Wanting more frost on the Buds

• Thread starter WildCajun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WildCajun

Hello ,i have grown these 2 strains 3 generations now ,Super Skunk and Critical,I am happy with all 3 harvest but i would loke to kick up the frost on the girls ,what would be a good additive to do this when to start and how much ,Thanks Happy Farming Cajun:character0053:

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Yeah, genetics and temps are crucial, along with a list of other parameters...
But genetics is key! Try some sensi star or rockbud from soma as they are easily available...Many other frosters out there...

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

gradually dropping temps in flower and raising lights gradually starting week 6-finish seems to help me out the most.

B

bentley

I foliar spray until week 4 of flower then add it to the Rez every other feeding and I think it's worth it i stopped for a cycle and noticed a differance with the same strain so now I'm using it again my jack the ripper from my last harvest was 1 of the frostiest nugs I've gotten

B

bentley

A friend of mine grows the same white widow cut I got and he uses bloombastic with good results he feeds them from week 5-7 I think

lazarus718

lazarus718

gradually dropping temps in flower and raising lights gradually starting week 6-finish seems to help me out the most.
I'll second on raising the lights...thought it through a little more on my current grow. I used to keep the lights as close as I possibly could throughout my grows but this time I decided to back them off more once the plants hit Week 3. My idea is that the trichs will be damaged by the heat from that light and it will limit the growth of them onto the sugar leafs. I have frosty, sticky plants. I love my plants. Back the lights off. And use molasses.

Q

QCweedisbetter

70%genetics 30%suplements snowstorm from humbolt is the bomb i also spray bud x factor along with others as a foliar spray

dankworth

dankworth

SAR reactions from B-1, and of course the salicylic acid/chitosan combo will absolutely make your weed frost up and stink more. I have experienced this firsthand.
And products that contain triacontanol(like MOAB) will do the same thing.
You can get lots of triacontanol from alfalfa tea. I did. It is fun to play with.
There is a product called Banana Manna. I think at this point it may contain a product called methyl jasmonate, which is an inferior form of some harder-to-get jasmonate product that causes even more frosting. I am not sure if Banana Manna has that ingredient or something else, but it absolutely produces a more potent product when I use it weeks 7&8 of a 9 week cycle.
This is all, of course, after one addresses environment and nutrition.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Thanks for the info dank. I learned somethings about my own arsenal of nutes that I'm already using.

Funtcas3

Funtcas3

UVB Bulbs. But be careful with those bulbs...dont want to be exposed to it for long periods. The UV will make the plants want to protect themselves from the harmful rays and produce more trichs to shield itself.

O

Organicyumyum

grow your plant in optimum conditions and give it love. that and start with good genetics and organic nutrients. if you do these things you will be rewarded with the frostiest nugs you can find. you do not need to give your plant some "miracle" nutrient. start with a good soil and use a good base nutrient and you will have extremely frosty buds. dont manhandle your plants! don't miss waterings! dont let your room get too hot! and like they said above, if you have a 600 watt it must be at least 18 inches above the plants. more for strains like o.g.

X

xsvthoughts

UVB Bulbs. But be careful with those bulbs...dont want to be exposed to it for long periods. The UV will make the plants want to protect themselves from the harmful rays and produce more trichs to shield itself.

x2

Sunpulse 10k comes to mind....

are there any other 10k bulbs on the market?

click80

click80

70%genetics 30%suplements snowstorm from humbolt is the bomb i also spray bud x factor along with others as a foliar spray

If you want a good read on Bud Factor X and how it is the replacement (supposedly) for Scorpion Juice read this thread....there is info into something that may, among other things, be a helluva Bloom/Crystal booster. Here is a link to the thread

it has some great information on some of the ingredients in Bud X like chitosan, salicylic acid and it also has a recipe to make it yourself, but also brings up some info about something called The Harpin Protein and how it induces Systemic Acquired Resistance.

The Harpin Alpha Beta protein stimulates a hell of a SAR in plants. This protein which is sold for use as a foliar spray definitely got me interested, I have done a lot of reading on the results commercial ag farmers have gotten and I am going to be trying this soon. The thread is four pages long but well worth the read....

If you just want to read up on the Harpin Protein go here
http://www.planthealthcare.com/Ag/Overview/Harpin/Discovery

...or here

And here is a place here in the states that sells it...I don't think you can get it shipped to Cali though...

I would love to know if anyone has heard about this and if it will boost crystal production....

hope i am not thread jacking I think this is related though.

dankworth

dankworth

x2

Sunpulse 10k comes to mind....

are there any other 10k bulbs on the market?

Yes there are. Ushio I believe, and others.
Thanks for the input and links click80. I have not used harpin protein. I have only used Scorpion Juice before, and aspirin in the res.

Top Bottom