Weed that does not smell

• Thread starter oldtimer1960
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Yes, get a less terpy strain and have your lights too high and temps hot, you will cook out the terps. People usually avoid doing this but to each their own 🤷‍♂️

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Any one know what kind of cannibus I can grow that doesn't have that rank skunk smell
I lost my sense of smell many years ago, so I must rely on my wife to tell me if the plants have an odor. She usually says they don't. If anything, she objects to the smell of dry nutrients when they're first added to the soil. I'm not sure why the plants don't have much of an odor, but I suspect it has something to do with growing methods, soil composition or nutrients. I don't do what @cannafarmer420 wrote, though. I do the opposite. I keep my lights relatively low. We nevertheless run an air purifier in the grow room, though, because there are things like mold spores and other allergens that can be bothersome, whether we can smell them or not.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Skunk.

No but seriously wedding cake is kinda mild smelling.

Last edited:
budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

I lost my sense of smell many years ago, so I must rely on my wife to tell me if the plants have an odor. She usually says they don't. If anything, she objects to the smell of dry nutrients when they're first added to the soil. I'm not sure why the plants don't have much of an odor, but I suspect it has something to do with growing methods, soil composition or nutrients. I don't do what @cannafarmer420 wrote, though. I do the opposite. I keep my lights relatively low. We nevertheless run an air purifier in the grow room, though, because there are things like mold spores and other allergens that can be bothersome, whether we can smell them or not.
i cant smell anything i grow either until i smoke it or its right under my nose

oldtimer1960

oldtimer1960

I have not been able to smell since around 1975, but the wife has a nose like a bloodhound and she says no more growing inside unless I can find something that doesn't smell like a skunk, I need help cause I love to grow weed

B

Bdubs

What you do is take a window vent adaptor and hook that sucker up to your exhaust fan and send it outside. I vent out using an 8” fan that attaches to the laundry vent with a 45 degree y pipe. If you need more smell reduction, get a standard carbon filter, then put an in-line carbon filter, exhausting to the outside.

B

Bdubs

So slap one of these in-line as well as your cone carbon filter and reduce that smell even more.

IMG 8590
B

Bdubs

The key is venting outside. Then determining if you need to add the in-line for more control. But you won’t even know your growing until you get around end of stretch through flower. So it will take one trial and error to test her nose out.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
The key is venting outside. Then determining if you need to add the in-line for more control. But you won’t even know your growing until you get around end of stretch through flower. So it will take one trial and error to test her nose out.
Terps are volatile , once you get higher temps they burn up, then the weed won't smell until its been cured for a while, correctly. As far as enviornment smell that's what was mentioned above by Bdubs. I thought you meant the bud itself not enviornment, good luck ✌

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Yeah that’s what I thought.
The heavy smell during flowering
If you haven’t a venting system in place it stinks up the whole house. A simple carbon filter would reduce it loads that and venting outside will rid the rest tbh thinking about it my spare grow room doesn’t smell much at all it’s all trapped in the tent or being vented out

E

Elev8e

What you do is take a window vent adaptor and hook that sucker up to your exhaust fan and send it outside. I vent out using an 8” fan that attaches to the laundry vent with a 45 degree y pipe. If you need more smell reduction, get a standard carbon filter, then put an in-line carbon filter, exhausting to the outside.
Does your dryer smell like skunk went through the cycle?

ReallyOldDude

ReallyOldDude

They all smell get a carbon filter
True, but they all don't smell skunk! My OGK smells like lemons ... others smell like candy. Yea, don't care how good it is, I don't want to grow skunk due to smell either. My understanding myrcene terp is responsible for skunk smell. Lemonene smells lemons. Pinene smells pine. But there are plenty of alternatives!

Buzzy12

Buzzy12

Supporter
Any one know what kind of cannibus I can grow that doesn't have that rank skunk smell
Luckily with modern genetics you have a huge selection of strains that don't smell skunky!

Gotta figure out what your wife doesn't mind and stick to strains like that. There are plenty of strains available that have fruity/floral/candy terps nowadays. Most of the GSC hybrids are considered "dessert" strains because they have a sweeter terp profile.

If you're looking for more of an old school strain that is less potent, Blueberry is an excellent choice.

There is also the elusive strain The White, supposedly super potent strain without any odor bred by Swamp Boys, difficult to get the real thing though.

Top Bottom