Water are the unsubmersible pumps called?

• Thread starter forknowledge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
forknowledge

forknowledge

I tried using my "Maxijet 500" to drain out water during reservoir changes but it requires to be submerged which is fine but theres always a little bit of water remaining at the bottom of the reservoir that the pump cant get to.
Now Im thinking a simple fix would be to purchase the "unsubmersible" water pumps & simply connect a hoze to it & use that end to suck the water in to a bucket.

Any idea where I can find these dry pumps in the UK, or any recommendations for this petty problem?

I need a pump that functions like this
93477d1279417550-jacks-second-under-current-grow-13-gallon-buckets-60-x-1000-white-fire-3-img00157.jpg.att

U

Underground

I've never done this, but if were to I would do this. If there is 2" left every time, I would jack all those buckets up by 2" or so by putting them on those small cinder blocks that look like bricks, or something similar. Then I would pipe into a 5 gallon bucket that was right on the floor and install your submersible in that. PS make sure your 5 gallon bucket is at least as tall as the highest water level, or find something that is.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Danner mag-drive pumps are work horses as well.

For that little water left in the bottom, just use a wet/dry shop vac.

-TF

D

Door2theUnivers

I use a shopvac to get the rest of the water out on res changes , it does not need to be primed with water !

forknowledge

forknowledge

Ive searched for it on Google but not much luck in finding a cheap one in the UK. Another thing we brits dont have.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Ive searched for it on Google but not much luck in finding a cheap one in the UK. Another thing we brits dont have.

What do brits have for hardware stores? Most here have a pond section that has the pumps.

amazon dot com and overstock dot com also have pumps.

Top Bottom