Waters coming out of the tap at 220PPM, a newbie that tried searching first.

• Thread starter somedude56
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

somedude56

First of all I would like to say that any help is greatly appreciated, like the title says my water is coming out of the tap at 220 PPM and I'm a newbie and unsure what to do, is it going to hurt anything? So lets say im trying to mix a nute. solution with 500ppm do I do 720 to compensate for what was already in the water when I started, What I have already done was just mixed a batch to 500 total just to be safe but this has been eating at me and I would really appreciate a solid answer. thanks a bunch

L-Immortal

L-Immortal

First of all I would like to say that any help is greatly appreciated, like the title says my water is coming out of the tap at 220 PPM and I'm a newbie and unsure what to do, is it going to hurt anything? So lets say im trying to mix a nute. solution with 500ppm do I do 720 to compensate for what was already in the water when I started, What I have already done was just mixed a batch to 500 total just to be safe but this has been eating at me and I would really appreciate a solid answer. thanks a bunch

To be quick
1. your water is ok at that range but I would check often to make sure its stable
2. fill your rez and let it sit for 24hours( preferably with an airstone) so that chlorine and other additives water company use to sterilize water will air out and dissipate.
3. If you are shooting for 500 you must include what your water is at.Do not go higher until they tell you they need it (they will talk to you I promise)
4. You may increase gradually over time once you see how the plants react.
5. MOST IMPORTANT KEEP A JOURNAL!!! Log every rez always that way you can properly adjust and you always have info on your strains

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

^ what he said...

220 isnt really isht though, it doesnt go much lower than that without filtering it. my last place was comin out the tap over 1500 ppm consistantly but they were doin alot of construction in the area. needless to say i used ro...

T

TreFarmer

^ what he said...

220 isnt really isht though, it doesnt go much lower than that without filtering it. my last place was comin out the tap over 1500 ppm consistantly but they were doin alot of construction in the area. needless to say i used ro...

I'm on a well at 280-320. My spring in NorCal runs 75-100MAX. Down by the bay it was 750-1100 fluctuations monthly.
I ran hydro at the Bay house, with RO and the 215 House no RO. Here I have run all soil so. Far but am setting up a small trial size hydro, and have been assured my water is bueno (that's good in Arctic Swahili):)
L-Immortal n Dz1Pnk gotcha:)

EDIT: I would think a water profile test would be helpful, if all 200ppms is Ca, you might want to know, eh? This is my concern.

J

Jalisco Kid

I agree with what was said above by everyone. I would get an analysis from your water comp. They will send you one for free or you probably can download it from their website. My Miss's taught me at a young age to stop assuming. If they use cloramine instead of chlorine you would need to run it through some charcoal to reduce it. JK

phenotyper

phenotyper

You can also add fulvic acid to neutralize the chloramines. God, I feel so lucky that my water is 30ppm out of the tap.

J

Jalisco Kid

You can also add fulvic acid to neutralize the chloramines. God, I feel so lucky that my water is 30ppm out of the tap.
Where did you hear that from? I use fulvic like GOD uses guilt and I have not heard that tribute to FA. suerte JK
my tap is 580-625ppm at .5 and my pH is 7.8-8.0

S

somedude56

Thanks a bunch for all the replies, good to know. I'll get a sample together soon and go out and get it analyzed, So basically 220ppm isn't a high enough ppms to throw things off? If it was say 500 then it would be to high of a dilution rate to be able to dial things in, am I right? So the way things sit as of now I may invest in a RO system later down the road, hopefully sooner, and until then just shoot for normal ppm range through the cycles and gradually keep takin' em up. thanks

J

Jalisco Kid

Your water company already has done the work just call them. JK

cephalopod

cephalopod

yeah, it's more geared to health guideline contaminants. I thought that it had a tds also, but suppose that it could vary widely inside any given township/city. I would suggest a reef aquarium test kit to find out the hardness, calcium/mag of your tap water. Some nutes have a hard water formula...if you're having issues

Latest posts

Top Bottom