Water - keep it simple people

• Thread starter SecretJardinDS90
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SecretJardinDS90

SecretJardinDS90

Hi there. So after a few grows of using tap water and fiddling with pH +/- I dawned upon me that I don't need fancy equipment, or RO water or any of that other crap.

Where can I get a source of water that is free and plants love and have been using for millions of years ?

RAIN WATER!!! I have an indoor grow and whenever it rains I just fill up 4 5 gallon pales of rain water. I you've evert tested the pH of rain water it zeros in at a cool 6.8 ever since this occurred to me I've never had problems.

Just a bit o advice for the newbies

juggernaut

juggernaut

I don't want to sound rude but are you a little out of it. but on that note please tell me more about this amazing and NEW water source?

SecretJardinDS90

SecretJardinDS90

LOL ! You know when your stoned and you think you have really good ideas ? I just felt the need to tell people.

Chobble

Chobble

I've done a lot of work with rainwater catchment etc. Taken classes and installed a lot of systems. Rain water is the most safe sustainable water source. Also you dont need any of the fancy instruments thats all just hype, Your tap water should be generally okay for plants. If its to hard get a water softener.

Chobble

Tropical

Tropical

It's actually really really easy for me to get tons of rainwater. I might give it a try once I start on my grow. :D

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

yeah if you live in a healthy environment in our world.

have you seen how much humans have polluted this earth, and how much shit is really in the rain?

if anyone has ever worked in the car business, you will know why they wrap the whole car in plastic.

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Yeah Id like to see the PH and PPMs of rain water with smog infested cities like Los Angeles. I don't even feed my dog city water.

Chobble

Chobble

Yeah Id like to see the PH and PPMs of rain water with smog infested cities like Los Angeles. I don't even feed my dog city water.
Honestly a lot of water you dont want to drink is fine for plants.

Chobble

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Honestly a lot of water you dont want to drink is fine for plants.

Chobble

Plants that you want to eat or smoke utilizing toxins, poison, polution etc from Cars, Trucks, Air Planes, Trains etc in a high density areas? I see trees growing everywhere that are living on this kind activity but I wouldnt want to smoke or use them in my baked goods. I hear what your saying about plants in general.

Chobble

Chobble

Plants that you want to eat or smoke utilizing toxins, poison, polution etc from Cars, Trucks, Air Planes, Trains etc in a high density areas? I see trees growing everywhere that are living on this kind activity but I wouldnt want to smoke or use them in my baked goods. I hear what your saying about plants in general.

While the valley may not be the best place to use water catchment with all that smog etc I do agree on that. I was referring to your tap water, a lot of the scarier things to humans available in our water don't get absorbed in the plant matter.

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

I hear ya. Current water is 340 PPM and 6.8 to 7.2 in pH. Smells to holy hell of chlorine. Plus I go through 600 to 900 gallons per week depending on week and cycle. Collecting that kind of water in SO-CAL where 12 to 18 inches a year is normal isn't really ideal. Maybe in NORCAL or Oregon, Seattle would probably be ideal to collect for an outdoor deal to supplement and be earth friendly.

Chobble

Chobble

I hear ya. Current water is 340 PPM and 6.8 to 7.2 in pH. Smells to holy hell of chlorine. Plus I go through 600 to 900 gallons per week depending on week and cycle. Collecting that kind of water in SO-CAL where 12 to 18 inches a year is normal isn't really ideal. Maybe in NORCAL or Oregon, Seattle would probably be ideal to collect for an outdoor deal to supplement and be earth friendly.

Naa I completely Agree. I didnt think you would get enough rain. May I suggest adding a carbon filter to your rooms water line? It helps remove chlroine and anything else nasty. Don't know anything about your grow style but it can deffinately help you in soil.

Chobble

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Naa I completely Agree. I didnt think you would get enough rain. May I suggest adding a carbon filter to your rooms water line? It helps remove chlroine and anything else nasty. Don't know anything about your grow style but it can deffinately help you in soil.

Chobble

Yeah I'm on a Hydro-logic Evolution of 1000 GPD program with a High Capacity pre-filter with Earth Friendly Catalytic carbon and sediment filters. Works great. Gets the water down to 10 to 12 ppms when working with fresh filters. I usually let run until 50 PPM to 70 PPMs then change them out and start over again. Usually get 7500 to 10000 gallons per filters run. Water also runs at different PPms depending on time of the year and weather. Raw PPMs seems to drop in the winter by 100 PPMs.

Tropical

Tropical

Fortunately I live in a pretty clean city near the equator, and most rainfall is from the ocean, so I think i'm pretty good on that.

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Fortunately I live in a pretty clean city near the equator, and most rainfall is from the ocean, so I think i'm pretty good on that, fortunately.

ahhh the warm ocean weather by Equator. Your not fortunate your a lucky bastard. :)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

If I lived close to the equator I'd be growing some beastly sativa's. I use to grow in Florida where the weather and day/night cycle was really good for haze and other sativa's.

Tropical

Tropical

If I lived close to the equator I'd be growing some beastly sativa's. I use to grow in Florida where the weather and day/night cycle was really good for haze and other sativa's.
Tell me what you would recommend me growing and I'll go for it and report back :D. I live in one of the countries where temperature doesn't go below 18c or above 28c. Days and nights are almost 12/12 all year round. Although, we do have a 'rainy' season which lasts 3-4 months and can be constant weeks of rain.

Tropical

Tropical

Here in Oregon you have to have a permit to collect rainwater
I personally in my 'world' do not understand why someone CAN prohibit you grabbing something that is from the nature, does no harm, and can be collected by anyone that wants to?

Latest posts

Top Bottom