Vent flapper for exhaust fan

• Thread starter Panhead59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Panhead59

Panhead59

What are ya'll using as a end of line outside "flapper" for your indoor exhaust fan ? My problem is I can't find a 6" one or any adaptors to go from 4" (which they all are ) to 6". I gotta use plexiglass or something simular in place of basement casement window. Brick house.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What are ya'll using as a end of line outside "flapper" for your indoor exhaust fan ? My problem is I can't find a 6" one or any adaptors to go from 4" (which they all are ) to 6". I gotta use plexiglass or something simular in place of basement casement window. Brick house.

Panhead59

Panhead59

Tks aqua man. Lowes didn't have anything that would work but my local Ace hardware has a 6" to 4" galvanized adapter. I don't think it'll restrict air flow that much, besides, I think the fan and 6" set up is probably overkill to begin with !! Thank you sir !!!!!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Tks aqua man. Lowes didn't have anything that would work but my local Ace hardware has a 6" to 4" galvanized adapter. I don't think it'll restrict air flow that much, besides, I think the fan and 6" set up is probably overkill to begin with !! Thank you sir !!!!!
If ya can I'd go 6" to reduce wear on the fan from back pressure but sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do.

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

This is what I use. Found on Amazon. ca. They have different types and sizes

airedog

airedog

Supporter
I used an earlier variant of a roof cap vent like the one shown below, mounted vertically in a plywood panel that fit in a sliding basement window with spray foam sealing the edges of the panel. There's a backflap damper and screen on the unit and i have a second one in the duct pipe for peace of mind.

Vent

Top Bottom