Water Cloning In A Cup

• Thread starter 3N1GM4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nog

My rockwool has always molded, I have never used aloe or peroxide. Every clone I put in rockwool damped off.

Never had that happen, you must be keeping them too wet, they just need to be damp.
Did you have the rockwool sitting in a tray of water or something?

frebo

frebo

Never had that happen, you must be keeping them too wet, they just need to be damp.
Did you have the rockwool sitting in a tray of water or something?
My rockwool always gets a green algea like growth. I am on a well and a concrete holding tank. I have to stay up on chlorination in my tank. I'm going to try this cup thing. They get too much money for those rockwool flats.

Mardi

Mardi

Okay, thanks. Again, great post. I'm definitely gonna try this out. I'd totally go with a bubbler, just cuz I've seen so many people have success with those with minimal effort. But my grow room and my "tv room" share the same fucking 20 amp circuit breaker, which means that every time I plug something else into my grow room, I have to worry about tripping the circuit. Super-annoying. This "cup method" at least eliminates the need for any more power being used to root some clones.

Thanks so much for this. Now all I gotta do is find a windowsill that I can set like 40 clones on.... Haha!

If you get a sparky to add an extra RCD then you can move some of the circuit to the new RCD you wont have to run wires or anything all the magic happens at the fuse panel. Really is quite simple fix.

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

I've always used Rockwool, and never had any issues other than me being the cause. I did have a few errors at the start from over watering them though. Just cut, dip and leave well alone I find works best for me.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

DSC00069
DSC00071

You might need to cover them for a few days with some type of humidity dome if the roots are not as big as these to help them hold in moisture after planting in the dirt until they get over the transplant shock from water to dirt. water the dirt really well after you move them and it is probably best to hold the cutting in the cup while sprinkling dry dirt in so as not to crush or bend the roots.

L

LacesOutDan

View attachment 590108 View attachment 590109
You might need to cover them for a few days with some type of humidity dome if the roots are not as big as these to help them hold in moisture after planting in the dirt until they get over the transplant shock from water to dirt. water the dirt really well after you move them and it is probably best to hold the cutting in the cup while sprinkling dry dirt in so as not to crush or bend the roots.

how long did it take for those roots to get that size??

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Great technique.
I would be concerned about heat or starting to flower in a window maybe but this seems simple and direct.
Do you ever change the water before transplant?

Bill22

Bill22

For taking cuttings, I have always used Oasis cubes. It is virtually impossible to overwater them as their oxygen/water ratio is optimal.

nono 2560

nono 2560

Well said Nog.

Us lazy guys just cut, drop in a beer bottle filled with tap water, and change the water daily.
No gels, no powders, get about 90%.

Aloha,
Wee 'zard
Yes man, and guarantee success make some willow water..........throw a clone in and it'll go faster. I'm a firm believer in keep it simple but generously adequate with the essentials dirt light water lol..

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Oldie but goodie. I use a little azo with my water and it works. Heck I’ve stubbed cutting direct in soil and its taken! Lol

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
3days in water used honey
Dude you are bruising your stems and leaving them vulnerable to all kind of diseases. Also, i can’t figure out how you gonna get them out once they rooted? Othen than cutting the plastic cap which in due process you will probably hurt the stems or newly established roots.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I like to keep it simple. Just toss the cuts in a solo cup filled with water and when you see bumps then stick em in some soil or plugs. Change the water out every few days as needed.

But yeah I wouldn’t put them in a plastic bottle. You don’t want light getting to the water otherwise it’ll produce algae. If you remove the cuts when they show bumps they should pull out without too much damage. But if you wait for full roots then yeah you’ll a hell of a time getting them out.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I like to keep it simple. Just toss the cuts in a solo cup filled with water and when you see bumps then stick em in some soil or plugs. Change the water out every few days as needed.

But yeah I wouldn’t put them in a plastic bottle. You don’t want light getting to the water otherwise it’ll produce algae. If you remove the cuts when they show bumps they should pull out without too much damage. But if you wait for full roots then yeah you’ll a hell of a time getting them out.
Funny, I knocked off a top moving a plant indoors..stuck it in a cup of water in a window..voila roots in 10 days..I do use a simple tray (w/heat mat) for my normal cloning though (with Clonex)..Never had any luck with my DIY aero cloner though..for me..simple is better..

Shaykc24

Shaykc24

Dude you are bruising your stems and leaving them vulnerable to all kind of diseases. Also, i can’t figure out how you gonna get them out once they rooted? Othen than cutting the plastic cap which in due process you will probably hurt the stems or newly established roots.
I took them out replaced the water now they are in glass with plastic

Latest posts

Top Bottom