Warning!! All growers!! Beware!! And vigilant!!!

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

An airstone, a bucket and about a handful of ingredients then 48hrs later you got a tea with good guys in there. Also LAB is easy to make, rice water added to milk and 7 days later you have the police of the microbial world.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Spraying down pruners with alcohol between plants is common practice among most horticulturists. It should be with cannabis growers also. It's been part of my IPM strategy since forever.

Interesting info though, the plants seem to look healthy enough despite their lack of production so I can imagine this would be difficult if not impossible to diagnose without testing.

RigRoss

RigRoss

This is why it's important to build your collection from seed and never bring in cuttings or clones(unless it's a tissue culture). But even more importantly don't buy untested seeds that herm constantly, like Oni seeds or Masonic seeds for example.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This is why it's important to build your collection from seed and never bring in cuttings or clones(unless it's a tissue culture).

if I followed this advice I never would have grown most of the legendary cuts that I have. In 20+ years I'd guess about 90% of what I've grown has come to me as a clone from friends. Only a couple times had issues by bringing in PM. You need to be careful for sure and quarantine new plants until you're sure they're clean. But I wouldn't turn down a cut of the real roadkill skunk if someone offered me one.
I'm yet to sprout a seed that grows plants to the same caliber and consistency as what I can get in clone form. Hell I never would have had my pre-98 Bubba Kush cut that dominated the growroom for 10 years. She was a legend!

Most of the clones I've procured over the years would blow 99% of what most breeders sell these days, clean out of the water. Mainly because, someone else has already done the hard work of selecting those phenotypes from enormous populations of plants. That ain't something I'm ever gonna do.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Recent testing has shown that almost all sites tested for plant pathogens have come back positive for Hop Latent Viroid at an infection rate of 25-30%. Hop Latent Viroid (HpLVd) was first identified in hops, which is part of the Cannabaceae family. In cannabis plants, this disease is commonly known as dudding. It can cause stunted growth, and effect flower and trichome development. Leading to lower yields with less potency. HpLVd can be passed from plant to plant via mechanical transmission (like dirty shears.) Once a plant is infected it can pass on the viroid through cuttings and seeds. The best way to manage HpLVd is prevention. Sanitize any tools you use, before using them on different plants, to prevent transmission. Make sure you get cuttings and seeds tested before you introduce them into your grow.
Maybe phizer has a vaccine

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Im for sure that there is an agenda to spread disease and illness to plant life.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Glassdub

Glassdub

Spraying down pruners with alcohol between plants is common practice among most horticulturists. It should be with cannabis growers also. It's been part of my IPM strategy since forever.

Interesting info though, the plants seem to look healthy enough despite their lack of production so I can imagine this would be difficult if not impossible to diagnose without testing.
It stated in the posted article that bleach kills it & that alcohol is ineffective.

T

Tilt_no_guilt

I have never banged a hooker raw dog.
That’s what you do when you bring clones into your grow.
Plenty of seeds available.
Lol, test seed stocks early too. Sounds like seeds can carry it through 10% of the time.

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

Recent testing has shown that almost all sites tested for plant pathogens have come back positive for Hop Latent Viroid at an infection rate of 25-30%. Hop Latent Viroid (HpLVd) was first identified in hops, which is part of the Cannabaceae family. In cannabis plants, this disease is commonly known as dudding. It can cause stunted growth, and effect flower and trichome development. Leading to lower yields with less potency. HpLVd can be passed from plant to plant via mechanical transmission (like dirty shears.) Once a plant is infected it can pass on the viroid through cuttings and seeds. The best way to manage HpLVd is prevention. Sanitize any tools you use, before using them on different plants, to prevent transmission. Make sure you get cuttings and seeds tested before you introduce them into your grow.
Yep, I just dealt with it just last year, had to toss out everything and start fresh. I now have my mother blocked tested routinely. I had one cat that I’ve been keeping for close to 13 years that was a real heartbreaker that let go. My whole IPM game changed. Every mother has its own set of scissors on a string tied to the trunk for that plant only. I use a 15% bleach soap solution on all scissors between plants and i have foot baths in the entryway to each room. Shit was a heartbreaker man, turned my year to shit right after the best year ive had

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

This sounds like a dark heart nursery article and they also claim to be the only one who knows how to cure it.🙂 💸💰🤑
Did you take it with a grain of salt mr. diesel?
The pic you showed is a dud and I’ve had them many many times. I’ll call bullshit right now on the scissors being the culprit. I was so anal about sterilizing between strains and it didn’t stop the spread one bit.
If you have gnats they will spread it to ever single plant in your garden. Get rid of the gnats and or thrips, kill the plants that are dudded and carry on. They are very easy to spot.
move never returned a fully dudded plant to health. Went through three or four generations of clones and it didn’t work.
If only certain branches are dudded I’ve cured those back to full health with phyton27 and 35.
Spray the DE on top of your pots 1 lb per gallon gnats will die.
Actually there’s a lot of companies that deal with it now. I use a company called cannalyte, and there are a bunch of independent operators that do meristem cell culture to cure it. It fucked up my whole year. It’s some nasty shit for sure. I did change my whole game though around ipm.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I was not wearing gloves & only cleaning my snips when sticky. My hands got blistered and opened wounds if I popped the blisters, so I began wearing gloves for every feeding mix and putting my snips in alcohol, now I guess I'll use bleach with gloves as well. Thanks for the heads up Staff,SS

Top Bottom