walking in to a hydro store

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

when you walk into a hydro store to purchase things u need for your grow if they ask you well what are you growing what do you tell them if you can not tell them your growing cannabis ?

Ina

Ina

when you walk into a hydro store to purchase things u need for your grow if they ask you well what are you growing what do you tell them if you can not tell them your growing cannabis ?
last time for me it was roses.....Sometimes its tomatoes......Yes,depends on the place,in the local growshop they dont bother to ask because its obvious,its usually some curious lady in the garden nursery that asks:)

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I don't tell them shit. They are sales people. Know what you want to get before you go in or get hundreds of dollars worth of shit you don't need. Very seldom have I ever got good advice from hydro store people. Always ask yourself this. "Why would good weed growers be working for a hydro shop?"

They are a good source of info for stuff like "this brand of light has had a ton of warranties on it" ect like that. But even then that's taken with a grain of salt. Window shopping in a hydro store will do you no good. Do research before hand and make a list.

I'm usually the guy that pisses them off when I say "Hey man don't buy those 9 bottles of GH he is trying to sell you buy this 1 bottle of Nova or this Maxi Bloom"

If I had a dollar for everytime one of them tried to get me to buy Canna or Cyco ........

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Depends where you live, I'm really lucky on Vancouver island. Most hydro shops here also sell cannabis seeds and you can even order clones from a few of them. And most of them actually give pretty decent advice. They're all growers themselves and like to help people succeed in my experience. The main place I go to, the owner is always talking people out of buying unnecessary things. Theyve got a basic lineup of media and nutrients and few bells and whistles. They're a popular shop because there is no BS.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Always ask yourself this. "Why would good weed growers be working for a hydro shop?"

I'm usually the guy that pisses them off when I say "Hey man don't buy those 9 bottles of GH he is trying to sell you buy this 1 bottle of Nova or this Maxi Bloom"

If I had a dollar for everytime one of them tried to get me to buy Canna or Cyco ........

Funny story, everyone here used to buy from the same shop, it was ran out of an office front by my buddy who only started the business so that they could wholesale purchase supplies for their own operations lol.

That store closed when they became enormously wealthy..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I seen the title and though it was the first line of a joke.

There is one guy at my hydro store that I would says is pretty knowledgeable. The others are well... Let's just call them different.

Flogrown66

Flogrown66

I was at my local Tru value hardware for a bag of rapid rooters they always stock. There were none so i asked the lady if they had some in the back, she said oh what r u growing,i said ...tomatoes ( she seemed impressed that i was cloning tomatoes and when another customer asked her why her tomatoes were turning watery inside, i just knew what was next. She goes"ohh luckily we have a tomatoe expert in the house" ...i just recently watched a Dr. Harley Smiths videos and he was talkin about overwatering and mentioned that tomatoes get all watery inside when overwatered. I pretty much impressed everyone with my knowlege of vegtables...or is it fruit? Lol

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I was at my local Tru value hardware for a bag of rapid rooters they always stock. There were none so i asked the lady if they had some in the back, she said oh what r u growing,i said ...tomatoes ( she seemed impressed that i was cloning tomatoes and when another customer asked her why her tomatoes were turning watery inside, i just knew what was next. She goes"ohh luckily we have a tomatoe expert in the house" ...i just recently watched a Dr. Harley Smiths videos and he was talkin about overwatering and mentioned that tomatoes get all watery inside when overwatered. I pretty much impressed everyone with my knowlege of vegtables...or is it fruit? Lol
thats so funny

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Anyone here old enough to remember operation green merchant? Scary times. I used to drive two hours, park the car then take a cab to the store.
I remember operation green Merchant I shopped at a participant in that sting called Worm's Way in Worcester Massachusetts during that period Believe me I remember it well, not fun times

Ps. Worm's Way is still there, don't know if it has new owners or not but nobody should ever shop them or any Worm's Way franchises just my opinion

dire wolf

dire wolf

Last time I went into a grow shop in Vermont , they gave me a bag of free seeds , the time before that I did the " park your car " a 15 min walk away for fear of being seen walking out with a giant magnetic ballast ....
15 years between visits ......

Smokecorleone415

Smokecorleone415

Last time I went into a grow shop in Vermont , they gave me a bag of free seeds , the time before that I did the " park your car " a 15 min walk away for fear of being seen walking out with a giant magnetic ballast ....
15 years between visits ......

the good ole days of having to bring equipment in when the world is sleeping lol times have certainly changed

Latest posts

Top Bottom