Waxtractor Mule?

• Thread starter ftwendy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
timtractor

timtractor

donmekka, I've been out of the office for a few days. I haven't seen any emails come across, but I will check the voicemail when I'm back on Monday.

donmekka

donmekka

The scientific glass shop that we use, could without question fix it, so there are no doubt artistic glass blowers qualified in your local area.

Does it look like a fatal flaw that will reoccur without design upgrades? Was it cold when you tapped it?

No it wasn't cold and as far as a design flaw or defect I have no idea I am not qualified to make that call .I'll work on getting pics later.

donmekka

donmekka

@timtractor hey bro I called June 3rd also emailed around the same time and replied to your message here. Just figured you guys were busy.Also hope you don't think i am putting you guys down Just reporting my experience for others.I am gonna try and get this one fixed cause i will say when it is not broke it is awesome. But just can justify buying a new one at this current time.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Does it look like a fatal flaw that will reoccur without design upgrades? Was it cold when you tapped it?

I had one of my Mules fail at the exact same place on the tube, at the bend below the fritted disc, but mine was under pressure! The break happened when I was unscrewing the valve to release the liquid butane for evap., and you can bet I was being gentle because this is already a replacement valve on the tube. . . thank the gods of planning for safe practice and a good environment..... Sheesh. What a mess, what a waste.

Be careful. These things are UBER fragile... I still like the idea, but this is an unacceptable failure imo

timtractor

timtractor

I had one of my Mules fail at the exact same place on the tube, at the bend below the fritted disc, but mine was under pressure! The break happened when I was unscrewing the valve to release the liquid butane for evap., and you can bet I was being gentle because this is already a replacement valve on the tube. . . thank the gods of planning for safe practice and a good environment..... Sheesh. What a mess, what a waste.

Be careful. These things are UBER fragile... I still like the idea, but this is an unacceptable failure imo

Hey ftwendy, your security settings won't allow me to send a private message. We're moving into stainless steel in a similar setup and away from the glass. I've got a number of the glass units pressure tested and coated, I'd like to replace the broken one for you. Hit me up and let me know if you would like one.

Top Bottom