Water - keep it simple people

• Thread starter SecretJardinDS90
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I personally in my 'world' do not understand why someone CAN prohibit you grabbing something that is from the nature, does no harm, and can be collected by anyone that wants to?

Only in America would it be illegal to collect rainwater, thats fucked up. Politics and wealthy people run this country through corruption, so they can make up laws in there favor.

L

longtail

when you hear something like that or read something like that, it just makes me mad period. i'm from old school, literally, how can the sons of bitches tell anyone they can't catch rainwater, that's worse than just fucked up.
i'll get off the soapbox and ask the question concerning this thread...i live in an old house that sits three feet off the ground, my air system drains from underneath and it gives me the opportunity to catch the condensated runoff from the system. on very hot days which from end of may to about october, i can catch up to 3 gals on mild days and up to 8 gals on 100+ degree days which are plentiful.
i ran the water through one of the simple test kits that you can buy at any wallyworld or lowes and it came up with nothing. the hth kit shows no chlorine, no bromide, and no ph, i know that sounds strange but this water does not register anything, which gives it no buffering ability.
if anyone is interested in seeing i will post a pic of the water, it's so clear, it's almost blue. i catch in a large bucket and pour up in gallon jugs for use. when you pour it up, there is so much oxygen in it, you can actually see it. i already use it on my house plants and tomatoes and it's grown the largest most beautiful boston fern i've ever grown. any thoughts on using this water for cannabis?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hey longtail, if it works great on other plants I don't see why it wouldn't work great for cannabis either. I think you should give it a shot on maybe 10-20% of your plants just to see if there is any positive/negative effects.

What do you mean by "no Ph"?? All water has a Ph, did you mean its neutral at 7.0??

squiggly

squiggly

It is a silly law indeed, but it's probably out of concern that you might created a breeding ground in your reservoir. As much as we should be able to use nature--there is something to be said for respecting it. Throwing a giant rain catch in a random place disrupts an ecosystem as well as anything else if you really think about it.

That said, seems like a buncha bullshit to me. They have a monopoly on rain now?

L

longtail

yes, i'm sorry, i guess that is what i meant by no ph. the little cheap tester i used, gives you a color chart to compare to and the test was off the chart. there was no color on the chart to compare to the water. i did the test twice to see if i made a mistake, very old people do that, and still my tested water had no color at all. i'm assuming that the water has a very low or no ph, knowing no more than i do about this, is that good or bad, dunno. i tested my tap water and it went off the scale the other way, it tested almost 9.0.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

They already monopolized water by selling 16 oz. bottles for $1 when it cost them less then 1 cent per gallon to produce. Anyways, I don't wanna start a rant, but it doesn't surprise me that they are making it illegal to catch a few gallons of water a week at your house. And they wonder why people like us grow cannabis and break the law :rolleyes: fuck the politicians and all there wealthy scumbag friends that give them millions of dollars to further there agenda.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

yes, i'm sorry, i guess that is what i meant by no ph. the little cheap tester i used, gives you a color chart to compare to and the test was off the chart. there was no color on the chart to compare to the water. i did the test twice to see if i made a mistake, very old people do that, and still my tested water had no color at all. i'm assuming that the water has a very low or no ph, knowing no more than i do about this, is that good or bad, dunno. i tested my tap water and it went off the scale the other way, it tested almost 9.0.

Well, I don't know what range those test kits go to, but Ph is from 1-14 with 7 being neutral. So if your tap water went off the scale the other way to 9.0 which is alkaline, then that means your water that is being caught from the air system is very acidic, so you need to Ph your water to around 6.5 for soil and unless you have Ph up, then your better off using your tap water and adding vinegar to lower the Ph. Thats if you don't have the time or money to buy Ph up or down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom