Waterfarm

• Thread starter McNugget
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

McNugget

I am considering buying the GH Waterfarm Controller 8 pack. Has anyone out there used one (or many)? If so, did it work well? Was it worth the money? Etc...

M

Married2Mary

Premium Member
Supporter
I've never personally used waterfarms but I've read through a few threads and seen some huge ass trees yielding 30+ oz grown in farms.. Threads done by Heath Robinson if you can find them on the net... WF prolly just like everything else... Just have to dial it in... Good luck..

S

Stackin Paper

I've never personally used waterfarms but I've read through a few threads and seen some huge ass trees yielding 30+ oz grown in farms.. Threads done by Heath Robinson if you can find them on the net... WF prolly just like everything else... Just have to dial it in... Good luck..

Thats aquafarms M2M, with waterfarms you can't grow nowhere near as big as in the aquafarms but you can still easily pull 4-5oz per plant in the waterfarm, the problem is with letting them get too big in the waterfarms is the bottom part don't have enough space for the roots to grow, but 8 x 4-5 oz is still a shitload of bud, especially for a newbie.

D

DND

Thats aquafarms M2M, with waterfarms you can't grow nowhere near as big as in the aquafarms but you can still easily pull 4-5oz per plant in the waterfarm, the problem is with letting them get too big in the waterfarms is the bottom part don't have enough space for the roots to grow, but 8 x 4-5 oz is still a shitload of bud, especially for a newbie.

He is exactly right, you will probably have to trim the roots every so often because of the limited root space. Still worth a try though...

D

DND

Forgot to add that there are some mod's out there for Waterfarms, do a google search for them because most are very helpful.

B

big mike

I did the waterfarm 8pk and failed miserably.. It was my first attempt at hydro and i just couldnt get it right.. :(
If you never did hydro, my suggestion would be to build a cheap kit and learn first, you might not get the hang of it....
Also, over on another site, ic, Hempy HempHog, i think is his name, has great info about mods and shit for the waterfarms.. :smoke

F

FastForward

There seems to be a certain amount of controversy over whether to put airstones in the WF res.....some very experienced WF farmers have said that airstones provide little or no benefit, and only cause unnecessary pH swings. What's your experience?

Also, the only other mod I've read (for single WF) is drilling more and bigger holes....any others to be considered?

B

BunBun

Yes drilling more holes allows for better drainage otherwise the buckets will flood slightly at the bottom. Also using the bubble wands in each bucket did nothing but cause ph swings for me. The bubbling from the drip ring does more than enough to stir the water when the pump is on.

As far as roots in the bottom its not really an issue unless you veg for long periods of time, surprisingly i dont get hardly any roots at all coming out of the bucket with coco chunks.

-Otto

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I use them for moms and they work great, simple system, no water pumps. easy to maintain.

There is one bitch bucket that always crazy ph but I have figured that out now, full recirculating system on waterfarms..pimp.

Not sure about the 5-6oz deal, I can do that in 5" pots if ya don't watch out...Depending on your committment to veg time, you can grow'm as big as you can keep supported, Hydroton is the worst for big plants, you'll never make with it, gotta step up to the lava rocks ala Krusty style, or rock the coco the way I do. Get ya some yoyo's for the limbs or tie them to the cieling.

I am about to buy 2 more complete setups and the 8 site Power garden as well, so I guess I endorse them

Tex

S

Stackin Paper

Yeah they are great for mums, i had mine for 2 years before i even flowered a plant in them, had 2 strictly for mothers.

I have 8-9 waterfarms and a 'phat controller' which is basically the bottom of a aquafarm and bottom of a waterfarm and 1 sits on top of each other, had to pull them early due to the fact the water wasn't circulating round to all the farms and i got root rot, hence the reason for only getting 4-5oz, im done with big bushes now, too much of a pain in the ass when it comes to tying up.

M

McNugget

Well.....I have to say I am completely suprised with how many of you replied with some very helpful info. Thank you all!!! I think I will do a little more research and see what will work best. I am most likely going to wait to start my first serious crop until Spring, so I have a LONG time to research it more. I just don't want to rush into it.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
If you have the room and the cash, I would check out the Power Grower Eco with the controller. It's bigger than the regular waterfarms by a bit and recirculates already by design.

Tex

M

McNugget

I think I might give a DIY DWC system a try for my first "true" attempt. It looks like it will save me a couple hundred bucks and be easier to operate.

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Ive used the water farms and you do have to adapt to them or actually adapt them to you! Drill bigger holes in the bottom and make sure the rings dont plug up. They need to be hooked up to a recirc pump and the grommets/hose need to be atleast 3/4 inch. Good luck with them I just never dialed them in right.

F

FastForward

If you have the room and the cash, I would check out the Power Grower Eco with the controller. It's bigger than the regular waterfarms by a bit and recirculates already by design.

Tex

Tex - we've got those eco growers here (called eurogrowers I think) - but whilst they're larger and recirculate I was concerned that even with the single plant cover on it that they'd be too close to each other....how did you find it?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The Eurogrower is a little different in that the pots are basically sittin on top of the res real close together with a top drip setup.

These are same principle as the Waterfarms only much bigger..

Tex

Imgutility
F

FastForward

Ah...nice one...I was thinking it was this:

Ecogrower

...which is used as the res by the looks of things....but do you see what I mean about being too close together?

Top Bottom