Water System Upgrade

• Thread starter RoeBuck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pazta

I have the hydrologic evoRO1000 with their pre-evolution prefilter system and their booster pump. It's been great but honestly, their booster pump isn't that impressive for what it cost.

slimjimham

slimjimham

I got everything today, going to run lines to each system once I figure out the best way for me. Will report back if it solves my veg problem... filling a veg system now

I'm trying to figure out if I should run floats in the topoff tanks and have the ro connected there or if I should put a Y splitter off the epicenter float with on off valves and just have the ro connected there next to the topoff if that makes sense
......................--/--|Topoff tank
epicenter<
.....................--/--|ro line

Or

Epicenter>topoff tank w float>RO

But if I don't run the floats to the topoff tanks I'll have to pump ro into them opposed to them filling themselves. ... so as of now I'm going to go with floats in each topoff tank, that makes the most sense i think

slimjimham

slimjimham

Will I think I can finally report everything is all good in the veg tank for the first time in forever after a system change. Now each uc system has a ro float attached to the topoff so if I want to fill or go away for a week I can just leave the valves on and the systems will stay full. Damn it feels like a big upgrade. And I feel like I'll see better results in flower in the future by pulling whatever was harmful from my water.

Inside the water hose that the washer was attached to had some nasty yellow funk built up, so I'm guessing it's some sort of bacteria that was messing me up in the source

Fuck, and the money I'll have in uc roots because I was using 3-4x the max dose

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

I have the hydrologic evoRO1000 with their pre-evolution prefilter system and their booster pump. It's been great but honestly, their booster pump isn't that impressive for what it cost.

I'm hoping I won't need a booster pump. I have good pressure at the house but my shed is another 300' on a 3/4" line. I assume the pump only runs when the RO is making water? What turns it on and off?

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

Will I think I can finally report everything is all good in the veg tank for the first time in forever after a system change. Now each uc system has a ro float attached to the topoff so if I want to fill or go away for a week I can just leave the valves on and the systems will stay full. Damn it feels like a big upgrade. And I feel like I'll see better results in flower in the future by pulling whatever was harmful from my water.

Inside the water hose that the washer was attached to had some nasty yellow funk built up, so I'm guessing it's some sort of bacteria that was messing me up in the source

Fuck, and the money I'll have in uc roots because I was using 3-4x the max dose

That's how I have mine set up. I'm learning how to use the top offs to better control my system. I can't wait to get the new system and be back to stable water again. It makes things a lot easier to control.

slimjimham

slimjimham

Yeah I'm expecting yields and everything to be much better by pulling whatever was fucking things up from my water. Healthier roots means bigger fruits right!

P

Pazta

I'm hoping I won't need a booster pump. I have good pressure at the house but my shed is another 300' on a 3/4" line. I assume the pump only runs when the RO is making water? What turns it on and off?
The pump came with a pressure switch that turns it on and off. You can plumb lines before it so those feeds don't engage the pump. That's how I have my 2 epicenters connected. Then when I need to fill my 250 gallon tank, the pump kicks on.

Top Bottom