Warehouse Grower's

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I will be shutting down a couple modular units I have loaded and am considering moving things to a commercial location.
What kind of advice do you commercial warehouse growers have when looking for a location?
Do you disclose your work with proper documentation?
Or just lease it and go for it?...

-GL

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
GOtta watch out for the fire dept!

I am in the midst of this dilemna. A few people around here have been busted because the FD came to do a checkup. If they think someone is in the building and nobody answers, they will be suspicious.

Here they do inspections in April, so I will have 4 runs a year and shut down in mid March just to be safe. I will only have 12 plants under 2 scripts LOL but I always say better safe than sorry.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Cap, ive been told that alot of little cities heavy in comercial spacing and areas in incorporated county dont have the yearly fire inspections, but this issue has held me from taking the plunge aswell.
confu

organicozarks

organicozarks

I have experienced the Fire Department inspections first hand. They get in by saying they are checking to make sure you have a fire extinguisher. They check that it is still good, and when it is good til. Also they want to come in and check the placement of the extinguisher.

What the fuck ever with that shit. They are just trying to catch people doing something illegal.

Bitches be trippin'! :)

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Fuck it with 12 plants they can call the cops if they want to. I plan on having no plants when the inspection is due though.

Great info, thanks Cap!

Wondering, though, how people approach landlords or property managers? What makes a space ideal?

I generally run WAY over my plant count but would certainly revamp if I went this route.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I'm interested in the same thing. for the FD you can ask other renters in the complex or even the owner to figure out when they are coming and how they do it. Around here they only come to inspect if there is a real biz. 'Storage' does not need to be inspected ;-)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Just contact the fire department if you want to know when they'll be doing inspections.
GOtta watch out for the fire dept!

I am in the midst of this dilemna. A few people around here have been busted because the FD came to do a checkup. If they think someone is in the building and nobody answers, they will be suspicious.

Here they do inspections in April, so I will have 4 runs a year and shut down in mid March just to be safe. I will only have 12 plants under 2 scripts LOL but I always say better safe than sorry.

Hey, one of my brothers-in-law is a captain with L.A. Co. fire. You need I'mma hook you up with a good guy? Truly, I know he's cool with it all.
I have experienced the Fire Department inspections first hand. They get in by saying they are checking to make sure you have a fire extinguisher. They check that it is still good, and when it is good til. Also they want to come in and check the placement of the extinguisher.

What the fuck ever with that shit. They are just trying to catch people doing something illegal.

Bitches be trippin'! :)
Honestly, not in my experience with firefighters in many other capacities. I know that many get high, even. They're not police, they're not interested in issues with the law unless they see that someone is or may get hurt. They prefer to avoid going out on unnecessary calls, truly.

Camdawg

Camdawg

I'm interested in the same thing. for the FD you can ask other renters in the complex or even the owner to figure out when they are coming and how they do it. Around here they only come to inspect if there is a real biz

. 'Storage' does not need to be inspected ;-)
Is that true for cali? The storage not needing inspection?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Just contact the fire department if you want to know when they'll be doing inspections.

Hey, one of my brothers-in-law is a captain with L.A. Co. fire. You need I'mma hook you up with a good guy? Truly, I know he's cool with it all.
Honestly, not in my experience with firefighters in many other capacities. I know that many get high, even. They're not police, they're not interested in issues with the law unless they see that someone is or may get hurt. They prefer to avoid going out on unnecessary calls, truly.

Yes. But I am in LA county and it is not city of LA.

G

greendarknight

Yes. But I am in LA county and it is not city of LA.

Doesn't Los Angeles use Los Angeles County Fire for the entire county vs. police where there are Sheriffs like in Compton and municipal police in Hermosa Beach, etc.?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Doesn't Los Angeles use Los Angeles County Fire for the entire county vs. police where there are Sheriffs like in Compton and municipal police in Hermosa Beach, etc.?

No man here it's the city fire dept that does yearly inspections on all places of business.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

How do you claim it as storage? Is just not having a business license sufficient?
those are two different approaches.q
1: biz lic and however you want to play that.:

2: tell the landlord u need storage for stuff. cars, parts, shipping containers etc. so when they come to do check theres no need to look at ur spot cause its not being actively used for a biz.

I'm going to be in the market for one next year so but dont currently rent space. I have seen on CL many spots advertised as storage under commerical space that could be used to go big. I may be able to swing someone to purchase commercial space, that would be excellent! all I can say for advice is be patient looking for a spot.

curious to quiz any one who is renting commercial space.

FiveAM

FiveAM

storage, so you need a good story for the electric bill then? not to poke holes here.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

got to make sure thats separate of course. some landlords tell u take care of it yourself others tie it in to your rent bill as a courtesy.

edit: ideal situation is pay rent and pge separate.

Top Bottom