Waldo Fire

• Thread starter Melizzard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
manitoid.

manitoid.

Things are looking pretty optimistic today, rain definitely helped yesterday and there wasn't much spread. Looks like we'll be getting more today, hopefully no issues with thunder.

overheard on the radio - "It's an awesome day for firefighting"

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Thanks. I watched the rain snuff out the Boulder fire yesterday, just got another dousing today.

outwest

K

kolah

It's raining here, winds from the west, it should push into Springs area....I hope. Thundering like a SOB too though. Chickenman Parade may be cancelled.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
It's raining here, winds from the west, it should push into Springs area....I hope. Thundering like a SOB too though. Chickenman Parade may be cancelled.

The parade never ends...

Melizzard

Melizzard

Woodland Park is now evacuating. Melissa will probably have to high-tail it. Damn.

It raining lightly here with thunder and lightning but blowing terribly and headed towards the Springs.

Nope we are in the county and on pre-evac notice. But they have increased containment by 10% thank God. Might get by unscathed ... But I am still 3 hrs from medical care and I am in too precarious a position to be that far out. Need 24 open soonest!

S

SoCoMMJ

During the evacuation traffic was completely gridlocked. We decided it safer at the house than stuck on the road. Once traffic opened up we drove out with the few things that were worthy of hauling. Since we were already behind the barriers we decided to do a bit of recon before leaving the area. We drove up Allegheny to the top of the hill just east of Centennial Blvd. When we crested the top of the hill, the most terrifying sight I had ever laid eyes upon was set before me. EVERYTHING in my entire field of view was on fire. It's was one of those scenes that you continue to replay even days later by simply closing your eyes.

Even though we were not in immediate danger[by a guy's measure] the significant other was absolutely freaking out. Apparently she does not do well with fear :) . So we left very quickly. The scene was similar to what you see at 2:00 or so into this video only much much bigger. The fires had burned way down when this was shot.

While our house is fine, our hearts go out to those that have lost their lives and their homes. So sad...

manitoid.

manitoid.

Nope we are in the county and on pre-evac notice. But they have increased containment by 10% thank God. Might get by unscathed ... But I am still 3 hrs from medical care and I am in too precarious a position to be that far out. Need 24 open soonest!

Let me know if you need anything, I'm in the area in a safe zone and have friends in medical care.

S

SatansSon

Damn. My heart is heavy n humbled by all this loss. We don't have a lot but so much more than what these poor fire victims have. I've got a lot family near by that are crazy but really good folks and have pledged to help people get over this anyway we can be it MJ related financial or sweat equity. Hang tough.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Im still reeling from this whole experience. Im very proud to see my community come together the way they have. Well except for the reports of looting i am seeing now.. seriously how fucking low do you have to be to kick someone when there down like that...

K

kolah

I heard that Barack O'Hitler flew in to observe the fire. Hopefully he's gone after dong his bullshit PR work. And hopefully took his nazi enforcers with him. I wonder if he muttered "You're doing helluva job, Brownie"

Melizzard

Melizzard

Well at least he has now approved some federal resources to help us out. We sure didn't have time for the dog and pony show but we did get some $$.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I ran across this yesterday and feel its very on point.
"Guess Obama had a no win situation today. Come visit the fire and be judged for capitalizing on our tragedy for votes. Don't come, and be judged as an asshole who doesn't care about our plight. Or the truth, the man was here doing the job every President would hopefully do. Visit a disaster, survey the damage, commend those fighting the fire, and offer support." (author unknown)

sky high

sky high

Bravo, jeffadies. You may have just resurrected this thread after that earlier Godwin moment...

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I just thought it was a great perspective.

K

kolah

I think anyone could watch the videos and get a sense of reality to the seriousness and extent of the fire. Even Barack O'Bummer. And maybe save a few million dollars of expenses for shuffling in the Head Honcho and his security team of goonies. The King has about 100 advisors that should be able to report back to him without the PR game but I understand that the sheeple expect different.

To each his own, though. I like reading all the opinions, even ones I don't agree with. Try it some time. You don't have to hate someone for what they say or believe. For some, it's easier to hate than to love.

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
I meant no ill will toward ya kolah. I strongly believe in the to each his own theory.

K

kolah

I know. None taken, Jeff! I often find it better to generalize and keep it non-personal as much as possible. I do think your quoted post was spot-on as the majority of folks expected I'll-Bombya to make an appearance....and if he didn't, they be upset. As you know I am a minority and a freedom freak who dislikes bad government. I am pro good government though. If that's even possible these days.

My thinking is more on the lines that after 2 or 3 days into the blaze (and once it started taking out houses) that he should had "called in the troops" and got things rolling....and not waited a week later. And a "visit" really was not needed and again at probably millions of tax dollar expenses. ie Just look at how they handed Katrina. What a disgrace.

Top Bottom