water too cold

• Thread starter Drizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Drizzle

Drizzle

It's getting cold out where I'm at and the water drums I fill with my R.O. system are getting too cold after a few days.

Can someone suggest some inexpensive ways to heat the drums of water a little bit. What like heat rods? I've been searching and dpn't know what would be best....a link would really help. Or specific names of what I should look for.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Have you thought of venting some of the hot air from the lights into the room where the water is stored?Maybe a water heater blanket around the drums?Also maybe setting them on a pallet and stuffing some insulation in the pallet between the drum and the floor?A cold concrete floor will radiate alot of cold so a barrier will help seperate the two.

ArtofHydro

ArtofHydro

Even better, go to your hydro shop and see if they carry an aquariam heater. you know, the ones you use for fish tanks. I suggest the TruTemp fully submersible aquarium heater. Its made by German company Ehiem Jager. There are ones rated from 106 Gal to ones rated 159 Gal. I suggest the bigger the better, they have a dial to adjust the heat output. The one I have in my store retails for 35.99. If you cant find it or get it at your local hyrdo shop, go to an aquarium store. if not there then go ahead and order it online from us; Artofhydro.com. We will throw you a discount. Hope I helped.

Art of Hydro

Kyle mccall

Kyle mccall

if there outside which im thinking they are have you got a shed or anything outside put them in it and get a small heater and use it 12 hours before you need to use the water.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Insulate the containers, and heat them either via aquarium heater (use titanium or similar) or put a waterbed heating mat under the container, inside the insulation envelope if you can. I simply made boxes out of those Styrofoam sheets, set the waterbed heating mat inside, set the trash cans inside, added aeration and covered with another sheet of Styro. There is a LOT of condensation in this scenario, when I do it over I'm putting in a good, deep pan to catch all that water.

Top Bottom