Water are the unsubmersible pumps called?

• Thread starter forknowledge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
forknowledge

forknowledge

I tried using my "Maxijet 500" to drain out water during reservoir changes but it requires to be submerged which is fine but theres always a little bit of water remaining at the bottom of the reservoir that the pump cant get to.
Now Im thinking a simple fix would be to purchase the "unsubmersible" water pumps & simply connect a hoze to it & use that end to suck the water in to a bucket.

Any idea where I can find these dry pumps in the UK, or any recommendations for this petty problem?

I need a pump that functions like this
93477d1279417550-jacks-second-under-current-grow-13-gallon-buckets-60-x-1000-white-fire-3-img00157.jpg.att

U

Underground

I've never done this, but if were to I would do this. If there is 2" left every time, I would jack all those buckets up by 2" or so by putting them on those small cinder blocks that look like bricks, or something similar. Then I would pipe into a 5 gallon bucket that was right on the floor and install your submersible in that. PS make sure your 5 gallon bucket is at least as tall as the highest water level, or find something that is.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Inline pump. Little Giant and Iwaki are fantastic brands, I trusted all my fishes to them!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Danner mag-drive pumps are work horses as well.

For that little water left in the bottom, just use a wet/dry shop vac.

-TF

D

Door2theUnivers

I use a shopvac to get the rest of the water out on res changes , it does not need to be primed with water !

forknowledge

forknowledge

Ive searched for it on Google but not much luck in finding a cheap one in the UK. Another thing we brits dont have.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Ive searched for it on Google but not much luck in finding a cheap one in the UK. Another thing we brits dont have.

What do brits have for hardware stores? Most here have a pond section that has the pumps.

amazon dot com and overstock dot com also have pumps.

Top Bottom