Watching my cola grow is like watching paint dry.

• Thread starter Pilted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pilted

Pilted

Slowly, very slowly, my colas are starting to form.
Watching my cola grow is like watching paint dry
Watching my cola grow is like watching paint dry 2
Watching my cola grow is like watching paint dry 3
Watching my cola grow is like watching paint dry 4
Watching my cola grow is like watching paint dry 5
Watching my cola grow is like watching paint dry 6
Watching my cola grow is like watching paint dry 7
Watching my cola grow is like watching paint dry 8
Watching my cola grow is like watching paint dry 9
Watching my cola grow is like watching paint dry 10
Watching my cola grow is like watching paint dry 11
I think a lot of new growers think big colas just grow from the top of the plant, I don't think the majority of first time growers know the colas actually come from the nodes below the top head.

I think she will fill in the gaps (fingers crossed) she going to need to double the size of those lower buds.

Seed planted on 4/20, 34 days into flower, she can do it!!!!! She got a lot.of time left.

I

imgrowing

i'm at the same stage as you, 35 days into flower on what is "said" to be a 65 day flower.
do you thing i should add dry amendments at this time?
i'm in soil so no flushing

Pilted

Pilted

i'm at the same stage as you, 35 days into flower on what is "said" to be a 65 day flower.
do you thing i should add dry amendments at this time?
i'm in soil so no flushing
I think most those time lines are not accurate, well let me explain, every action you make effects the plants ability to make that date, you defoliate too much or to little, this effects your end harvest date. You water too much or too little this effects the harvest date. You feed not enough or too much this effects harvest date. So you can kinda throw that time limit out the window, because you probably not perfectly growing the plant. I know I'm not.

That being said you gotta look at your plant and ask her what she needs. Are the leaves too dark are they to light? Is it focusing on bud production or is it still stretching. Does she need to have dry amendments added? That something you gotta let the plant tell you.

I'm a synthetic liquid newt guy, I have no idea about dry amendments? Sorry I couldn't be more help.

I

imgrowing

ok thanks. i know not to believe the time lines they give, i was just wondering if i should give more 2-8-4 next week as i fed 2 1/2 weeks ago and don't want to smoke fertilizer

Pilted

Pilted

ok thanks. i know not to believe the time lines they give, i was just wondering if i should give more 2-8-4 next week as i fed 2 1/2 weeks ago and don't want to smoke fertilizer
Post a pic or two or 10 let's see what she looks like.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

I love the thread title😂😂😂 be nice just to flick em to flower n next day have nice chunky nugs to look at😂 nice azz plant to by the way👍

Pilted

Pilted

IMG 20230712 1533010022
IMG 20230713 0959306782
IMG 20230714 1303173212
IMG 20230715 1207113462
IMG 20230716 1202343012

Day 53 of flower, the power outage set me back quiet a bit. Today it seems I have new blooms in multiple areas. She is still not fully recovered, I can't seem to get her to pray like she was, but the new blooms are a relief. She has enough time to fatten up still (fingers crossed). Let's hope she goes beast mode these last few weeks.

Bilber

Bilber

Yeah....lights off for a indeterminate time, especially when you didn't plan it, kinda really and truly sucks....

I hope your harvest is better than mine....3 weeks in flower, power went out for about a week.....they never recovered from that....

I was hopeful...

On to the next run........

Pilted

Pilted

Yeah....lights off for a indeterminate time, especially when you didn't plan it, kinda really and truly sucks....

I hope your harvest is better than mine....3 weeks in flower, power went out for about a week.....they never recovered from that....

I was hopeful...

That sucks, but it happens. The next one will be much better. 😎

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
She is running out of time, grow lady grow!!!!!!!
I like your daily pictures. I might do that sometime. I know what you mean about watching colas grow. I add about 10 days to the flowering time. It looks like you're going to have a good harvest. I've had power outages, too. The longest was about two days. I thought it would be a disaster, but the plants did okay.

Pilted

Pilted

I like your daily pictures. I might do that sometime. I know what you mean about watching colas grow. I add about 10 days to the flowering time. It looks like you're going to have a good harvest. I've had power outages, too. The longest was about two days. I thought it would be a disaster, but the plants did okay.
The recovery time for the power outage was long, I am not sure if this will extend the harvest time and she will get what I missed back or if I will lose it all together. She got weight now, I am starting to have to tie the lower smaller branches up because they are falling over from the weight of the buds. 👍👍 Any which way It will be a decent harvest 4shore. Starting to see a few amber tricones less then 1% on the plant and she is starting to show fall colors (might be from me cutting the nitrogen back to far). I think a lot of new, first time growers think that the colas grow from the top of the plant. I wanted to show how the colas grow from the nodes below the top of the plant. This is a topic I wish I had seen before I knew exactly how the colas grow. Would have made my first grow much better.

7munkee

7munkee

I was hopeful...

Power went off for a week?? Damn. Mine went out for an hour and I freaked. I do have a generator, but 5 1/2 gallons of gas to fill it to run for 14 hours...it would have cost over $300 to run it 12 hrs/day for a week.

Pilted

Pilted

Damn she got fat in a month.
She just started getting new blooms a few days ago, she has been very difficult to judge when she is done. After power outage she matured, hairs all went orange, she started swelling, the buds started looking like buds you smoke, but the tricones never changed, all the signs said she was done except the tricones. But now she has new blooms all over, so I have at least one more swell coming up. Hopefully she gets much bigger. 😎

Top Bottom