Veteran Current Culture Users, Please Help

• Thread starter JDro man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ken dog

ken dog

With current culture, and using a high-performance system, the highest scale available should be used... This will give you the most range, and the most capability to fine tune your nutrient level.

In your case, use the PPM... Which would be the 700 scale.

ken dog

ken dog

Regarding how closely you follow your VPD charts, one should always remember that if you go high humidity and high temps, proper airflow must be used or you risk bud rot, powdery mildew, and other such nasty things.

One should always use common sense when raising the humidity levels to 65% and above.

J

JDro man

Thanks for the advice and the link for that article I'm gonna put all of this info to good use. I have had to deal with mold before and higher humidity levels like what they recommend scare me I'll have to think about diving into this to for now and just concentrate on having a good first run in my uc

J

JDro man

I have a hard time getting 50 in my tents I have a small sealed room I built that keeps an average rh of between 50/60 with lights on and off. I was planning to run my uc in a tent but the further I progress into buying everything I need to run it and as much money as I've spent and still spending I need to do whatever I can to improve the odds for a good solid run so guess I'll be doing some rearranging in my basement lol.

ken dog

ken dog

I figure everyone needs to grow the way they want... I'm just giving you some information so you can do it your own way.:)

J

JDro man

I really appreciate it, if your serious about what your doing and shown ways to improve on it then I think that would make me pretty dumb not to do it. Thank u for the advice I look forward to showing some results in the very near future for all the awesome advice u guys offer up.

J

JDro man

I'm digging your grows man, I have 2 hps and 1 bml spydr 1200, I just got the led this year though and the current run is the first 1 that looks perfect 2 others before that I had horrible light bleaching issues with it but now I have a dimmer and run it at 50% and so far I think it will out perform hps this time around at 50% lol i thinks it's like 340w

J

JDro man

Now I'm thinking I'll have to add the ozone generator to my ro filter they sell a kit for stealth ready to go and that's 1 more thing I had no idea could be beneficial lol.

ken dog

ken dog

I'd be very careful with ozone... It can kill.

You will need a reactor, and some way to destroy the off-gassing... And you will need an ozone monitor to let you know if your air is reaching dangerous levels.

Pump rates will have to be increased to compensate for the Venturi and other gas mixture injectors that you decide to put inline.

That said, the system you're talking about may be something completely different.

J

JDro man

Yeah I think so it's just a lil ozone filter that removes the last few remaining ppm left after leaving the ro membrane, your ozone is much more complex and I don't think my skill level allows me to venture into what your using lol maybe I'll just leave that alone for now anyway.

J

JDro man

Ken dog and R Dawg
Thanks for all the info and chart for the vpd, I got my humidity up quite a bit and the level of growth I'm seeing is amazing, I just bought 2 ultrasonic humidifiers 1 was from cvs which worked great for veg and the other is from the hydro store and I can actually run a supply line from my ro or make a pump and res to supply it. This 1 will be for flower and today I'll picking up that and all the rest of the stuff I ordered for my uc.
Thanks to both of u, I have a level of confidence that I've never had before and definitely stay tuned cause pics will be coming once I've got something worthy of taking pics of.

J

JDro man

I think both of u guys really have it together, and my goal is for me to do the same.
Gives a guy alot of confidence ti have such well rounded ppl helping him out and the help u have offered before I even start up my uc is tremendous and I feel like my first run has no choice but to be a good one and I've been preparing and buying all that I can afford, to build a room such as R Dawg has and I still have a long way to go but for now I think I've covered all of the most important issues to start with my very limited budget.

J

JDro man

So I have a question about the ph for my clones, I've read that they do well with a ph near 5.5 and to let it travel up to 6.5 and adjust it back down. So if this is correct then what should I do if I adjust the ph to 5.5 and it raises after a couple days to only 6 or 6.1 but maintains that for several days at a time and just floats between 5.9 to 6.1 so I'm wondering if after a few days of a maintained ph such as 6 if I should go ahead and adjust it back down to 5.5 or leave it alone?

J

JDro man

Also it seems with the higher ph that growth slows some but maybe that's just in my head.

FLtoMI

FLtoMI

Hey guys, sorry to drop in on your conversation with nothing to contribute, I was just wondering if I can get some advice on system and setup? I'm looking at setting up two 36 pot systems in two separate rooms (total count 72, you can guess where I am lol) and trying to decide between the 8 gal and 13 gal from Current Culture... I know someone getting incredible results with the 8 gal system, but I'm looking on long term setup and hate to have to upgrade if the 8 gal doesn't produce as well as the 13 gal system in the long run. Also would someone experience be willing to consult/help me with setup? 2gpw seems amazing and I'm willing to pay for someone's advice on getting there. :)

Top Bottom