Watering and Dosing for the UC?

• Thread starter GanjaAL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Was wonding how everyone is refilling and dosing there gardens? I am looking for a simple way to do it. I will have 6-27gal buckets with an epicenter.

Thanks.

R

RMCG

Was wonding how everyone is refilling and dosing there gardens? I am looking for a simple way to do it. I will have 6-27gal buckets with an epicenter.

Thanks.

I have built a few pH dosers and am building a 2 part nute doser this week.

I have constant feed water (filtered) vs external reservoirs on float valves. Adding in a faucet and drain line to each room to speed up the full changes.

I have a few other ideas I am kicking around for some other automation, data-logging, sterilization, etc.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Well looks like I will be waiting for the DIY your working on... props to you brother.

I also guess I will be doing the manual 5 gallon bucket method... since no one else is chiming in...LOL.

C

crossouttheiis

That is what I do. Add your nutrients diluted in a five gallon bucket slowly to the system. I let mine mix for a while and add a little at a time. You can also add nutrients to your top off tank if it is a must for you.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
i use a 27 gal black tote as my top off - its sitting on another 27 gal tote with a line to the epicenter float

I mix the topoff the same ph and ppm I have in the system

works just fine

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

motherlode, do you get the "ph swing" that everybody talks about when doing it that way? or does the ph stay constant?

deacon1503

deacon1503

I feed weekly the full regimen, top off with r/o CaMg'd to 250 and ph'd to 4 through the float, then add back a+b as needed every 2 days or so. Usually by the time it hits 6.1 or 6.2 the resulting ppm add back brings it down to the the 5.7-5.8 range. Plants r living, breathing, eating organisms like we are. Would you like to be fed the exact same portion (ppm) of the same thing day after day? No, your hunger varies in intensity and variety. Sometimes I notice more physical growth on the days they consume less ppms then when they eat 70 ppm a night. I feel that they get lazy when fed the same concentration all week. Remember that each nutrient has its own ph range for optimal uptake. Give ur girls the freedom to graze, just keep it in range and don't over think it. Good luck!

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

i use a 27 gal black tote as my top off - its sitting on another 27 gal tote with a line to the epicenter float

I mix the topoff the same ph and ppm I have in the system

works just fine

Hey brother was wondering if I need to keep this cool with a chiller or just run it to the epicenter which will have a chiller for the system?

Thanks as this setup is a simple fix for manual upkeep.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
considering it fills pretty slow it top off rez temp shouldnt be an issue

Top Bottom