Warning!! Please read this!

• Thread starter smokestack23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokestack23

Please feel free to pass this on and/or re-post it in every forum here at the farm and everywhere else.

Please watch this clip. It explains how, if you take photos with your phone (that has GPS), the location of the photo taken can be accessed by ANYONE VERY EASILY!!!

Even if you are a legal medical grower...not only the cops can do this, thieves and EVERYONE can.
This is SERIOUS. NOT A JOKE!! It is a clipping of an ABC channel 7 News broadcast.

Please pass it on:

Hopefully this doesn't put a total end to people posting helpful pics...Just use your camera not your smartphone.
Good day.

convex

convex

How many threads are you going to post this in?

One post in security section would suffice.

P

paulycali

I've heard of that and now can say its true and taking pics with smart phones enabled with gps tags can pinpoint the exact location give or take 15ft. Definetaly some crazy shit! Take caution to this and be safe out there

No taking pics with your smart phone. No if ands or buts. Just dont do it

Stay safe farmers

S

smokestack23

???

How many did I post it in? I think 3?? It SHOULD be posted in EVERY forum that has photos..or just every forum period.

Why would you not want everyone to see this?
If I had posted it in "security", a forum that I for one barely ever visit..a LOT of people would never see it.

I think it's worth pissing one or two pissed off people off than for ONE farmer to get ripped-off or busted.

Frick...you can get co-ordinates for grows from photos, punch em into your GPS and start harvesting.

Warning everyone in EVERY forum will only help people. If it makes a couple of people mad like cops or thieves..or just miserable people...Oh well!

I'm not gonna stick around and argue or defend this. I dont really giveafuck. Feel free to delete all my warnings.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
As a matter of fact every picture should be run into a app as photoshop etc, befor droping them on the net...

convex

convex

Jhead is free tool that lets you strip header info.

Was discussed before, I believe logic was/is adding a filter to strip headers on upload.

S

smokestack23

Very cool. Now THIS is constructive discussion.

Thank you.

convex

convex

???

How many did I post it in? I think 3?? It SHOULD be posted in EVERY forum that has photos..or just every forum period.

Why would you not want everyone to see this?
If I had posted it in "security", a forum that I for one barely ever visit..a LOT of people would never see it.

I think it's worth pissing one or two pissed off people off than for ONE farmer to get ripped-off or busted.

Frick...you can get co-ordinates for grows from photos, punch em into your GPS and start harvesting.

Warning everyone in EVERY forum will only help people. If it makes a couple of people mad like cops or thieves..or just miserable people...Oh well!

I'm not gonna stick around and argue or defend this. I dont really giveafuck. Feel free to delete all my warnings.

Not being miserable ...

Posting Guidlines:

420Gator

420Gator

u can just disable the location feature in settings,my iphone asks for permission everytime i use the camera

"dont allow" is what i choose

Latest posts

Top Bottom