it be it is a pheno with a higher cbd ratio seeing the production of glands is lacking behind? Or is that just an insane idea that does not hold any ground? Just wondering if I could make a friend happy with it who is looking for a higher cbd strain...

ps no way of getting it tested here and for now do not have any means of uploading pictures...

Any help would be appreciated.

S

slap14

Hard to tell, maybe a stray seed or maybe the plant has a genetic issue (not bad genetics just this plant). All of mine were very consistent so I can't help you much. Without testing hard/impossible to know the CBD count. Only way to know is test the finished product.;)

Good luck i'm really enjoying my venom quite a bit. Nice OG flavor and a nice kick in the chops to go along with it:p

Slap

Tepictoton

Tepictoton

Thanks for the reply!

So my problem is that my grow room is also my drying room, so leaving this pheno to flower for longer is going to be a problem.
Would it be wise to keep the drying buds inside a box inside the grow room while giving the other pheno more time to mature? Or do I risk messing up the drying process that way? Temps will be between 20 and 26C with lights of and on. Thought of moving this pheno outside, but temperatures are too low to risk that, and it might regress back to veg state with the long sun hours(although I can off course prevent that by blinding it.).

How long did you let yours go for? I aimed for 65days, but looking at them now, day 50, I am going to flush them tonight because I have a feeling taking them to 65days might make them bit to heavy on the coach lock effect... Aiming to harvest when about 10procent of glands has turned amber...

They are in 4gallon smart pots...still trying to figure out exactly how much water to use to flush. I will probably get them out of the SCROG netting and put them in the bathtub. Then wait till I have a decent amount of run-off and then hopefully get them under the net again in a good way.

If I decide to keep the different pheno up and running, should I wait with flushing it or go ahead and flush that one too?

Sorry for the many questions....I appreciate any kind of input!

Tepictoton

Tepictoton

Sorry for back to back posting but taught I would give an update...venom 3 turns out to be a hermie. The lighter green spots I had been seeing on the buds turn out to be male flowers, or at least bananas. Any chance of them pollinating the other plants? Got it out of the room and hope it did not wreck my crop...the two other ladies are looking a so sweet and pumping up nicely. day 53now...

Here is what I am talking about...

hmm how to upload pics?... cause I think these micro shots are worth it....

Last edited:
S

ssteely71

The lighter green spots I had been seeing on the buds turn out to be male flowers, or at least bananas. Any chance of them pollinating the other plants?

Yes there is a chance of pollination BUT if your already at day 53 and plan on pulling around day 65 there should be no issue. Any seeds it may have made will be very small and immature.

Tepictoton

Tepictoton

well apart from the strange pheno, I can tell you you are in for a treat...

Decided to take the strange pheno out...I really do not want to take any risks...It is in a seperate room now, with only sunlight and I am covering it and putting it in the dark every twelve hours.... These will be the 10-12hardest longest days ever lol. Pitty I cannot seem to upload pictures here...

Looking at the strange pheno in sunlight revealed way more male flowers(only bananas, no full balls) then I first taught...

S

slap14

Thanks for the reply!

So my problem is that my grow room is also my drying room, so leaving this pheno to flower for longer is going to be a problem.
Would it be wise to keep the drying buds inside a box inside the grow room while giving the other pheno more time to mature? Or do I risk messing up the drying process that way? Temps will be between 20 and 26C with lights of and on. Thought of moving this pheno outside, but temperatures are too low to risk that, and it might regress back to veg state with the long sun hours(although I can off course prevent that by blinding it.).

How long did you let yours go for? I aimed for 65days, but looking at them now, day 50, I am going to flush them tonight because I have a feeling taking them to 65days might make them bit to heavy on the coach lock effect... Aiming to harvest when about 10procent of glands has turned amber...

They are in 4gallon smart pots...still trying to figure out exactly how much water to use to flush. I will probably get them out of the SCROG netting and put them in the bathtub. Then wait till I have a decent amount of run-off and then hopefully get them under the net again in a good way.

If I decide to keep the different pheno up and running, should I wait with flushing it or go ahead and flush that one too?

Sorry for the many questions....I appreciate any kind of input!

Was up Boss,

I let mine go between 65 and 70 days and that seems like the sweet spot for my setup. I don't flush because of the style of grow I do, no need. I flower in 3 gallon pots unless it is a long flowering sativa and then I would go to a 4 gallon. All of mine were very uniform and not a hermie in the bunch. Sorry to hear about that.

I would not wait for the one pheno because when they are done they are done. I wouldn't sacrifice the good pheno's for a suspect one.

Just finished trimming up some Doc's OG and she looks and smells real nice also.

I'll leave you with some cured Venom OG

IMG 1600

Good Luck,

Slap

Tepictoton

Tepictoton

Getting closer :)

Today is day 100since germinating and they are making me happy already :cat:

What a smell...and my nicest plant has, after topping and some LST has eight main colas the seize of cola cans (cola colas LOL)

Getting cloudy now, so I expect to take them down somewhere next week...

Tepictoton

Tepictoton

7 days to go till I will take them down...

Here is first pheno one(got some nute burn, darker coloured, smells more on the og side), then pheno two(now turning a bit purple on its leaves, silvery green pure fuel funk smell...), and then third one that turned out to be hermie and is now outside.

20140430 100750
20140430 100755
20140429 114308
20140424 232743
20140424 232821
Tepictoton

Tepictoton

So decided to take them down tomorrow. Got one PCK from DNA Genetics in the room that is still not done, but will take it out and give it a few days of sun outside with blinding it every twelve hours. I need my room to dry, so cannot have the lights on in there for now.

Having a very low humidity here, 25-30procent, so hope this does not interfere too much with slowly drying them, then again especially the venom, it does not seem to be a strain that needs a long time curing and so on(slap? if you feel like chiming in)?

I did pick some smaller buds every now and then during the past week, and they all dried within 3days(in box inside room), yet the taste was not bad at all, not green...hehe I called it instant chinese making cup-a-soup (my eyes went into chinese mode lol).

And one of the venoms turned purple? did i make a mistake somewhere and got the PCK mixed up with the venom? Never heared of venom og from rare dankness turning purple? It is the pheno I like most, silver grey and now has this slight purple shine in it...and the smell...seeing the PCK has some OG genes(Kaptain Crypt OG) in it too, and has the purple chemtrail in it, maybe I just mixed them up...any ideas? Might I have my hands on a rare venom og pheno? Or just a mix-up?

Top Bottom