Voodoo juice is septic tank cleaner...?

• Thread starter inurmum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mellokitty

I use some AN products including Voodoo juice and I don't know many growers who's roots and plants look as healthy as mine.

that's funny, i use my morals to avoid giving my hard-earned money to douchebags, and to avoid having a superiority complex against my colleagues.

M

MediMary

thats very interesting, I remember JK saying something like that, lets see if I can find it in my subscriptions.

Edit,

well not quite, guess it was for cleaning, my bad

I

inurmum

My intention was not to rag on Advanced Nutrients, as i have been using them for a while. but i have certainly noticed that their claims of higher yields to any other company are sort of biased, and although the quality has been really good, i have given close friends the same strain clones that i have been using, Blockhead, and although i yield more per light, the quality seems the same, for a lot cheaper. a friend uses general hydroponics successfully, producing really nice product, another uses optimum, and yields are very close if not at par with mine.
up until now, i use sensigrow and bloom, b-52, nirvana, sweet(by botanicare) tarantula, piranha, voodoo, hygrozyme, big bud, overdrive and final phase.
i am seriously considering switching brands entirely to try something new, because it is literally several hundred dollars in nutes to run a few lights.
the ph ppm perfect 'system' is good for those who cant be bothered to test, but out of habit and not trusting, i ph and ec everytime anyways. its always pretty close.
i grow in coco, and use cal mag as well. i co2 for as long as i can without refilling my 20 lb. tank each harvest, usually make it 3 weeks through veg then first 1-2 weeks of flower.

i am considering house and garden, no particular reason other then it seems to have a great name around these forums and is not too pricey.

to stay on the topic of beneficial bacteria, i wanted to know if it would be unwise to use root excelurator along with beneficial bacteria and/or fungus. to my understanding, root excelurator is inducing release of hormones, where bacterial and fungal supplementing forms a symbiotic relationship with the roots, both helping eachother out.
my question is, is both beneficial bacteria and fungus root stimulation AND a product like root excelurator too much for the plant, or would they work well together?

S

Sci-fi

The work great together. H&G recommends using a mycro product like Great White but i suggest getting it from MycoGrow.xxx since its 1/20 th. the price and the exact same thing.

W

wantaknow

i have ofet said that rid x is a great soil less adment soil too for that matter it simply breaks down the protiens so the plants can absorb them

M

Motherhugger

hello
i am new to the forum and have been growing for a few years now. i came across some information that deeply upset me, as i felt i have been misled, and have done some research to find that the strains used in voodoo juice are the same strains used in bacterial septic tank cleaners. it has also come to my attention that Fungi Perfecti offers something that combines piranha and tarantula in one for a lot cheaper, called mycogrow.
the reason this bothers me is because i feel taken by the hydro store i frequent, the great marketing campaigns of advanced nutrients and my own ignorance. i am hoping someone can discredit what i am proposing but i feel as though, looking back on my relationship with advanced nutrients, i have been taken for a ride.

ps, pls respond with courtesy, as i would only present info to fellow growers in a courteous manner

Really? Let's think this one through.

Even if there are some bacteria that are in Voodoo Juice that are in septic cleaner, that doesn't make them the same thing. The intestinal tract has bacteria in it too, does that mean I should rip out my intestines to grow better weed?

I think this is a bit of a big leap, in my opinion. Though it sounds like a newbie might be easily swayed by this sort of scare tactic, you might want to stop jumping to these sorts of conclusions.

It's a little too big of a jump. I would suggest instead that you look at septic cleaner and other nutes and compare the labels side by side. Chances are good that if you did a bit more research, you'd notice that what you heard is an overexaggeration. Like many things that you read.

It all goes back to doing research for yourself first before you assume everything is a trick or that everything is right.

Personally, I like using Voodoo Juice in my grows. It's made a significant difference in my harvests, and I doubt that a tank cleaner would have done the same. LOL

M

MediMary

maybe ill give it whirl on a single plant, i like experiments:)

reading this morning apparently there are 4 main types of drain cleaners,

Caustic drain cleaners
Oxidizing drain cleaners
Acid drain cleaners
Microbial drain cleaners

something like this may be a good choice

The question is, do these products contain anything other the benefical microbes, ie some type of cleaning agent etc...

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

I heard this exact thing from a rep in a hydro shop not long ago. I believe it is some kind sold at Home Depot... I've been using a granular innoculant lately called Mykos. It's straight raw mycorrhyzae, from the company that supplies the shit to Great White and whatnot. Very cheap and effective

jammie

jammie

jammie what all can u use LAB for?

for complete details google"probiotics" or " lacto bacillus". essentially its a beneficial bacteria that can be used in soil or hydro. some people drink it

dextr0

dextr0

good post venom i was just about to post the SCD link up, but blaze did there. Gotta go check that out, just had to say thanx.

iamgrowerman

iamgrowerman

This is stupid.

Supposing that there were a few strains in common between the two products, so what? Bacteria as so widely varied that even two bacteria with the same name are not always (or even usually) alike in what they do. There's incredible variation within each species. You have to be MUCH more specific than anyone's label information to really define what is being used.

Furthermore, there's the issue of what's safe. The people making septic tank cleaners don't care about how safe it is for human consumption because no one should be drinking out of the septic tank anyway. You're going to smoke your plants, so it is of paramount importance whether what you put in your reservoir is safe. Look up the price difference on any food-safe and the non food-safe version. It always costs more for food-safe.

It's important. Doubly so for smoking compared to ingestion because smoking something completely bypasses most of the body's defenses against germs and such.

M

MediMary

This is stupid.

Why...

Supposing that there were a few strains in common between the two products, so what? Bacteria as so widely varied that even two bacteria with the same name are not always (or even usually) alike in what they do. There's incredible variation within each species. You have to be MUCH more specific than anyone's label information to really define what is being used.

Furthermore, there's the issue of what's safe. The people making septic tank cleaners don't care about how safe it is for human consumption because no one should be drinking out of the septic tank anyway.

You are lumping, caustic drain cleaners, oxidizing drain cleaners, acid drain cleaners & microbial drain cleaners all into one, most microbial drain cleaners are advertised to be 100% safe for the environment and non toxic.
I am not saying to run out and buy microbial drain cleaner in replace of beneficial microbes, but until you confirm the ingredients and try it on some plants to call the discussion stupid, seems to me for lack of a better word, rather stupid!

Buying great white mycorrhizal at what 50 bucks for 4 ounces, call a local greenhouse/local farmer they generally get 50 pound bags of mycorrhizal for 100 bucks.

:)

M

MediMary

I looked up drainbos msds, it says its non toxic if ingested in small amounts, now folks use Zone all the time which is chloramine( I believe).
Compare the drainbo msds to the chloramine msds, seems the drain cleaner would be a lot safer to use.

http://msds.chem.ox.ac.uk/CH/chloramine.html

M

mrbong73

Much better alternative to voodoo juice or septic cleaner.
Some fresh earthworm castings will give you all the "beneficial bacteria" you could ever want.
You can take 3/4 cup of this mother culture and make 1 gallon AEM (activated EM) by mixing in some molasses and water and let it ferment for a week or three.
A gallon will last you way longer than the shelf life of about a month. But you can use it all over your house.
Cheers

I

inurmum

hello all!
okay, so i got lucky with the first company i called. i have been harassing a few others, and it seems although they market bacterial cleaners, they are unwilling to provide info.
also, i REALLY wanted the strains for a local cleaner sold everywhere, by CLR, and the genus pseudomonas seems to be what its mainly comprised of. i read it through a few times, very interesting.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5980747.html

i dont understand why people would dismiss this idea after contemplating the discussion;

voodoo juice breaks down organic matter;

bacterial septic tank cleaner breaks down organic matter.

im still on it, and have been using CLR septic tank cleaner on a few clones at roughly 1 ml to 8 litres for over a week now. going well so far. still looking for more basillus strain based septic tank cleaners.

also, the CLR bacterial septic tank cleaner i have opened is the same color as my voodoo juice, i bluish coolaid color, same consistency and same sort of odor, although from the patent clearly lacking in the diversity of strains of the newly formulated voodoo.

The Joker

The Joker

There is a british grower who uses a pond cleaner instead of Hygrozyme.

I've been using compost teas made from worm castings, kelp etc. About 30 bucks to make the bubbling bucket. About 30 bucks to buy enough ingredients to make many gallons of tea and the tea is diluted 2 or 3 cups per 5 gallons. I probably have enough to make tea for 1 year and I also use it on my landscape. Gazillion microbes after 48 hours.
I would not add it to a hydro system though.

Top Bottom