Water Height Flood Tables...

• Thread starter EatPizza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EatPizza

EatPizza

Hey all!

I have 2 4x4 flood trays(one 55 gal res, to flood both tables) I'll be using 4"x4" RW cubes surrounded by 2"-3" of hydroton throughout tray.

How high should my flood water height be in my trays? Is it better to gauge by the height of the RW cube being used? So maybe flood till water reaches half way point on RW cubes, or flood to half way point of table, which might bring water level to top of the 4x4 RW cube??

Thanks all!
EatPizza

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I always thought u have the table tilted and the water slowly runs down the table feeding all the plants slowy over time lol

EatPizza

EatPizza

Thanks! Is that half way on the 4x4 blocks or actual table? Would you reduce the height of water as they mature more? So later in bloom your really filling to 1/4 instead of 1/2??

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Halfway up the blocks, so you can make sure the cuttings aren't being dried out, but are also kind of forcing the roots to go looking for the water, plus also not having to use so much in the reservoir.

If I were to do flood tables again, I'd flood the same way all throughout so as not to stress them out too much. HOWEVER! If your plants say, "We ain't into that shizzeh! Less water!" then follow their cue. I've never had something like that happen. Yet. :p

EatPizza

EatPizza

Awesome thanks! Maybe you can help me with an unrelated question??

After switching from veg to bloom. Do you gradually bring your wattage to full power on your HPS lights? example: week one start at 200w, week two bring to 400w, week three bring to 600-800w, week four-six bring to full 1000w??

Thanks again!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No, I keep the wattage up for both phases.

Top Bottom