Water cooled grow room

• Thread starter Racker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Yaacov

Yaacov

Racker , what method do you use to pump the water to the plants and than back , i mean do you use two separate
pumps ? .Are you content with the setup you initially started with in this run .

Racker

Racker

Hey Yaacov.

Yes i use 2 pumps with a timer. One in my reservoir and one in the growing area. After 4 runs I switch back from fabric pots, back to crates. nothing else changed.

The room is down now. In week 4 of the 11e run i had to break down. Somebody had a great idea to put a meter in the waterline from the well that supplied the opticlimate (and some other houses) Now they start searching for a waterleak.

Shit happens but life goes on.

Yaacov

Yaacov

That really sucks , hope you'll
be back soon dude , thanks for all the info .

ink

ink

Oh dude. Drill your own well.
What was the best temp setting you had for veg of the opti, was it 27c night and day or less
Perhaps 25c day and night?

Ok due all the best

SpudBoy

SpudBoy

Yes i use 2 pumps with a timer. One in my reservoir and one in the growing area. After 4 runs I switch back from fabric pots, back to crates. nothing else changed.

The room is down now. In week 4 of the 11e run i had to break down. Somebody had a great idea to put a meter in the waterline from the well that supplied the opticlimate (and some other houses) Now they start searching for a waterleak.

Shit happens but life goes on.

The 'waterleak' search totally blows man! :inpain: I hope you can find an alternative real soon, maybe you might want to try this method for finding another source... ;)

I have now completed my build - no surprises how similar it looks to yours, albeit somewhat smaller (running an OC 6K with 6 x Dimlux / 600W Gavitas) :shy:

I have yet to start a grow in the new space - as it has been a long slog to research & complete. On top of that and in keeping with your sentiment of 'shit happens', my supposed 'partner' in charge of handling the 'completed product distribution logistics' turned out to be full of S.H.I.T. So at present I have a totally awesome, totally hi-tech indoor garden to grow in IF... I want to personally consume several kilos of my favourite strain... :wideyed:

Anyhoo... that's what ya get livin' in a country with asinine weed laws and NO Dutch style coffee shops!

Can I ask why you switched back to plastic crates from using the fabric pots - Airmaxx Soft Pots - if I remember correctly?

ink

ink

I would image less algae also work ability, you can walk in crate if you take care, or build a gang plank to support your weight,

With fabric pots can you work on no, also as small plants grow the light hits the deck I,e the pond liner.

Better crates,,,, although,,,, for soil I love fabric pots hydro,,,, crates

Hesi nuts

SpudBoy

SpudBoy

@ink

Hey thanks. I guess you might be right re algae...

Crates do make sense from an accessibility point of view but I didn't see how the fabric pots were limiting plant size compared to crates in the two different grow diary pics Racker has shared -at least the ones I've seen anyhow. However I stand to be corrected.

So why is your preference for fabric with soil Vs. crates for hydro

ink

ink

Dude, soil is great if you like a really good work out? I know
Crates are good no light hits the deck, less algae ,,,,,
On know I agree about size of plant, fabric pot and crates they all do well
Racker had 1 plant per fabric pot,

In a crate can have 3 plants and flip with nice cutting 4 to 7 days max
Friends of mine just flip, no more 4 days, low light, all bud,

Maputo, hay, I don't know much, I love soil, but I hate the lift,

I like hydro no work lol apart from the clean and start

All the best spdb

ink

ink

Please note crate are not accessible after a period, it is a complete sea of green,.
If you dear walk the plank,,, for me I not walk,, after one week on flower never with heVy bud

slumdog80

slumdog80

Have you ever tried using any fabric or hard plastic beds with mapito? I was thinking or trying 72
plants per 122 x 244 x 25cm . I have not seen anyone using anything besides totes. Thanks for any
insight.

3169AJ2ZbhL SY300

grower4life

grower4life

I use 3x6 botanicare trays with 3x6 geo planter beds, works killer. If u wana see a few shots go to grow diaries and look for Cookie Monster grow by SM5 GUY

slumdog80

slumdog80

Is there mapito in big city hydro mix? I have been running coco beds for a while, I wanted to give mapito a shot but, not at anything
less then 2.25 per sqft.

grower4life

grower4life

What's Mapito , i dont believe I've heard of that, u mean perlite?

slumdog80

slumdog80

It's the medium he used for this grow, it's a mix of rockwool, polyurethane foam and some other stuff.

grower4life

grower4life

Never heard of that, big city is 3 or 4 different types and cuts of coco, perlite, lava rock and red wood bark. It's a soilless mix that designed like to act like soil , I like it a lot , I use there pore builder for moms it's dam close to true soil.

ink

ink

Mapito, there are quit a though variations ,,, but I use Cutiline Mapito - Growing Medium 80l
Cutiline Mapito - Growing Medium 80l - Growing Medium 80l Mapito is the most popular growing medium in holland, excellent results with a new organic element. Mapito comes highly recommended and is one of the best growing mediums out there

Cutiline Mapito - Growing Medium 80l

Mapito is the most popular growing medium in holland, excellent results with a new organic element. Mapito comes highly recommended and is one of the best growing mediums out there

Mapito is a substrate blend which uses rockwool and PU flakes (poly urethane). Because of this Mapito contains organic elements which will speed up the start of the grow. It has got a solid structure with an optimum balance of water and oxygen.

These qualities will see a top result. Before use one should rinse the Mapito out to lower the current EC value. Also adjust the pH value between 5.5-5.8. Once this has been done you can start with the desired EC value.

Mapito growing medium is Sold in 80 litres quantities.

Hope that help, it very easy to work with,,, just brake root ball bin, then brake up the medium top up crate and off you go.

Like Racker share, I drop my ec last week and feed, calcium nitrate, prepping the medium for the next, cycle.

Good luck boys

grower4life

grower4life

Sick ill have yo do some research, I'm in United States, Cali baby!

Top Bottom