Very Basic First Grow

• Thread starter brian77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mmjcard420

Nice information providing.......Cannabis Plant growth is very good....I am new in cannabis...So can you more information share with me....how to grow marijuana plant in house.

brian77

brian77

Nice information providing.......Cannabis Plant growth is very good....I am new in cannabis...So can you more information share with me....how to grow marijuana plant in house.
This is my first grow. I just worked it out through great forums ie here! Patience and common sense. The guys here know a lot more than I do. Ask away. It's no problem

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter

Echoing Brian77... This site will provide you with most of the information you need for a successful grow. This is my first successful grow. I came to this site after my first was a frustrating disaster.

If you have a question pick the right forum and ask. Someone has had the same issues as you or know someone who has. This site is full of OG's with oodles and oodles of years of knowledge and experience. Do yourself a favor and read lots and lots of articles before you decide on a style. Make sure it fits you, your lifestyle and security precautions.

We are all here to help one another.

Standing by...

brian77

brian77

Echoing Brian77... This site will provide you with most of the information you need for a successful grow. This is my first successful grow. I came to this site after my first was a frustrating disaster.

If you have a question pick the right forum and ask. Someone has had the same issues as you or know someone who has. This site is full of OG's with oodles and oodles of years of knowledge and experience. Do yourself a favor and read lots and lots of articles before you decide on a style. Make sure it fits you, your lifestyle and security precautions.

We are all here to help one another.

Standing by...
Wee up date on mine. Defo kicking off now :)

Screenshot 2019 02 21 18 16 06
Screenshot 2019 02 21 18 16 43
Screenshot 2019 02 21 18 16 56
brian77

brian77

I've a question. I've read that this is to be expected but just want to run it by you guys. Is the colour and leaf damage ok? First pic is the colour of the rest of the plant. 2nd is the very bottom leaf. The worst of the Thanks guys

20190221 183108
20190221 183113
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Nice work bro. Now you just need more light. Props for learning with low cost/smart setup. No point throwing tons of watts when just learning. Under a cheap 400 or 600 hps, 315 cmh or a couple cobs you d do very well next round for sure bud! Looks like you didn’t tragically over fertilize and that’s rare for first time lol. You should have seen my first gruesome grow lol. Wish I had pics.

brian77

brian77

Nice work bro. Now you just need more light. Props for learning with low cost/smart setup. No point throwing tons of watts when just learning. Under a cheap 400 or 600 hps, 315 cmh or a couple cobs you d do very well next round for sure bud! Looks like you didn’t tragically over fertilize and that’s rare for first time lol. You should have seen my first gruesome grow lol. Wish I had pics.
Thanks man. Yeah, took all your guys advice. To help honest it was difficult to hold back on the water and the nutrients. You know the score on the first grow, just want to feed and feed. More light comming up!!! Thanks for your input, please keep it comming. Great stuff :)

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Thanks man. Yeah, took all your guys advice. To help honest it was difficult to hold back on the water and the nutrients. You know the score on the first grow, just want to feed and feed. More light comming up!!! Thanks for your input, please keep it comming. Great stuff :)
I think that most folks could have a very successful grow with plenty of light and half the nutrients and stuff that they usually use. I grow in Promix and can't speak for hydro/coco, or other processes, but the #1 problem is too much fertilizer (Bigger is better) followed by not enough light, despite it looking pretty bright to the average grower. If you can look at it, it isn't bright enough. Once you have 1 or 2 grows under your belt, you will see that the biggest problem is lack of patience, which includes flooding plants with nutrients they don't need (but they will make it grow like a giant, right?) or panicking every time a leaf dies. Let them grow. If they look good, then they probably ARE good and don't need anything more. Once you have a successful process, then you can start messing with different parts that catch your interest. Until then, learn from your mistakes and go easy on them until they are growing big and bushy!

brian77

brian77

I think that most folks could have a very successful grow with plenty of light and half the nutrients and stuff that they usually use. I grow in Promix and can't speak for hydro/coco, or other processes, but the #1 problem is too much fertilizer (Bigger is better) followed by not enough light, despite it looking pretty bright to the average grower. If you can look at it, it isn't bright enough. Once you have 1 or 2 grows under your belt, you will see that the biggest problem is lack of patience, which includes flooding plants with nutrients they don't need (but they will make it grow like a giant, right?) or panicking every time a leaf dies. Let them grow. If they look good, then they probably ARE good and don't need anything more. Once you have a successful process, then you can start messing with different parts that catch your interest. Until then, learn from your mistakes and go easy on them until they are growing big and bushy!
Great stuff. Thanks. Question for you, the couple of dead/dying leaves (I know this is normal) how do it remove them. Do I just cut them from where the leaf meets the branch or just where the leaf itself starts. If you know what I mean

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Great stuff. Thanks. Question for you, the couple of dead/dying leaves (I know this is normal) how do it remove them. Do I just cut them from where the leaf meets the branch or just where the leaf itself starts. If you know what I mean

If you have clean sharp fingernails it's best to pinch them off just where they meet the stem. They heal faster with a pinch than a cut or break.

brian77

brian77

BALLLLLSSSSSS! Running out of room, had no choice but to bend the top to even the canopy. The branch snapped. It's still attached. I've tapped it up but it's sitting at about 90 degrees. Do you reckon it will heal???
I've tied it up to take some strain off it :(​

20190226 230549
20190226 225844
Top Bottom