Vivosun. anyone happy with their products?

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
For anyone who likes their products I noticed that almost everyday they have 3+ free products for testing on their Instagram story. It's only for people in the us though.

ArrEll

ArrEll

I have a couple of vivosun tents. I've been happy with them so far. However mine also have small pinhole light leaks. Since they are in the basement behind a locked door, the pin hole light leaks have not been an issue. Priced right for my needs, and should last a long time despite those little leaks. It's value priced equipment. It works, but not what I consider top quality.
[/QUOTE

Some of us had/have to Ease In, with our Grow efforts. Sometimes we're not sure it's going to work out, not sure if it's worth the hassle, etc. - so when we're scrolling through Amazon's website, we see the stuff, priced at the point we are WILLING to pay.
Vivosun has prices which are almost Throwaway range....if things don't go our way and they wind up like just another exercise machine in the back bedroom which no one uses (LOL), we haven't lost much. My first Vivosun tent, I've gotten three Grows out of it, and it's still in "OK" shape. I paid $55 bucks for it. I doubt I'll even try to sell it, when I switch to my bigger tent (a Mars tent which was on sale at Walmart). It'll probably wind up in the trash. But it got me started on home growing, so it was worth it to me. An Entry Level investment of Thousands is intimidating to me....but a couple hundred, total? Pah! I lose that much, playing Penny Slots.

It provided me with a degree of success so far, so now I can Commit to it. I'll never be Big Time, I'm only growing for me.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
im just getting into the game. that Vivosun stuff on amazon for an extremely low price was tempting and hard to say no to as a beginner who needed just the bare minimum to get started.

boy was that a mistake.

first of all, the Vivosun 6" fan I ordered barely moves any air when attached to a carbon filter. I may of got the wrong type of fan but still... money wasted on Vivosun product.

second, the Vivosun 6" carbon filter that is a month old and has only seen veg really doesnt seem all that efficient. I can still smell it sometimes. I feel like I wasted my money here.

third, the Vivosun 4" fan has such an odd, angled, triangle shaped outlet flange that the ducting barely wants to stay on. poor design.

fourth, the Vivosun dehumidifier I bought is apparently useless and only good to keep moisture out of a small underwear drawer, not a tent full of giant, green, thriving monster plants. I feel like I wasted my money here.

fifth, the Vivosun bubble hash bags. they sucked too. leaked water and material from the seams, the bags turned white when bent or hit with the stir stick. they barely fit on the buckets nicely, and came with no instructions or labeling of any bags. what color is what mesh? figure it out on your own. horrible customer service and packaging and planning. I feel like I wasted my money here.

sixth, the Vivosun jewellers loupe to look at the plants was basically useless too. extremely hard to use, and even when paired with an iphone camera zoomed in too, only got you 1 half decent pic out of 10. it was hard to tell if the trichome was cloudy or just white from the LED light of the loupe.

Seven. the Vivosun speed controller I heard was just a microswitch that turns it off and on 100x per second and is extremely hard on electronics. so now if I were to use this vivosun speed controller on a real 6" fan that I need to upgrade, it could hurt the fan?

eighth, the Vivosun PH meter.... dont even get me started on how useless that thing is. the TDS meter seems to be decent though... or maybe its just got me fooled?

nine, the vivosun smart pots. 5 gallon. one grow in them, and I can tell the lifting handles are gonna bust by the 3rd grow.

the Vivosun tent is alright so far.... I can see the zipper failing in the future.

all in all, about 8/9 of the Vivosun items I ordered are useless and a total waste of money.

cheap pays twice... I should of just ordered the good stuff right off the bat. now i got $150-200 worth of useless vivosun junk sitting here.

anyone else agree? or disagree?

BTW I have also forwarded this entire post to [email protected]. well see what they say and how they handle this. wish I could return it all and start fresh, with proper equipment.

hopefully no one makes the same mistakes I did.
I got a 1000w light from them and it was used before I got it. Black ends and low lux...Fk em I'll never buy another thing from them.

GimpDaddy

GimpDaddy

I have an in-line fan and a tent from them. I’m starting to feel a lot more fortunate to have so many second-hand brand name pieces of equipment...
The in-line fan does okay, but it’s not connected to a carbon filter.

the tent has pinhole sized light leaks, and is very poorly made, but it is only one I could find that was that height. I have wire rack shelves up in the tent for the lights and in-line fan. Fairly certain that flimsy tent frame would have bent under the weight, so I didn’t even bother with that headache

Zmc2021

Zmc2021

The holes in the posts for my vivosun tent are too big/reamed out so the tent isn’t stable at all and the top wiggles back and forth about 8”.

I hate it after a year.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I have used Vivosun:

400w MH bulb (works fine)

5x5 tent ( some light leaks and cheap zippers. However, it was given to me and I use it as a mother/veg tent so I’m happy with it).

Oscillation fan that clips to the tent poll (worked fine for one grow then the oscillation function broke)

I guess you get what you pay for.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

im just getting into the game. that Vivosun stuff on amazon for an extremely low price was tempting and hard to say no to as a beginner who needed just the bare minimum to get started.

boy was that a mistake.

first of all, the Vivosun 6" fan I ordered barely moves any air when attached to a carbon filter. I may of got the wrong type of fan but still... money wasted on Vivosun product.

second, the Vivosun 6" carbon filter that is a month old and has only seen veg really doesnt seem all that efficient. I can still smell it sometimes. I feel like I wasted my money here.

third, the Vivosun 4" fan has such an odd, angled, triangle shaped outlet flange that the ducting barely wants to stay on. poor design.

fourth, the Vivosun dehumidifier I bought is apparently useless and only good to keep moisture out of a small underwear drawer, not a tent full of giant, green, thriving monster plants. I feel like I wasted my money here.

fifth, the Vivosun bubble hash bags. they sucked too. leaked water and material from the seams, the bags turned white when bent or hit with the stir stick. they barely fit on the buckets nicely, and came with no instructions or labeling of any bags. what color is what mesh? figure it out on your own. horrible customer service and packaging and planning. I feel like I wasted my money here.

sixth, the Vivosun jewellers loupe to look at the plants was basically useless too. extremely hard to use, and even when paired with an iphone camera zoomed in too, only got you 1 half decent pic out of 10. it was hard to tell if the trichome was cloudy or just white from the LED light of the loupe.

Seven. the Vivosun speed controller I heard was just a microswitch that turns it off and on 100x per second and is extremely hard on electronics. so now if I were to use this vivosun speed controller on a real 6" fan that I need to upgrade, it could hurt the fan?

eighth, the Vivosun PH meter.... dont even get me started on how useless that thing is. the TDS meter seems to be decent though... or maybe its just got me fooled?

nine, the vivosun smart pots. 5 gallon. one grow in them, and I can tell the lifting handles are gonna bust by the 3rd grow.

the Vivosun tent is alright so far.... I can see the zipper failing in the future.

all in all, about 8/9 of the Vivosun items I ordered are useless and a total waste of money.

cheap pays twice... I should of just ordered the good stuff right off the bat. now i got $150-200 worth of useless vivosun junk sitting here.

BTW I have also forwarded this entire post to [email protected]. well see what they say and how they handle this. wish I could return it all and start fresh, with proper equipment.

Yeah vivosun is hit and miss. They seem to have cheap products marketed to "pro" growers and even cheaper stuff for anyone that doesnt know enough. Now i have used vivosun for a 1000w hid, 4x8 text, combined pH/TDS meter, 6 inch inline fan kit. light works great (buy better bulbs though) the tent zippers can be an issues but as long as you make sure the zipper doesnt catch on the material inside the tent it will last.

Vivosun usedto have the best customer service so wven if the products failed they were always happy to refund/replace. It seems now with the proliferation of the legal markets that they are now just trying to cash in so if you go with vivosun and then buy their cheaperstuff you get screwed. My air evac kit was 169+ and it works well. I should point out though that i had a minor emergency and just got the civosun stuff because i needed cheap replacements asap. The TDS/pH meter will fuck your grow up. be warned. their pH meter was showing 6.5 but when i used my bluelab meter it showed me that it was actually at a pH of 4.5 and the vivosun meter is now stuck at 6.95. .
I guess what im saying is, be careful.

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Cheap ass no good Mars lights,crappy vivosun 10x10.And their crappy 8 inch carbon filter and fan which has been running wide open since feb2...will grow some decent plants.....
20210510 190706
20210510 190658
20210510 190658
20210510 190706
20210510 190658
20210510 190706
lol.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Cheap ass no good Mars lights,crappy vivosun 10x10.And their crappy 8 inch carbon filter and fan which has been running wide open since feb2...will grow some decent plants.....View attachment 1124233View attachment 1124235View attachment 1124235View attachment 1124233View attachment 1124235View attachment 1124233lol.
Not bad. Which mars light? I reviewed a mars tsw2000 over a 3x3 area and it grew nice nugs. The newer mars FC series can be decent if you only get the FC3000 or the FC4800. For some dumb fucking reason mars decided that only those 2 models should have UV diodes and the more expensive, higher wattage models shouldnt. But upon close inspection there are only 4 freaking UV diodes on the fc3000. But the fc4800 is roughly between 900-1000 canadian dollars. Anyways sorry i drifted there im a little medicated right now. Plants look good

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Not bad. Which mars light? I reviewed a mars tsw2000 over a 3x3 area and it grew nice nugs. The newer mars FC series can be decent if you only get the FC3000 or the FC4800. For some dumb fucking reason mars decided that only those 2 models should have UV diodes and the more expensive, higher wattage models shouldnt. But upon close inspection there are only 4 freaking UV diodes on the fc3000. But the fc4800 is roughly between 900-1000 canadian dollars. Anyways sorry i drifted there im a little medicated right now. Plants look good
I use TS3000s i have 4. theyve been flawless so far.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Vivosun is complete shit

Everything ive purchased.of theirs has been shit quality
Yeah the only thing they DID have going for them was their amazing customer service. But that was back when they were new to the market and tried really hard to keep their customers happy.

Im guessing that whether its from an increase in sales, complacency, or they just figure theyve been around long enough and have good enough value that people will keep going back to them anyways. Dickbags.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Their grow bags work but I wouldn't leave my house with their electronics plugged in.
Ive been using one of their digital 1KW ballasts for over 2 years now and it works great. Obviously i had to replace the vivosun hps bulb but ive been running it woth hortilux hps with no problems. Its days are numbered though as its getting replaced with a 720 TRUE watt full spectrum LED NOT made by vivosun LOL

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

boy was that a mistake.

First of all, I would expect that most everyone knows that Chinese made products are mostly crap, but sometimes you'll find something that works good and lasts for awhile. I have purchased a lot of stuff that is Vivosun. A couple of their tents I bought had some small flaws, after an email and a picture or two I was refunded all of my money for those tents and got to keep them. I have had several fans from them and again after an email or two I got my money refunded....I didn't even have to ask, they just gave it back. They have the best customer service I have ever seen from any company. I like their tents for the most part.....I bought a Gorilla tent last year and I must say the Vivosun tents are much better than the Gorilla tent, I stopped using the Gorilla tent because the zippers sucked and it was just a PITA to open and close.
I now have many free items from Vivosun because of their quick and easy refunds. As with anything made in China, there will be JUNK, but at least for me the junk ended up being free!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Cheap ass no good Mars lights,crappy vivosun 10x10.And their crappy 8 inch carbon filter and fan which has been running wide open since feb2...will grow some decent plants.....View attachment 1124233View attachment 1124235View attachment 1124235View attachment 1124233View attachment 1124235View attachment 1124233lol.
Nice job with the cheap equipment. I'm all for cheap, I use panda plastic walls, with old bathroom fans for intake & exhaust, I use a vapourizer for a humidifier, old ice cream & vegetable oil pots to grow in. used $4 fans from buy and sell shops & t5's for vegging . All the cheap stuff Vivosun sells will work for a short time I guess but with the poor quality build how long does it last. If you'll need to replace equipment every couple of grows or less wtf. I have a 2 year old 1000w hps lamps with more intensity than a brand new Vivososun. I still have that new lamp, it's useless to me I'm not wasting 2 months to grow with a dim bulb.... $65 for a piece of shit lamp or $125 for a good one....I tried to go cheap that cost me $65 + $125 for 1 good light. Fkem!

Planewreck

Planewreck

A Nobody.
Supporter
Nice job with the cheap equipment. I'm all for cheap, I use panda plastic walls, with old bathroom fans for intake & exhaust, I use a vapourizer for a humidifier, old ice cream & vegetable oil pots to grow in. used $4 fans from buy and sell shops & t5's for vegging . All the cheap stuff Vivosun sells will work for a short time I guess but with the poor quality build how long does it last. If you'll need to replace equipment every couple of grows or less wtf. I have a 2 year old 1000w hps lamps with more intensity than a brand new Vivososun. I still have that new lamp, it's useless to me I'm not wasting 2 months to grow with a dim bulb.... $65 for a piece of shit lamp or $125 for a good one....I tried to go cheap that cost me $65 + $125 for 1 good light. Fkem!
I dont see the tent failing.If you honkey hack the zippers with bees wax they work better than smooth.Light leaks?Its in a blacked out room.The fan ive been told would fail in the first two months....lol..honky hack time again....i cut the cheap ass controller out of the cord and just run it wide open...sorta eliminated the source of failure.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

boy was that a mistake.

Wow,sounds like either they make terrible products or you have terrible luck! I have theyre fabric bags from last yr. So far theyve held up but only did one grow with them,was gonna reuse this yr. I also ordered their seedling heat mat & just starting using today,I let you know if that craps out.

Jaspercane

Jaspercane

Yes Ive had some problems. I bought two of their 600w HPS One I used immediately the other had to wait until new seeds arrived which took a month. Hooked the 2nd one up and the ballast died after 5 days. It was over 30 days (Amazon Warranty) but they gave me a one-time over warranty return. I reordered another same day. The replacement works fine so far and the first light works excellent also but the ballast has gone to whining loudly but otherwise working fine but since plants are in veg Im only using 400 watts. Im concerned the whining may be a warning. I contacted Vovosun directly and they replied wanting the invoice number just waiting to see it they think it is an issue and will do anything about it. The whining doesnt bother me since its in a dedicated grow room I just hope it doesnt go out. Other than that they are kickass lights for the money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom