Vertically Challenged :)

• Thread starter Desertboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Desertboy

Desertboy

I think Mr Bee I will have loads of bud sites but the bud's will never become massive colas as I stretched the 400w out too far I should defo have used a 600w but not practical at moment.

The wall is 2m2 in total although I have a missing spot that's ~20cm*20cm in that wall which is gutting.

Seemed to have more success with compost than coco but I think that's temp related, I should have insulated the pots with this stuff will defo do that next run.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/3319...rlsatarget=pla-183556651746&adtype=pla&crdt=0

I'm enjoying the weather had the week off and looks like I picked the right week just why can't it be warm in the day and drop to 15c at night lol.

Desertboy

Desertboy

;)
SAM 9608

SAM 9609

Hate Life

Hate Life

A lot of work and planning involved in this my friend.
I am rooting for you, don't be afraid to get in there and trim some lower branches that aren't getting as much light as they should be getting.

I have been thinking of verticals for years.

Thank you for refreshing my memory!

Ps. If you have a flash, let's see some photos with the flash on in the dark. It's like a whole new world lol!

Desertboy

Desertboy

If you get the recirc kit everything will go together in about 2 hours including potting up and filling the reservoir.

You really want 18 clones do go 3 high or 1 light and 30 clones to go 5 high with 2 lights, 5 high should finish to the top of the tent. Veg time should be no more than 10 days, I let the coco ones go too far and had to cut loads of it back.

I don't have the netting kit it should be all netted up.

Hate Life

Hate Life

When I say "planning", I really mean trellis netting, and support haha.
Now you know the code. :D

Keep it up, let's see this through.

Desertboy

Desertboy

Work is trimming lol, If I netted this I would have just cut the stalks at the pot and removed all the pots leaving the plants in the net hung for 10-14 days.

I trim as I smoke this will last me a long time.

I really wish I'd put irrigation in but too hot and was worried about pythium for good reason.

For the extra setup having only to refill once a week and not worry about watering is worth the hassle.

Hate Life

Hate Life

Work life for sure, trimming, planting, cuttings, you do what you gotta do.
It is always worth it to cut down on manual labor though, so irrigation would be nice.

Also a cheap alternative to an AC unit would be a water cooled air chiller.

Here is a link to what one looks like, you can usually find them on craigslist.
https://www.westcoasthgs.com/image/...ler/keeprite-water-chiller-4784-1-500x500.jpg

So I have seen that you have some heat issues especially when timers etc. fails, this would be a nice addition without drawing much power at all, the only power they use is directed to the fan, so this "1 fan" unit would only use about 175 watts of electricity.

You can cool your room down to as low as you water temperature is, so these are definately a good option if you are in the city and don't have to pay for your water usage.

Setting this up would be the main issue, you can build and stand or hang from the ceiling, and you need an outtake for the water that has run through the unit.

They act as a dehumidier as well, however when your temps are lower, the relative humidity in the room rises, as warm air holds more moisture.

I definitely think this would be a good option for you, as it is always be nice stay under 80-85 degrees F, or 25-30 degrees C.

I say this because I was always hindered with growing until I got one of these units.

Hope it helps,
peace.

Desertboy

Desertboy

Hate Life I'm in the UK so outside of summer heat isn't an issue in fact it's normally too cold!

But I did make this a few years ago and one day would like a pool so I can use these to cool the grow room and then I would get a co2 generator, rejet it and wire it to mains gas.
image_016-jpg.126945

It's a home brew icybox as they are expensive to get in uk this cost <$100 with both 5" fans and fittings it cooled 4 600w if the water temp was 18c or less and would keep grow room in mid 20's with all fans turned off.

CO2 is too expensive in bottles in the UK to fill that little bottle is like $30 and lasts 10 days or so I stopped using it but obviously a gas generator connected to mains gas will be pennies in comparison and almost no hassle.

Hate Life

Hate Life

Now that's what I like to see! Good job sir. I guess it would only benefit you on the hot days.

Keep it coming!

whitebob

whitebob

Hate Life I'm in the UK so outside of summer heat isn't an issue in fact it's normally too cold!

But I did make this a few years ago and one day would like a pool so I can use these to cool the grow room and then I would get a co2 generator, rejet it and wire it to mains gas.
image_016-jpg.126945

It's a home brew icybox as they are expensive to get in uk this cost <$100 with both 5" fans and fittings it cooled 4 600w if the water temp was 18c or less and would keep grow room in mid 20's with all fans turned off.

CO2 is too expensive in bottles in the UK to fill that little bottle is like $30 and lasts 10 days or so I stopped using it but obviously a gas generator connected to mains gas will be pennies in comparison and almost no hassle.
its been a nightmare this week I'm aloft grower and got up to 40 in my room.. thankfully its a sealed room pretty much with intake coming from down stairs... I've been hanging a wet towel in the room with fan blowing on it has helped keep it down by a degree or two....mostly staying about 30..

Last edited:
Desertboy

Desertboy

You can see some of the burnt better in the photo, we didn't escape the heat totally unscathed.
I'm interested to see the damage to the roots after I harvest, will insulate them next time, I have a 7 weeker lined up so the next run.

SAM 9640
SAM 9642
SAM 9643
SAM 9644

Desertboy

Desertboy

The empty bit is where I lost a plant when I potted in, really do want 1 plant per hole.

SAM 9654
SAM 9647

Last edited:
Desertboy

Desertboy

Getting there slowly but still got over 3 weeks till harvest need more light next run 400w over 2m2 is just not enough but still going to piss g/w even with no fans and temps over 40c lol.

I've bought myself a new rhino and etaline for the next run and the recirc kit (Although I shall still run to waste) so no fucking about with watering daily which turned into much more a chore than I first thought.

SAM 9664
SAM 9665
SAM 9666
Hate Life

Hate Life

Lol, those temps...

I am impressed that you are still getting it done, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone being able to pull a harvest with 40 degree temps.

And the bud doesn't even look bad at all.
Beats what my local dispensary is selling, I can tell just from the look.

Keep it going, I am enjoying you work my friend.

Desertboy

Desertboy

Is it a frosty bud like white widow
SAM 9681
Or a skunky bud
SAM 9682

What a difference white balance makes lol

SAM 9678
SAM 9679

Starting to get the kit together for the next run will be upgrading to 600w

Top Bottom