Water cooled grow room

• Thread starter Racker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
midwestdensies

midwestdensies

This room kicks ass. Very clean. How is the water consumption with the cooling unit?

slumdog80

slumdog80

Very impressive room Racker. Do you flood and drain from underneath the floor like Limbo
or just keep a pump on the floor?

nuttso

nuttso

bro,

if you don't mind i have a more specific question about your nutrients regime. Basically, i thin i got what you are trying to tell me. For grow you use 2:1 ratio Calcinit : Kristallon. Right? For mmid flower 1:1. End for lateflower 1:2 and in the final week 2:1. Is this right?

VEG: Calcinit:Kristallon

Week 1- 2:1
Week 2 - 2:1
Week 3 - 2:1

Flower:

Week 1 - 2:1
Week 2 - 2:1
Week 3 - 1:1
Week 4 - 1:1
Week 5 - 1:2
Week 6 - 1:2
Week 7 - 1:2
Week 8 - 2:1

B

bobby34

Highly impressive racker!!!, You mention a fan that refreshes the room 5 times an hour!. Is this part of the opticlimate??. And when in a sealed room does the opticlimate need to be out side of the room as you have it or can it be inside??.

Racker

Racker

That's the way i do it more or less Nutsso. These days i use a bit less A (N)

The fan is separate and is not part of the opticlimate. You refresh 5x when not adding extra co2. When you add you dim the fan only to get a little vacuum for smell.

You can put the opticlimate inside the growroom but it is not wise to put it between your crop. You must leaf some space for maintance and make sure you can acces all panels. When you make a sog and want to use the whole room for plants, you better put the machine outside.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Super sweet build. Not sure how I missed this but it's really well done.

Thank you for sharing.

-Cap

B

bobby34

Cool, cheers racker. I see you used a bottle of co2 with your set up,,, Are you able to use gas powered generators along with the maxi controller??

nuttso

nuttso

Hey racker, thx for the info. I'm trying to mix my own nutrients, but it is hard to get the raw materials where i am. I'm still in the learning phase. So if you don't matter. Put up exactly how you work with C & K. I have access to calcinit and kritallon and some fulvic powder and amino powder. My idea is to create the same AB formula you have. Just that i wan't these chelators in there. Amino in the calcinit, fulvic in the Kritallon. I noticed something when i mixed up 1 kg with 10L. If you take 1 gram salt (for example calcinit) and put it in 1L distilled water, the ec will be 1.1-1.2. If you take 10ml (wich equals 1 gram of salt, when you mix 1kg with 10L) out of the already mixed cal with destilled (10L) you will get an ec of0.8-0.9. This seems to be legit. But i don't know why.

ttystikk

ttystikk

@Racker So the difference between your unit and my chiller basically amounts to this; I have a Freon/water exchanger pigtail on my cold side (evap), while yours is on the hot side (compressor). Thus, the system heats your water to efficiently carry away heat. What do you do with all that heat?

I'm considering an upgrade to my chillers to do compressor section water cooling, specifically so I can better utilize all of the 'waste' heat, and I wondered if you'd tried anything like that with yours yet?

At the moment, I have my chiller sitting in the office with the window open and air coming in the window. The heat the chiller sheds while running warms the room air, which is then pulled through the rest of the house to be exhausted through the system downstairs.

Recapturing and reusing the heat from the chiller in this way saves me roughly $1000 in gas heating bills each winter!

ftwendy

ftwendy

Every time I read your description of how you heat I picture an office full of birds and snow and wild foresty stuff. :)
What's the temp in your office if its in the 20's outside tty?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Varies from upper 60s/ low 70s when chiller is off to 85 after its been running awhile. The house stays at around 75. The snow stays outside, lol

No singing birds, just a squeaky dog, lol

tweedy

tweedy

Where do you actually buy your salts? I have been trying to find the brown yara but can't find anything but their cal nit online.

Racker

Racker

@ttystikk , when i compare it with a split unit,

-A split unit cools the hot gas with air (outside)
-The Opticlimate cools the hot gas with water.

Water takes up energie much better than air, making it 10%more efficient.

Here a little piek inside

I don't reuse the warm water. I know people that use it for underfloor heating or heating up a boiler. You can also run it trough an air/water exchanger and heat your house with it. In spain and Italie growers pump water from there swimmingpool into the unit. The warm water from the unit goes back to the swimmingpool making the growroom cool and the pool hot ;)
With a pump the delta-T is smaller. Water entering the unit can be up to 86gr. The water leaving the unit is than 95gr. The swimmingpool has to cool down the water 9gr. The pool must be in/underground to loose the heat to the earth.

Hope this makes sense to you.....

@tweedy, I don't know? In what country are you searching?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Thanks, everything you said makes great sense except the part about how you're not using it yourself?

In my case, I'm thinking of using the hot water to not only heat my home and hot water, but also a 560 gallon stock tank full of fish, my hot tub and a new driveway I'll have poured with lines running through it to handle snow removal in winter, hee hee. I figure I'm spending a Damn fortune generating all that heat, it seems a waste not to put it to good use!

Your comments say **'gr'- what does that abbreviation stand for? If it's a Fahrenheit measurement, then some of my heatsinks would be cut out, such as the hot tub and house hot water.

This is why I'm considering a water cooled process chiller with custom compressor ratio to heat water to about 110F, at that temp it can do everything I need heat for in the house- and someday, perhaps even pull heat from a home based fuel cell electrical cogeneration plant...

McGuyver LIVES! LOL

Racker

Racker

The growroom is not in a house :) It's in a barn. What should i heat with it than? The units are fahrenheit. When using tap or wellwater the water leaving the unit is about 104gr F.
I try to explain....

There is a big differents in using fresh cold water and reusing the warm water. This is also the reasson that there are 3 waterconnections on the unit. The waterintake is the bottom one.
The top connection is the outlet when using cold water, the middle one is the outlet when using reused warm water. The differents is how much water flows trough the unit.

With cold water the water flowing trough the unit could be 1 gallon/min (depending on the model)
With warm water and a pump the flow could be 10 gallons/min.

More flow results in a lower delta-T > Water in 86F water out 95F > 10gallon/min > Delta-T=9F
Less flow results in higher delta-T > water in 50F water out 104F > 1 gallon/min > Deltat-T=54F

ttystikk

ttystikk

That unit is very sophisticated. I wonder if I could install a water chiller pigtail instead of the more usual evap coil and fan....?

Latest posts

Top Bottom