water hash

• Thread starter BigBud09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBud09

BigBud09

I have a box full of leaf/trimmings off my plants so i want to try make some water hash but i can't get hold of the bubble bags/ice o lator bags is their any other possible way to use some sort of similar material for the sieve's??

T

twisted metal

Use a paint strainer bag, $2!!!

paint+strainer.jpg

S

surfguy1936

ebay my friend. very cheap bags. but that paint strainer is interesting i might try that as well

stickyicky

stickyicky

ebay my friend. very cheap bags. but that paint strainer is interesting i might try that as well

Do yourself a favor and get bags made for the job. You may lose the price of the bags in just one run.

R

Rolln J

as long as you mix in a bucket and pour it through the bag after and your just doing small runs I could see the paint strainer being very effective - if its a good micron equivalent...

BigBud09

BigBud09

Thanks everyone for the info i think i will get me one of those paint strainer bags looks like it will do the job, can you use tights?? or will the mesh be too fine?? i done a little tester last night using the gumby method in a jug loads of ice stirred it for about 10 mins let it settle over night checked it out this morning their was a little bit at the bottom of the jug if i use a paint strainer bag do u not need a second finer screen under the paint bag?? or u just let it sit for a few hours?

Z

Zigzagman

Poly Felt Filters | Poly Mesh Filters
Poly Felt Filters - 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, Or 200 Micron

Description:
These poly felt bag sock filters are great for filtering oil, Biodiesel, or any liquid down to extremely small micron ratings. Made from a high quality poly felt material, they're designed to filter extremely well.
They're available in two lengths, 16" or 32", and have a 7" diameter opening at the top. Each filter has a handle on top as well that can be used to suspend the filter in a tote, filtering column, or anywhere you need to filter.

Filter Sizes:
The smaller the micron number, the smaller the holes in the filter material.
Available in 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, or 200 Micron Sizes. All filters are rated at nominal filter ratings.

SHIPPING NOTE:
WE CANNOT SHIP THESE TO A PO BOX. PLEASE SUPPLY A PHYSICAL ADDRESS
These filters ship from Nebraska BioPro in Lincoln, NE via Fed-Ex Ground.
Shipping outside of the lower 48 States will be more than specified on this page.
Contact us for a shipping quote.

Features
7" x 16" or 7" x 32" Dimensions
Fits Great In IBC Tote Openings
Available In Single Or 5 Packs
Wide Range Of Nominal Micron Ratings
1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, or 200 Micron Sizes

bagfilterstight01.gif

These will work for making bubble. The 25 / 50 / 100 would corralate to very fine, fine, medium...Good luck.

BigBud09

BigBud09

What size micron filters are the best for making the water hash??

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Zigzagman: I use bags like that for my organic teas brews. I like the 100 and 200 micron bags; never used them for bubble hash, because I have a set of 30 gallon bubble bags.
I found out you can get them cheap at Grainger. It was a special order but I think they were about $25 for 5 of them.

Z

Zigzagman

I've used as high as 150, as long as you like what you got... Sweet. Bubble is the ultimate recycle bin. Whatever you get is free.

nobodyknew

nobodyknew

I wouldn't worry about the bags too much - just go the gumby method you are already familiar with
I have bags but I don't use them anymore.....

BigBud09

BigBud09

I tried it again last night with, only about about 2 good handful's just to do a test run i had a large plastic bowl no mesh or sieve though threw in a load of ice mixed it up for about 10 minutes let it settle scooped off all the foliage from to top but i noticed their was still a lot of shitty bits[leaf] on the bottom so i poured the rest of it through a sieve then all was left was dark brown water let it settle overnight checked it out this morning their was jack at the bottom of the jar?? what am I doing wrong?? is it because I am only using a small amount of leaf?? how much do you need to actually make hash?? i have a big box full of it but i don't want to waist it all in one or two runs as i am just trying to get the method right first

here's some pic's of the hash I am smoking ATM it would b sweet if could make something like that

G

GroHi

And you will be working at it... a l l d a y l o n g... my back is killing me... dry sieved machine here I come lol ;-)

nobodyknew

nobodyknew

I tried it again last night with, only about about 2 good handful's just to do a test run i had a large plastic bowl no mesh or sieve though threw in a load of ice mixed it up for about 10 minutes let it settle scooped off all the foliage from to top but i noticed their was still a lot of shitty bits[leaf] on the bottom so i poured the rest of it through a sieve then all was left was dark brown water let it settle overnight checked it out this morning their was jack at the bottom of the jar?? what am I doing wrong?? is it because I am only using a small amount of leaf?? how much do you need to actually make hash?? i have a big box full of it but i don't want to waist it all in one or two runs as i am just trying to get the method right first

here's some pic's of the hash I am smoking ATM it would b sweet if could make something like that

You'll need way more than two handfuls of leaf to get any amount of hash
In that gumby video that used to be up on YouTube he used 750 grams of leaf trim to get 88 grams of hash - which is astonishing when you consider what the bags will yield from the same amount of trim - like nowhere near that amount.....
I'll be doing a hash run in a couple of weeks - without the bags..:smiley_joint:

stickyicky

stickyicky

And you will be working at it... a l l d a y l o n g... my back is killing me... dry sieved machine here I come lol ;-)

Takes 10 min. of mixing and 1/2 hour of waiting to settle.

Set of 5- 5gal bags on ebay for 80 bucks.

Citris hash 10 17 09 003
Citris Hash Run10 17 09
Harvest 10 17 09 048
BigBud09

BigBud09

That one in the 1st pic looks killa stickyicky how much trim did you use to get that??

Giddeon

Giddeon

does anyone know exactly what the earwax hashs and concentrates they are selling in med shops are? How are they made???

R

Rolln J

Im pretty sure the earwax is a bho left to dry out a little longer - and then there are the shiva crystals - there is some crazy science that goes into making those...

Top Bottom