venting!!

• Thread starter Kilo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kilo

Any ideas on best way to vent a 10-12" rvk from a first flr busy road window? without the blinds etc looking like a typhoon hehe ... Ive been blessed with better locations previously and i could vent quiet easily but this is casuing probs ...help

any info tips advice

aprecaited

TIA

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

is there a balcony?
if so you can use that as camouflage, and make a cat flap in the door.

use ductpipe to bring to the back of the house?

build a box around the crack of the window (do some math) and attach the pipe on the box

K

Kilo

no balcony DH.

pukka tip about the cat flap on balcony ;) :beer

no back windows.. all windows facing same street,the place is split level all first flr windows ;) the window also sits back into an alcove. The wooden blind is stuck into place at the bottom(as close to the frame you can get) ...but the sides of blinds are moving about
my ducting is at the moment connected to a spigot board that is flush with the wall......so i didnt need to create a box ...the recess backs about 1.5ft

I was thinking of batooning some thick netting up ?? ..ive also got controllers on rvk's but still too much :(

still like a typhoon lol

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

is there a ventilation hole in the wall?

the longer the ducting is the less vibration will come from it..

I cant quit visualize how your doing the window and all, but wont the condensation hit your window?

Is it one of these small working class brithish houses? Why not use the chimeny?

F

FastForward

Hey Kilo.... is there any chance you could drill a hole in the wall? Or smaller and use a reducer? Then cover the hole with a grate or something....it'll look like some kind of kitchen or bathroom outlet (or central heating outlet).

I've hung a 4" aircon outlet out of the window, but that was in the middle of summer - and it was a bitch because it let bugs in. Might look weird in sub zero winter temps...

The other option is if you've got panes of glass in your window (i.e. not double glazing or one big sheet) you could punch out one of them and seal your vent to that....but you'd still need to reduce it down.....10-12" is obv. way too big....

K

Kilo

unfortunalty i cant punch holes thru the glass or wall....its a brand new split level 2 bed apartment ...Im trying to find some sort of black fabric to maybe stop the air passing thru so fast...the window isnt collecting any condensation at the moment...

any ideas were i can get thin black fabric in uk ? readly available
may be a fine acoustic fabric for speakers or car speaker shelfs? any ideas

thanks FF and DH

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

unfortunalty i cant punch holes thru the glass or wall....its a brand new split level 2 bed apartment ...Im trying to find some sort of black fabric to maybe stop the air passing thru so fast...the window isnt collecting any condensation at the moment...

any ideas were i can get thin black fabric in uk ? readly available
may be a fine acoustic fabric for speakers or car speaker shelfs? any ideas

thanks FF and DH

i would't do that kilo (speaking from experience here) if you put a grate infront of yr "out" it will make a noise because it will block the air from passing through. reducing it is same problem..

No chimney?

No air ventilation grates above or next to the window/

K

Kilo

no chimeny also the air bricks are covers with a fancy air con thing basically a intake fan with controller pulling the air from outside in

i get a pic

NB i could remove the Air brick thing on the inside which sits over the air brick for the outside ..if that makes sense....basicaly that thing just draws air in from the air brick ...fancy hey ..bolloxs hehe

Window1
Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

I got it!! Build a frame over you windowframe with 2-4 beams and board your window up, and reverse the fans in the air vent bricks, making them "seep" out your air out.
You or a more elctonical minded friend could prolly reverese the air direction, or just take 'm out. You might have to build an air thight partician to make sure no air gets back in to your room.

K

Kilo

I got it!! Build a frame over you windowframe with 2-4 beams and board your window up, and reverse the fans in the air vent bricks, making them "seep" out your air out.
You or a more elctonical minded friend could prolly reverese the air direction, or just take 'm out. You might have to build an air thight partician to make sure no air gets back in to your room.

so board up the window completly and use the air brick to vent out ...may be best to remove the air con thingy and then board a spigot to the air brick ?? is that what your saying ?

thanks DH ...i dont want to ruin the guys apt hehe

K

Kilo

wall mounted spigot

thats what my ducting is connected too..behind the b7w is a board that is screwed flush with the wall..behind that is the alcoved window ::) about 1,5ft recess

Spiggot
Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

Gotta break some eggs to make an omlet. Besides you can always restore it afterwards:cool Gotta run now later

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

so board up the window completly and use the air brick to vent out ...may be best to remove the air con thingy and then board a spigot to the air brick ?? is that what your saying ?

thanks DH ...i dont want to ruin the guys apt hehe
Yea pretty much Ill explain more precies later see ya!

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

hey m8 sorry i didn't reply earlier. Kinda bizzy (and to lazzzy) But I wrote this this some time ago (when Iwas more energetic) on athread called " custom closet question' . Im not computer savvy enough to link stuff. It explains what Im trying to say..:nerd

Latest posts

Top Bottom