Vivosun. anyone happy with their products?

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

im just getting into the game. that Vivosun stuff on amazon for an extremely low price was tempting and hard to say no to as a beginner who needed just the bare minimum to get started.

boy was that a mistake.

first of all, the Vivosun 6" fan I ordered barely moves any air when attached to a carbon filter. I may of got the wrong type of fan but still... money wasted on Vivosun product.

second, the Vivosun 6" carbon filter that is a month old and has only seen veg really doesnt seem all that efficient. I can still smell it sometimes. I feel like I wasted my money here.

third, the Vivosun 4" fan has such an odd, angled, triangle shaped outlet flange that the ducting barely wants to stay on. poor design.

fourth, the Vivosun dehumidifier I bought is apparently useless and only good to keep moisture out of a small underwear drawer, not a tent full of giant, green, thriving monster plants. I feel like I wasted my money here.

fifth, the Vivosun bubble hash bags. they sucked too. leaked water and material from the seams, the bags turned white when bent or hit with the stir stick. they barely fit on the buckets nicely, and came with no instructions or labeling of any bags. what color is what mesh? figure it out on your own. horrible customer service and packaging and planning. I feel like I wasted my money here.

sixth, the Vivosun jewellers loupe to look at the plants was basically useless too. extremely hard to use, and even when paired with an iphone camera zoomed in too, only got you 1 half decent pic out of 10. it was hard to tell if the trichome was cloudy or just white from the LED light of the loupe.

Seven. the Vivosun speed controller I heard was just a microswitch that turns it off and on 100x per second and is extremely hard on electronics. so now if I were to use this vivosun speed controller on a real 6" fan that I need to upgrade, it could hurt the fan?

eighth, the Vivosun PH meter.... dont even get me started on how useless that thing is. the TDS meter seems to be decent though... or maybe its just got me fooled?

nine, the vivosun smart pots. 5 gallon. one grow in them, and I can tell the lifting handles are gonna bust by the 3rd grow.

the Vivosun tent is alright so far.... I can see the zipper failing in the future.

all in all, about 8/9 of the Vivosun items I ordered are useless and a total waste of money.

cheap pays twice... I should of just ordered the good stuff right off the bat. now i got $150-200 worth of useless vivosun junk sitting here.

anyone else agree? or disagree?

BTW I have also forwarded this entire post to [email protected]. well see what they say and how they handle this. wish I could return it all and start fresh, with proper equipment.

hopefully no one makes the same mistakes I did.

Last edited:
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
The tents are ok. Mine has tons of light leaks but it’s in a closet so it doesn’t matter to me. It’s held up well over the last two years. I’ve got some scissors of theirs that are decent and a bowl trimmer. The bowl trimmer isn’t my bag. It tumbles the trics off the buds when doing wet trimming and ruined about a qp I ran through it. Luckily I was still able to use the buds for edibles but still they went into the machine looking stellar and came out looking like Mexican brick.

As for their vent fans I’ve always went with other companies for a little more money. I’m really digging terrabloom as they are brushless and dimmable from 0-100%. They do cost more but imo it’s well worth it. They also have controllers you can program for various conditions.

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

I just finished my first grow

I used a 2x3 vivosun tent and a 4in 195cfm in-line fan from them. I have 0 complaints. The fan sucked so hard thru the filter that it sucked the tent inward.

The tent had 0 light leaks. The zipper seems a little flimsy but I also grow in a Closet so not the biggest deal. But everything I’ve gotten from them worked great.
D40A6B77 70BC 4877 A6FA B87A6E229FDC

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Hmmm well I've had good experiences with my stuff but I read pretty heavily into the reviews and also expect a certain level of failure when purchasing bargain electronics. Still I'll speak to what I can:

- The tent has light leaks but overall works fine, albeit a little flimsy on the narrow diameter framing they provide
- Snipping shears are acceptable. Cheap plastic but sharp blades
- Probably their best item for me so for is the tent-pole clip-on oscillating fan (but it's ridiculously priced for a cheap fan with a clip modification)
- Plant yoyo's are fine

Everything else I saw appeared too poorly designed to purchase. Their inline fan impellers are visibly poorly constructed and there are myriad reviews about the fans blowing themselves up.

I def wouldn't have leaned in so hard on the Vivosun products but then again I made the same mistake with a dehu puchase that you did, just with a marginally larger size. I'll have to replace it also.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’ve actually got one of their 4” vent fans with dimmer that still works for one of my grow rack units.

Overall I’d say they are decent in a pinch but usually you can find a better solution for not much more money. I’d buy their grow tent again if that says anything.

CF89

CF89

I totally agree that used, second hand, brand name stuff is better than brand new vivosun equipment!!!

I wish I had gone that route but I didn’t know. Hopefully others read this thread and learn from it

randpost

randpost

Vivosun is hit and miss for me. They have so many products they offer. Keep in mind Vivo does not make anything in house and many of their products are rebranded generic items. For example, some of their air pumps. Some items they modify designs to make it their own and in rare cases they may develop and design products from scratch. Their tents are okay, air stones are okay, but I tend to stay away from their products that use electricity. In totality, their products have a high failure rate from my experience. I went through 8 of there oscillating tent pole fans and came away with a 75% failure rate. Vivo sun replaced and then ultimately refunded me without much hassle, so they stood by their product and they did discontinue that fan quickly after and released v2. I think the best product I have tried with the Vivo logo was a pair of bud trimmers, but those were just rebranded. I also have a inline fan that I took down in mid grow due to a loud squeal that started a month after owning it. It still pushes air, but the squeal was not acceptable for my in home grow area. I have yet to use a Vivosun item that plugs in that I didn't have some problems with over time. I have dozens of lights, fans, and other equipment I have the privilege of reviewing through Amazon Vine and my experience is the same with most companies that just rebrand a large percentage of their products.

Lisa22

Lisa22

Hmmm well I've had good experiences with my stuff but I read pretty heavily into the reviews and also expect a certain level of failure when purchasing bargain electronics. Still I'll speak to what I can:

- The tent has light leaks but overall works fine, albeit a little flimsy on the narrow diameter framing they provide
- Snipping shears are acceptable. Cheap plastic but sharp blades
- Probably their best item for me so for is the tent-pole clip-on oscillating fan (but it's ridiculously priced for a cheap fan with a clip modification)
- Plant yoyo's are fine

Everything else I saw appeared too poorly designed to purchase. Their inline fan impellers are visibly poorly constructed and there are myriad reviews about the fans blowing themselves up.

I def wouldn't have leaned in so hard on the Vivosun products but then again I made the same mistake with a dehu puchase that you did, just with a marginally larger size. I'll have to replace it also.
I wanted to ask you if your vivosun fan still works - I had two stop oscillating within a week of purchase. If only one had broken I would have called it bad luck - but both of them. Opened them up the gears were to small - really cheap. I then looked on Amazon and even through they no longer sell them they must have at one time as there are these reviews that tell you DONT buy them. I have had good luck with my cheap vivosun tent - it gets pin holes and I paint them but it is holding up for the really low cost.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Ive got a 8 inch inline.I cant complain so far.I have their 10x10 tent too.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Grow tent, decent for the price, lots of light leaks though. Fans are trash, the 6" works but not great, the 4" was all plastic and lasted 3 weeks before kicking the bucket. Replaced it with a hurricane cause that was my only option on short notice. Most of their products are cheaply made, not a company I trust past their tents.

ArrEll

ArrEll

im just getting into the game. that Vivosun stuff on amazon for an extremely low price was tempting and hard to say no to as a beginner who needed just the bare minimum to get started.

boy was that a mistake.

first of all, the Vivosun 6" fan I ordered barely moves any air when attached to a carbon filter. I may of got the wrong type of fan but still... money wasted on Vivosun product.

second, the Vivosun 6" carbon filter that is a month old and has only seen veg really doesnt seem all that efficient. I can still smell it sometimes. I feel like I wasted my money here.

third, the Vivosun 4" fan has such an odd, angled, triangle shaped outlet flange that the ducting barely wants to stay on. poor design.

fourth, the Vivosun dehumidifier I bought is apparently useless and only good to keep moisture out of a small underwear drawer, not a tent full of giant, green, thriving monster plants. I feel like I wasted my money here.

fifth, the Vivosun bubble hash bags. they sucked too. leaked water and material from the seams, the bags turned white when bent or hit with the stir stick. they barely fit on the buckets nicely, and came with no instructions or labeling of any bags. what color is what mesh? figure it out on your own. horrible customer service and packaging and planning. I feel like I wasted my money here.

sixth, the Vivosun jewellers loupe to look at the plants was basically useless too. extremely hard to use, and even when paired with an iphone camera zoomed in too, only got you 1 half decent pic out of 10. it was hard to tell if the trichome was cloudy or just white from the LED light of the loupe.

Seven. the Vivosun speed controller I heard was just a microswitch that turns it off and on 100x per second and is extremely hard on electronics. so now if I were to use this vivosun speed controller on a real 6" fan that I need to upgrade, it could hurt the fan?

eighth, the Vivosun PH meter.... dont even get me started on how useless that thing is. the TDS meter seems to be decent though... or maybe its just got me fooled?

nine, the vivosun smart pots. 5 gallon. one grow in them, and I can tell the lifting handles are gonna bust by the 3rd grow.

the Vivosun tent is alright so far.... I can see the zipper failing in the future.

all in all, about 8/9 of the Vivosun items I ordered are useless and a total waste of money.

cheap pays twice... I should of just ordered the good stuff right off the bat. now i got $150-200 worth of useless vivosun junk sitting here.

anyone else agree? or disagree?

BTW I have also forwarded this entire post to [email protected]. well see what they say and how they handle this. wish I could return it all and start fresh, with proper equipment.

hopefully no one makes the same mistakes I did.
I bought a 2x2x4 ft. tent, which is too small for my tastes but it works ok. I also bought a 4" Inline Fan/Filter kit, same thing...fan's a little noisy but it works..."OK". Seems to me Vivosun specializes in Low-Priced stuff, so it's OK to get you started, but you'll probably wind up Upgrading nearly everything, if you get serious about Growing. For those on a tight Budget, OK. For those who are NOT on a tight Budget: You can do better elsewhere.

I already bought a bigger tent elsewhere, and will be using it in a couple of months.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I bought a 2x2x4 ft. tent, which is too small for my tastes but it works ok. I also bought a 4" Inline Fan/Filter kit, same thing...fan's a little noisy but it works..."OK". Seems to me Vivosun specializes in Low-Priced stuff, so it's OK to get you started, but you'll probably wind up Upgrading nearly everything, if you get serious about Growing. For those on a tight Budget, OK. For those who are NOT on a tight Budget: You can do better elsewhere.

I already bought a bigger tent elsewhere, and will be using it in a couple of months.
I have a couple of vivosun tents. I've been happy with them so far. However mine also have small pinhole light leaks. Since they are in the basement behind a locked door, the pin hole light leaks have not been an issue. Priced right for my needs, and should last a long time despite those little leaks. It's value priced equipment. It works, but not what I consider top quality.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
I have a couple of vivosun tents. I've been happy with them so far. However mine also have small pinhole light leaks. Since they are in the basement behind a locked door, the pin hole light leaks have not been an issue. Priced right for my needs, and should last a long time despite those little leaks. It's value priced equipment. It works, but not what I consider top quality.
Cheaper than doing the whole room.Mines in a light free environment as well.

Pippins

Pippins

You know the saying "fool me once...." My question is, how does someone get fooled 9 times? I get it though, the allure of cheap Chinese goods is intoxicating.

sshz

sshz

Another perfect example why it pays off in the long run to spend a little more and buy a quality product as opposed to trying to save money and be disappointed in the long run. I've used some of their things over the years, with ok success.

Regarding fans, I always look for metal blades, the plastic ones never seem to move much air. It also important to keep them clean and oiled.

Last edited:
coherent

coherent

Their pruning shears are cheap on amazon and are ok. Tents and fans not so much. I've known others who had issues with both. I have a mars hydro tent that I actually expected to be low quality, but it's a ok tent for the price. Good zippers and fair quality. I think for a beginner setup the spider farmer or mars hydro tents/kits are a better option than Vivosun.

Top Bottom