Viparspectra KS 3000 samsung diodes and nutritional growth thru LM301h advancement

• Thread starter SSgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SSgrower

SSgrower

Morning tokers & growers! I recently signed on to Viparspectra as a "tester" of the above mentioned LED 4 bar style and I have noticed an increase in flower growth and believe it relates to the "Horticultural diodes" Viparspectra uses thru Samsung. The Bin# and many other factors are at play in these "led wars". Driver manufacturer can play a part as well. SSgrower and: stay tuned as I research these facts. There seems to be a controversy as to the specs and performance of the 301b vs 301h . the LM301b specs show 2.9 uMols and the 301h achieved 3.1 uMols. Efficiency increased with the LM301h by a measured 5% The study states the difference may be the "Bin sorting", what is this bin sorting? It states to look for the highest possible "bin".SSgrower

Last edited:
SSgrower

SSgrower

Hey V1g1glant3, welcome to the Farm, the Viparspectra KS 3000 will be delivered next Thursday. I bought a KS 2500 as we were having difficulties with the contract signing. 2500 vs Ks 3000 is 50w. less output for $100 less money output. Same diodes, same size, just 50watts for $100 more dollars, you figure it out, was it a good idea & why.SSgrower for Viparspectra

V

V1g1lant3

Morning tokers & growers! I recently signed on to Viparspectra as a "tester" of the above mentioned LED 4 bar style and I have noticed an increase in flower growth and believe it relates to the "Horticultural diodes" Viparspectra uses thru Samsung. The Bin# and many other factors are at play in these "led wars". Driver manufacturer can play a part as well. SSgrower and: stay tuned as I research these facts. There seems to be a controversy as to the specs and performance of the 301b vs 301h . the LM301b specs show 2.9 uMols and the 301h achieved 3.1 uMols. Efficiency increased with the LM301h by a measured 5% The study states the difference may be the "Bin sorting", what is this bin sorting? It states to look for the highest possible "bin".SSgrower
I wuz just wondering if you had light yet cuz you said you have noticed flower increase already.

S

Skunk_dog

Head on over to Samsung, they state it is just a Market Designation...the slight spec difference is likely due to fixture design, meaning LED placement on the board/bars...IE Vipar pushes a grouping to the outer ends to balance the center hot spot.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
Head on over to Samsung, they state it is just a Market Designation...the slight spec difference is likely due to fixture design, meaning LED placement on the board/bars...IE Vipar pushes a grouping to the outer ends to balance the center hot spot.
binning of parts is real for any electronic producer, samsung also bins Exynos processors too.. When there is a little extra money to be for the same product you can damn well believe they're gonna milk it.

even chips can have bad batches haha :)

SSgrower

SSgrower

Hey V1g1glant3, welcome to the Farm, the Viparspectra KS 3000 will be delivered next Thursday. I bought a KS 2500 as we were having difficulties with the contract signing. 2500 vs Ks 3000 is 50w. less output for $100 less money output. Same diodes, same size, just 50watts for $100 more dollars, you figure it out, was it a good idea & why.SSgrower for Viparspectra
Size is not the same for the KS3000 as it has a larger dimensions for better spectrum coverage. Why is the KS2500 smaller, probably more diodes. Why did they not size them similar for better coverage? Are companies making "Step-up" models for more "Sale Volume", this could be 1 case of just that, the more models the company has the more potential, "Potential" being the question as we discover these sales tactics.SSgrower

Top Bottom