water cooled

• Thread starter onehitquiter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

onehitquiter

dose anyone know of any good brands or cheap places to get them i have always had troblw with heat so i figerd this would be a good step to help any info you got on wcl i would much imprecate

og dmc

og dmc

Water cooled light? after years of battling heat I have to say just go with a refrigerated ac and air cool the hoods if you can.

O

onehitquiter

well is super hot here and there no place for a window or portable ac my space is super tight there no vent in the room for the ac ether best i can get my room with fans blowers and air cooled hood is the high to mid 80's

B

been

It's not like the heat disappears bro. You're just moving it around; it's gotta go somewhere and if you don't have room for an a/c you don't have the means to get this done.

High 80's is fine for the plants. It may seem uncomfortable for you being in there, but your plants don't mind.

O

onehitquiter

i was thinking have it contuses flow and drain and i still have the vent and fan for the air cooled hood so ill have that to vent hot air out

Z

zoeronerer

they are great, cool fo a closed system.....get a chiller for the tank.......have a big tank..........research the chiller brands the systems are all pretty close in cost and how well they work.......you do lose some lumens but who cares if u have plenty of light.......you want the one with a flow sensor so if the pump stops it shuts the lights down....pretty reliable .no ducting ..no smell...a little better spectrum from the water if you have hps .......... it gets hot in mexico too hot.............

billopuffalot

billopuffalot

are u talking of liquid lumens?
if so i believe u will need a chiller
how many watts u wanna run?
ive not used em but general feedback ive heard is air cooling is a cheaper alternative
all the best
bil

2thagame

Liquid lumens Is on youtube.Check it out.I think it looks promising..

O

onehitquiter

1000 hps i was thinking of runng it strate from the well and heating the pool with the run off ive heard of ppl doing it

C

captain.koons

are u talking of liquid lumens?
if so i believe u will need a chiller
how many watts u wanna run?
ive not used em but general feedback ive heard is air cooling is a cheaper alternative
all the best
bil

you can also use a big big reservoir buried in your back yard or something :P

S

Sirius

dont go with liquid lumens or anything like that... they will alter your spectrum drastically.... you should go with a heat exchanger! like an icebox from hydrofarm.. they sound great but i havnt used them... i have a friend who is working on a diy model... basically a radiator for your lights...

resinryder

resinryder

. you should go with a heat exchanger! like an icebox from hydrofarm.. they sound great but i havnt used them...

I just tested 2 iceboxes on 2 1k's then tested the 2 on 1 1k(blew air through 1 then routed that air through the light exhausting that 1k through the second icebox. Cooled for about an hour and a half. Used a 1/2 hp chiller with the water chilled to about 39 degrees. Total pos. I know of a grower here using a 2 hp chiller and that wouldn't keep them working as advertised either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom