Water hash problem.

• Thread starter Brendarn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Brendarn

I have a wash machine and use Trichome Tech. large bag.
I used 27 OZ of trim and only got a few grams of hash. The real problem is that when I looked at the trim after the wash I could still see lots of trichomes on the plant material. I ran the trim twice, 15 min. each. I cant figure what I am doing wrong. any ideas?

B

F

FastForward

What was the water temperature when you did it? AFAIK it's really important to make sure the shake is in icy water (< 4 deg c) to make the trichs brittle enough to fall off when washed. Also using fresh shake is meant to give better quality but lower volume output (I think, check with Subcool who is the master imho).

Also, do you know what micron size the bag is?

I

ismokepot

Definitely, the water wasn't cold enough. Tons of ice is necessary, throughout the whole process. It also helps to put the plant matter in the freezer before starting the process......

B

blue

I think you are correct in saying fresh gives less as the Trichs are less brittle I belive. A lot of folks dont seem to realise just how much trim you need to get a good ammount of ice hash! thats why it costs so much bloody money......

B

Brendarn

Yea, it was fresh material that was in the freezer over night. I thought I used plenty of ice, but maybe not. Hmmm.

B

I was just surprised to get about 5 grams from 27 oz of trim. :(

F

FastForward

I was just surprised to get about 5 grams from 27 oz of trim. :(

You can still do a 2nd and 3rd run with the shake....obviously it won't be "A grade" but you should get loads more out, especially if you can see the trichs on it. Loads of people do a first hand stirred run first to get the good stuff, then do a few more to squeeze out the rest @ 'B grade'.

Also, why not try making some ISO out of the shake to further extract the goodies?

AquaLabTech

AquaLabTech

Hashish Connoisseur
Water Hash Help

I have a wash machine and use Trichome Tech. large bag.
I used 27 OZ of trim and only got a few grams of hash. The real problem is that when I looked at the trim after the wash I could still see lots of trichomes on the plant material. I ran the trim twice, 15 min. each. I cant figure what I am doing wrong. any ideas?

B

Did you use a "Trichome Tech." bag or a Zipcro bag by Aqua Lab Technologies.

27 ounces is 757 grams, if it was fresh wet leaf then it was probably about 150 grams dried. A average percentage is 10% meaning you should get about 15 grams of mixed micron grades or Water Hash.

Alot of people include large fan leaves with no hash on them in there total plant material weights, these will only lower your percentage and quality of your water hash.

What brand Water Separation filter bags and what size µ micron bags are you using?

Aqua Lab Tech

B

Brendarn

I used the Zipcro bag by Aqua Lab Technologies. I used the bag in a mini wash machine.
The bags where no name Ebay knock offs, and the micron size was, 220, 150, 72, and 20. The trim was all popcorn buds and resin coated bud trim. I ended up with 8 grams total. Maybe my expectations were to high....

B

B

boxmunch9

i under iced my first run and got a small amount, after seeing all the head still on the trim i added so much ice i couldnt spin it. after it melted a touch i whipped it and it makes all the difference in the world. the first time i got the heads cold, the second time i actually froze the heads. i rise my trim off really good after wards and you'll get alot of heads from that as well

L

l33t

8 gramms from 27oz fresh trim is not that bad. Did you only do one run? The second can yield almost as much as the first , never run more than 3 times myself tho , I prefer to do 1 or 2 runs and then make ISO or BHO with the left overs if its much material to begin with.

by the way If you used fan leaves too with no resin then 8g is not a bad return % even for 2 runs. If you used sugary trim only you should expect 10-15% return by dry weight. If you run buds you usually get 15%+

Latest posts

Top Bottom