Vietnam Black

• Thread starter Necromancer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

98Puresativa

Necromancer and Wobbly Goblin: Have a huge stash of VB x VB and VB x misc indica crosses. Bought the original VB from Anonymous on C-bay back in the day, just like the invoice posted by roach. Was so excited to grow it, indoors, that make clones, flowered clones, and made Xs all before original 2 females finished flowering...which took 4 months.
When finally smoked original VB females....it was like smoking worse Mexican dirt weed. No taste, No high. Tossed all seeds into frig were they have sat for almost 20 years. Thought might try growing some of crosses...but already had collection of my own winner cutting, so never got around to it.
Yet see that others had success with VB, including Reeferman making Willie Nelson. Wobbly Goblin says 1/1000 seeds is a keeper. Personally think it VB was that bad, then no professional grower would have ever used it.
Others have posted that straight VB needs to grow in full sun for genetics for potency and taste to kick in. On indoor grows it can come out like hay, which is what happened to me.
That has gotten me to wonder if should try growing outdoor and see what happens.
Is legal in my state for me to grow outdoors for medical mj. Am planning on growing Thais, Colombians and some Panama Red. All those I know are winners.
Would like members input if it would be worth trying to grow the VB again.
It would still be a bummer to spend 6 months growing a plant that still turned out to be hay.
Am willing to share my seeds with anybody on forum that wants them. Seeds have been properly dried, sealed and stored in frig for almost 20 years. If any interest will test germ a batch before sending out. Would guess should still have around 25% germ rate....but only test will tell.
Also, am very interesting in Hoa Bac Silver Flower and Willie Nelson seeds from Reeferman if anybody out there has some they can spare or trade.
All legit seed stores are out of stock. Canadian hemp company claims to have them....but reviews say that place is a rip off.

Peace to everybody!!!

B

Burned Haze

Bodhi did a few freebies of Vietnam cross a few year ago ( I tried a freebie a few years ago and it was alright , no keepers/pictures )
I looked on the seed banks to see if he did any crosses for sale ( didn’t see any ) sorry....

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
A lot of the strains you want to grow outdoors are Sativa strains, so it might take some planning if you intend to finish them outdoors, which can be November in some cases. I'm not certain about Vietnamese Black, but during the Vietnam war, a friends older brother used to bring some home with him, and it was the most potent that I had ever tried. Keep in mind, the most potent smoke at the time was Mexican dirt weed, with more seeds and leaves than anything. No trimming, just a brick of seeds and leaves with a few buds. It was way too intense for my young butt at the time. I guess it is all about perspective, as it probably wouldn't be considered too potent by today's standards... nothing was back then!

98Puresativa

HI Jimster:
No problem with November or even December harvest....live in Southwest desert. The sativas can take all the time they want....just want to have good genetics so they will not be waste of time.
Hear that Thai, Laos, Cambodian and Vietnamese all can have similar grow patterns and potency...around 22% THC for the good stuff. However, like all mj, you have to get the good stuff that somebody selectively bred, because the wild stuff is just hemp.
Sorry people, but have to take back my offer of free Vietnamese Black seeds. Dug into my seed bank and found they were gone. Thinking must have given them to OG or Seedbay for charity auctions years ago....or just throw them away.
After dedicating a 10,000 watt HPS lamp to the two females for 6 months was VERY unhappy to end up with nice looking rope buds.
Best home made mostly sativa seeds have were F2s of Cohiba. Originals were an F1 cross of Columbian and Indica gifted to me by Fidel Castro, or Castroman from OG years ago. He lives in Columbia and made F1 himself. F1s were very good. F2s should have many phenos that are mostly Columbian sativa.
Picked 20 good seeds for germination beginning of week...and today put 20 sprouted seeds into soil cups. Not bad germination for being stored around 15-20 years in frig.

Looking through old strains saw a Thai/Nepalese x Cambodia/Nepalese from Prairie Fire...who later became Reeferman.
Also some Nam x Nam17. and other misc wild Thai and Thai mixes from OG and Seedbay.
May try those later learning curve for growing outside in desert is complete.
Also may want to run a grow with just the Southeast asian seeds from misc sources. Many Southeast Asia plants are natural hermies.

To accompany the Cohiba outdoors have settled on Golden Tiger by Ace Seeds. Thai x Malawi
Would love to grow Willie Nelson by Reeferman.....but those seeds and Reeferman appear to be history.
Mama Thai looks and sounds nice...but it is Thai x skunk, not straight sativa.
Mangobiche by CanaBiogen looks like a great pure Columbian....but 18-20 weeks to flower outside? That may be too long for even the desert.

Peace and good Karma to all!!!

Necromancer

Necromancer

HI Jimster:
No problem with November or even December harvest....live in Southwest desert. The sativas can take all the time they want....just want to have good genetics so they will not be waste of time.
Hear that Thai, Laos, Cambodian and Vietnamese all can have similar grow patterns and potency...around 22% THC for the good stuff. However, like all mj, you have to get the good stuff that somebody selectively bred, because the wild stuff is just hemp.
Sorry people, but have to take back my offer of free Vietnamese Black seeds. Dug into my seed bank and found they were gone. Thinking must have given them to OG or Seedbay for charity auctions years ago....or just throw them away.
After dedicating a 10,000 watt HPS lamp to the two females for 6 months was VERY unhappy to end up with nice looking rope buds.
Best home made mostly sativa seeds have were F2s of Cohiba. Originals were an F1 cross of Columbian and Indica gifted to me by Fidel Castro, or Castroman from OG years ago. He lives in Columbia and made F1 himself. F1s were very good. F2s should have many phenos that are mostly Columbian sativa.
Picked 20 good seeds for germination beginning of week...and today put 20 sprouted seeds into soil cups. Not bad germination for being stored around 15-20 years in frig.

Looking through old strains saw a Thai/Nepalese x Cambodia/Nepalese from Prairie Fire...who later became Reeferman.
Also some Nam x Nam17. and other misc wild Thai and Thai mixes from OG and Seedbay.
May try those later learning curve for growing outside in desert is complete.
Also may want to run a grow with just the Southeast asian seeds from misc sources. Many Southeast Asia plants are natural hermies.

To accompany the Cohiba outdoors have settled on Golden Tiger by Ace Seeds. Thai x Malawi
Would love to grow Willie Nelson by Reeferman.....but those seeds and Reeferman appear to be history.
Mama Thai looks and sounds nice...but it is Thai x skunk, not straight sativa.
Mangobiche by CanaBiogen looks like a great pure Columbian....but 18-20 weeks to flower outside? That may be too long for even the desert.

Peace and good Karma to all!!!
I had my eyes on both those breeders for a couple years now..I wanted to pull the trigger on Panama, golden,peyote and chitral sooooo bad but.... didn't

Treecutter

Treecutter

Anyone know where to find Vietnamese Black seeds in 2020?

Only place I know of. I do have a pack of vietnamese black preservation seeds i got in a subscription pack of rare seeds. Nope not for sale. Just haven't had time to grow it

There are other strains simular from that region that are available and easier to find. Check out mafia landrace on Instagram and some of the others that are trying to collect and preserve the landrace strains.

Screenshot 20220323 131744 Photos
D

Dion1978

Only place I know of. I do have a pack of vietnamese black preservation seeds i got in a subscription pack of rare seeds. Nope not for sale. Just haven't had time to grow it

There are other strains simular from that region that are available and easier to find. Check out mafia landrace on Instagram and some of the others that are trying to collect and preserve the landrace strains.
I know you said that you would like to keep your vietnamese black, if you would like to part with a few I'd really appreciate it and hopefully a male would be in the bunch. PM me or email [email protected] and I'll buy a few from you.

Treecutter

Treecutter

I know you said that you would like to keep your vietnamese black, if you would like to part with a few I'd really appreciate it and hopefully a male would be in the bunch. PM me or email [email protected] and I'll buy a few from you.
If I breed it ill give you some. But at this time we have 3 other breeding projects going on. My space is basically full through 2022. If I can move one of our breeding projects to a tester, I might be able to get it done this year.

If I pop the vietnamese black seeds, I'll be popping the whole pack as I normally do with regs. Land race strains are pretty hard to pull a good pheno, so the whole pack gets popped. I normally pair all the males with females not culling any of them so I don't loose any pheno in the first round.

I may be able to flip, flower and pollenate, then throw them back into veg after they take pollination so I don't need to run so many rooms.

D

Dion1978

If I breed it ill give you some. But at this time we have 3 other breeding projects going on. My space is basically full through 2022. If I can move one of our breeding projects to a tester, I might be able to get it done this year.

If I pop the vietnamese black seeds, I'll be popping the whole pack as I normally do with regs. Land race strains are pretty hard to pull a good pheno, so the whole pack gets popped. I normally pair all the males with females not culling any of them so I don't loose any pheno in the first round.

I may be able to flip, flower and pollenate, then throw them back into veg after they take pollination so I don't need to run so many rooms.
I would definitely be interested if you get a chance email me d i o n g e c k at outlook.com let me know when you do that I'd be extremely interested in that keep in touch with me and we'll go from there thank you for your time

Treecutter

Treecutter

Buy a pack get a free pack of vietnamese black.

C

cek1977

Just curious if anyone can point me in the right direction to procure these seeds? Yes i know i can get a hybrid but that's not what im looking for.
I just had a friend give me some that's been in a freezer since 1970, he's grown them every year since

Top Bottom