Warehouse setup

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I wanted to do a striclty legal medical op at an industrial space i just rented. i want to frame a 20x30 room in it but am under the impression from my landlord (who is mmj friendly) i have to call the fire marshall in for an inspection if i build any structure within the unit. What would be the best way to go about this as i am completely legit but still feel a little hesitant of having anyone come in whatsoever. Any input is appreciated thanks guys n gals

kushluvr

kushluvr

well, you need to ask the landlord if he can keep it quiet, unless the city is ok with it and just wants to make sure it up to code! which some do..

the city doesnt need to inspect any business they are not aware of....catch my drift! so if it doesnt look like there is a business going on there, then they usually dont ask, the landlord can say its just an empty unit if they ask!

hope this helps and good luck

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Ya my landlord is really cool and laid back and is already schooled to say i use it for storage if ever asked. My city is cool with mmj but like i said id rather noone know its there to begin with legal or not. So if i just say im using it for storage i never have to get the unit inspected? Even if i have one or two 5 ton air conditioners outside my unit?

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Noone with any input? A little more info.. the ac units could be placed on the roof out of sight and my unit does not have any fire sprinklers.. im in cali does anyone know if they will still inspect annually if its used for "storage". Please someone help I dont want to start building an end up having to tear it down an pay out the ass for a pro contractor. Thanks yall..

K

kushtrees

Multiple rooms staggered pulls, much easier than one huge room every now and then

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Fire marshall comes once a year after the initial "Certificate of Occupancy" walk thru for your specific unit ..the building inspector and code compliance are the ones that come on the front end and you can build out all your rooms and everything and get inspected before you move any plants in there. Electrial work and the electrical inspection is the real bitch, gettin shit to code can be pricey and I can assure you that tossin a couple a/c on the roof ain't goin to be code...a liscensed installation will probably be required

10 x 10 rooms work much better IMO, 4-6k per room

Kief Moon

Kief Moon

Multiple rooms staggered pulls, much easier than one huge room every now and then
10 x 10 rooms work much better IMO, 4-6k per room

I understand why it would be easier to manage smaller rooms and harvests but that means much more equipment, correct? How do you set up and monitor the rooms? Do you use CO2?

Around here saying the building is being used for storage seems to work well.

squiggly

squiggly

Build the unit, get the inspection done.

By the book or not at all dude. You need to keep your level of deniability high, because let's face it--this is spooky legal territory no matter where you are or how you flip the coin.

If you don't follow code at even ONE turn--they will use that as a justification to throw the book at you.

As you probably know, they'll throw the book at you without that--so don't give them a reason.

Call the Marshall in--he doesn't need to know what the structure is for. Tell him you're curing meats.

K

kushtrees

for huge rooms you will have more difficulties keeping the environment the same throughout the room. You dont want micro climates within your room.

It does mean more equipment, but its also smaller equipment which isnt as expensive. Though if you are equipping a warehouse cost shouldnt be an issue because as tex said its NOT cheap to build up to code.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Coral farming and fish breeding is a good explanation for all the rooms and electrical. I know guys that actually do it and they use a lot of the same shit we do.

Don't say anything food related as it will lead to a health department inspection on top of the others.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

get the inspections done, get it done to code. cutting corners is the best way to get cut out.

squiggly

squiggly

Coral farming and fish breeding is a good explanation for all the rooms and electrical. I know guys that actually do it and they use a lot of the same shit we do.

Don't say anything food related as it will lead to a health department inspection on top of the others.

Great advice.

R

ReCway

Noone with any input? A little more info.. the ac units could be placed on the roof out of sight and my unit does not have any fire sprinklers.. im in cali does anyone know if they will still inspect annually if its used for "storage". Please someone help I dont want to start building an end up having to tear it down an pay out the ass for a pro contractor. Thanks yall..

Alot of warehouse space is leased out for storage. The one Im looking into the LandLord said hes cool with MMJ and will list the space as Storage if Fire Marshalls come asking.

Had a friend that had 30K flowering and PD paid a visit cause smell was out of control. PD came in Checked Plant count, then called Fire Marshall cuase shit was not too code. Homie got a ass load of tickets and 30 days to bring everything to code. Cops shook his had and left. True Story. Ventura PD. Prob also helped that he had the Same Attorney as me who is a bad ass MMJ attorney. homie Fixed his shit and no more problems.

Moral of story . Make sure you
a) Have good attorney
b) List Space as storage
c) Land Lord cool with grow, Attorney can help with cool landlords
d) BUILD SHIT TO CODE
e) Contain the smell ....!!!!!!!!!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Out here they apply the same air handling and ventilation requirements typically assigned to pharmacies...that gets expensive and you have to scrub all out goin air that air that is gettin released into the atmosphere...an almost zero odor profile is what your lookin for and you can smell ozone generators a mile away when you kickin so be careful.

Minimum 200amp dedicated drop and two of them side by side on the wall would be even more badass

R

ReCway

Out here they apply the same air handling and ventilation requirements typically assigned to pharmacies...that gets expensive and you have to scrub all out goin air that air that is gettin released into the atmosphere...an almost zero odor profile is what your lookin for and you can smell ozone generators a mile away when you kickin so be careful.

Minimum 200amp dedicated drop and two of them side by side on the wall would be even more badass

yup thats how its done. 400 amps and your ready to blow shit up.. !!!

Fire Marshall in my county only comes when you register a buisness and need to get a CO or Certificate of Ocuppancy. If its storage he wont ever know about you. Unless the joint reeks.. !! then its all bad..

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Awesome advice everyone. Im not worried about spending the extra money to be legit, like they say do it right the first time. I just like to save money and do things myself when possible. Funny I was thinking of telling them it was a coral reef business if it came down to it, because they use HID lights and pumps etc as well. Id like to be up to code, but off the radar as well. As far as smell I want to run an extra insulated sealed room, bare bulbs with 2 large carbon scrubbers in it and go from there. What if I told them it was for storage no business and hired my brother inlaw whos a contractor/electrician and had everything built and wired up to code so if anyone ever did come poking around. Also do powerbox pass inspection or would I have to get a custom controller like the ones olyver makes? A lot of questions my bad.. again thanks yall

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

AndI dont know if this is out of line to ask but could anyone pm one these bad ass attorneys in Norcal I hear of all the time. Id love to get some legal consultation to make me sleep a little better at night. Thanks everyone

Olyver

Olyver

Powerbox, Crap, horticontrol, etc do not pass inspection in Canada. They may have an etl sticker, but they are built contrary to CEC and NEC criteria so electrical inspectors will not pass them. Just get an electrician to build you a timerboard or panel that is compliant.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Okay, so everything is cool with my landlord and hes going to list as storage if anyone ever asks, and my bro in law set me up with a legit contractor and electrician to do the buildout. My last question is...if I cant put my condensors on the roof by code the only place i have to put them is visible from the parking lot. If its listed for storage but has two large air conditioners do yall think theyd think something was up an want to inspect?

P

paperplane

I would do a few smaller rooms. Maybe you could by shipping containers, build them out like any room. Have them inside the warehouse and just hook up power to them. That way the units are mobile and you can have them transported real quick if need be.

Top Bottom